Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nix bulletin board....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've almost considered walking away from this forum, but I love discussing Collingwood with fellow supporters. I've loved contributing on Nicks and discussing the club that we all love, but the trolls of this forum are ruining our experience to discuss Collingwood thoughtfully and rationally.

It sucks being here after a loss. Instead of consoling each other and discussing the game in a mature manner, we have certain trolls hijacking every bloody thread existent in the GD section of the forum and repeating the same things over and over again.

For crying out loud, I can handle people being upset and showing their displeasure, but when there's constant criticism non-stop and 10,000 threads demanding that Bucks and Eddie be sacked, then that's when I have an issue with what's going on.

As Swoop said, you'd be naive to believe that there aren't any trolls on this forum. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 am

^ I know what you're saying Jezza.

I know I can have pretty dim views at times, but I don't consider myself a troll... I'm kinda working on my 'ability to post once I've calmed down, then post straight after a loss'.

I guess I've learnt over my short time being here, how to word things in a way to try and promote discussion rather than our right arguments. It's hard and I fail 9/10 times.

But I guess where I'm going is, there are certain posters I just don't enjoy replying to or even talking/discussing things with, so I just avoid it. Doesn't mean I don't dislike reading their stuff, but it's just easier not to reply then start an argument.

Recently added a few others to this list.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 am

Believe me, I know you're not a troll Brenny. I can empthasise with frustrated supporters. For starters, I'm usually fired up during games and can really get angry if we're playing poorly, but after I digest what happens during the game then I can explain the reasons why we struggle or lose rationally and thoughtfully. Some here seem to thrive on us losing and really love to dig their heels into our frustrations.

There's 1 or 2 members on this forum that standout like a sore thumb and you just know that they're trolls. There are a few that have been questioned as being trolls, but I find it hard to believe at the same time.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 am

Honest opinion that won't be very popular.

We have a lot of supporters which leads to a massive mongoloid contingent.
I'd be in favour of euthanasing the 70% of "people" that post on here but thats what you get on the one club supporters board.

Side by side Smile
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 am

Jezza wrote:
I've almost considered walking away from this forum, but I love discussing Collingwood with fellow supporters. I've loved contributing on Nicks and discussing the club that we all love, but the trolls of this forum are ruining our experience to discuss Collingwood thoughtfully and rationally.

It sucks being here after a loss. Instead of consoling each other and discussing the game in a mature manner, we have certain trolls hijacking every bloody thread existent in the GD section of the forum and repeating the same things over and over again.

For crying out loud, I can handle people being upset and showing their displeasure, but when there's constant criticism non-stop and 10,000 threads demanding that Bucks and Eddie be sacked, then that's when I have an issue with what's going on.

As Swoop said, you'd be naive to believe that there aren't any trolls on this forum. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

Completely agree with you Jezza.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 am

There is a vast difference between a true supporter that may get frustrated from time to time due to a poor on field performance and a TROLL that uses every opportunity to criticise and disparage our great club and attack its employees, players, coaches and hard working and committed servants.

Lets be honest, all of us true supporters were disappointed in our teams effort on Saturday night. It does not give us the right to be weak and destructive.

We expect our players to stand up and be counted but we judge ourselves by a lesser standard. I don't think so.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one. Deal with it.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:47 am

Member 7167 wrote:
There is a vast difference between a true supporter that may get frustrated from time to time due to a poor on field performance and a TROLL that uses every opportunity to criticise and disparage our great club and attack its employees, players, coaches and hard working and committed servants.

Lets be honest, all of us true supporters were disappointed in our teams effort on Saturday night. It does not give us the right to be weak and destructive.

We expect our players to stand up and be counted but we judge ourselves by a lesser standard. I don't think so.

"Oh I don't like what you've written. You should be banned as a troll".

That sounds pretty weak to me.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am

It's quite funny to see that the people on here defending the actions of the trolls aren't the trolls I refer to..
And before you take that out of text, no I'm not calling you a troll. We all know who I am referring to.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 am

The only trolls are those who think Buckley can coach Wink
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:19 am

I've waited 40 year for us to put together a team like this, then we go and stuff it up, the magic is gone, the magic left the same time Mick did and that isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

We're a shadow of our former selves, losing every second week, letting teams kick 150+ against us, giving up when the going get a little hard, what's to like guys?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:43 am

swoop42 wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
you can't beat the original Razz

On a serious note... To those having a go at the mods, what are you expecting these 'trolls' be banned for? Which forum rules are they breaking? You can't just go banning everyone who is annoying, shit, I would've been banned yonks ago. Laughing

*Supporters of other AFL clubs may be warned just for showing up. Supporters of Essendon and Richmond may receive two warnings and Carlton supporters will be banned on the spot as a time-saving measure. Supporters of South Australian teams will be treated with great disdain as well as being warned - and may not retaliate. What are you doing here anyway?

Would have thought it's pretty clear and simple.

Again, which rules are they breaking? Do you have proof? Circumstantial evidence is not proof. What's so hard about ignoring them, if you feel that they are trolls? I don't doubt there are trolls on here but why let them ruin your experience. Ignore!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 am

Member 7167 wrote:

+1
Struggle to stomach the Sack this player, sack this coach, sack ( enter name and position description here ).

The same people were calling for Mick to be sacked in the first place, or had a go at Pert early 2010 for the financials, or thought Ben Reid was a dud early days - the hypocrisy is astounding.

Like you said, I was very dissapointed with the loss and think something has to improve or change quickly if we are to compete this year but I now wait a few days before I get on Nicks after a loss - Very little constructive is said by people on other occasions that can have great insight.

Living in Syd we have few AFL following people to talk footy with. Nicks was a good gap filler until recently.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 am

Apart from Jack Spain's weekly double somersault with pike - more positions than the Karma Sutra about the team / coach etc & about as consistent as lumpy custard ...

I believe the majority of wrong thinking people are right.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am

Leggie wrote:
It's quite funny to see that the people on here defending the actions of the trolls aren't the trolls I refer to..
And before you take that out of text, no I'm not calling you a troll. We all know who I am referring to.

The problem is once that sort of banning starts it spreads. I don't post here much because I'm sick of the "Committee For Un-Collingwood Activities" trying to force their opinions and ways of supporting down everyone's throats. I look in occasionally and that about does me these days. I've seen the poster most are referring too and his repetition is tedious. The opinions he expresses are his business however.

I don't agree with Burnsy's opinion that much. To me its pretty much business as usual as far as people with axes to grind goes. I've been here since 2006 and what I'm seeing is no worse than 900 Cloke threads, 500 "Mick must go" threads, and 600 Didak "love him/hate him" threads. Why people need to keep creating the same thread over and over is a mystery however. For me one thread on a topic will do. Perhaps the Mods should do more amalgamating of repetitious threads into one key one. That would certainly help I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: