Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bye bye Bombers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:33 pm

ahh defender keep em comin son! this is a BOG performance if ever there was one.
Hm Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Defender wrote:
Vlads in it up to his neck IMO, there are rumours going around that he knew the Bombers had drug problem long before the shit hit the fan.

If this is true he would have to be dismissed by the AFL Board.

Last edited by Hm on Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 pm

selkevh wrote:
They just showed a shot of Dimmy behind the umpire's bench with his kids. One of them was wearing an Essendon scarf.

Not looking good for a tough stance on the Bombers maybe?

I'm pretty sure most of his extended family are one-eyed Essendon.

He couldn't be that stupid though could he?
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:08 pm

It just gets worse and worse for Essendon, and I can't see them getting off lightly, but to call them cheats is a bit rich because I don't think anything they've taken is actually performance enhancing!

These substances might be banned, but there's no evidence they improve performace, just scant theory. To prove that point, didn't Melbourne take the same stuff last year? Razz

- Ben
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Hm wrote:
Defender wrote:
Vlads in it up to his neck IMO, there are rumours going around that he knew the Bombers had drug problem long before the shit hit the fan.

Th dependent commission? lol

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Hm wrote:
Defender wrote:

He knew IMO.

AFL was told of peptides inquiry

Date: February 06 2013

Jake Niall and Michael Gleeson
THE AFL was informed last year that an Essendon official had made inquiries about peptides - the substances at the centre of the club's scandal - at a sports medicine conference 12 months ago, according to former Brownlow medallist and AFL commentator Gerard Healy.

Healy said that he notified the AFL's then general manager of football operations Adrian Anderson, about the inquiry by the Essendon official, which Healy said was merely one of ''concern'' rather than any attempt to procure it.

Healy was spoken to by AFL integrity officer Brett Clothier, who is heading the AFL's part in the joint investigation with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority into Essendon's possible use of performing-enhancing drugs. Former player Kyle Reimers said the players were told the substances were ''right at the borderline'' .

As the Bombers confessed their concerns about the supplements their players had taken - believed to be peptides administered via injections - they suspended Dean ''The Weapon'' Robinson, the man who headed their conditioning program last year.

Gold Coast is prepared to face investigation - and ready to co-operate fully - given that Robinson and his underling Steve Dank both worked at the Suns. Dank left after three months while Robinson, who presided over a plague of soft-tissue injuries at Windy Hill last year, left late in 2011.

Robinson previously worked at Geelong, which last night said in a statement: ''While we have no evidence or information that this individual acted in an improper manner during his employment at the Geelong Football Club, we are ready to co-operate fully with the investigation.''

Sources say that the use of peptides - administered as supplements to Essendon players - is central to the investigation, which could have dramatic consequences for both the club and the competition.

Healy revealed on 3AW his knowledge of the Essendon official's question and later told Fairfax Media that he heard this story from a high performance sports scientist from another sport.

''Clearly he was asking in a concerned manner,'' Healy said. He had been phoned by Clothier about a month after passing on the information to Anderson.

There are various types of peptides, including those which promote muscle growth and thus have similar properties to human growth hormone. There are also peptides that are inert and legal for athletes to take.

Essendon has admitted its players took supplements but the club leadership said they only learnt in recent days that there were issues with some of these products. The club would not say how many of its players had taken these supplements.

While the AFL is working with ASADA on the investigation any potential punishment - severe if proven - could be out of the AFL's hands as it would be required to fall in line with ASADA policy.

The AFL will rely heavily on ASADA's expertise in the matter and the source said the AFL would be in accord with the drug agency in terms of punishment.

Potentially players could face bans of more than two years if found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs.

Coach James Hird said he believed the players were clean. ''The supplements our players were given, in my opinion and my knowledge, were all approved and within the regulations we all play the game by,'' he said.

''I'm very disappointed - shocked is probably the best word. I believe we followed processes, we put in place the right sort of processes.

''My understanding is we worked within the framework given to us by the AFL and WADA. I'm shocked to be sitting here.''

Essendon said it consulted its staff, then briefed the board before telling the AFL that supplements had been given to its players.

This material is subject to copyright and any unauthorised use, copying or mirroring is prohibited.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-was-told-of-peptides-inquiry-20130205-2dwvk.html?skin=text-only

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:15 pm

IF it is BANNED drugs, peptides, the Dons are gawn, but until then, solid evidence, lets hold down the celebrations folks. Time will tell, but I just hope pretty boy Hird and co, are starting to shit their pants. BTW, bout time the peptides started playing some top teams aint it, like hawks and cats, even the scum ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
And 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Dimi has to go. His mate Anderson jumped quite quickly before this erupted.

They knew about this and Dimi is now attempting to silence clubs that are challenging this.

Why? Cause it is going to hurt his bottom line.
If Caro asks for his head I reckon she may actually get it.

Last edited by And on Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IF it is BANNED drugs, peptides, the Dons are gawn, but until then, solid evidence, lets hold down the celebrations folks. Time will tell, but I just hope pretty boy Hird and co, are starting to shit their pants. BTW, bout time the peptides started playing some top teams aint it, like hawks and cats, even the scum ??

They beat a preliminary finalist from 2012 easily last week, didn't you watch that?

Hm Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

J Watson is favourite for the Brownlow at $4.60, sounds like the bookies know this is going to drag on until October or be a whitewash
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 pm

I doubt the bookies know any more than we do.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Brown26 wrote:
It just gets worse and worse for Essendon, and I can't see them getting off lightly, but to call them cheats is a bit rich because I don't think anything they've taken is actually performance enhancing!

These substances might be banned, but there's no evidence they improve performace, just scant theory. To prove that point, didn't Melbourne take the same stuff last year? Razz

- Ben

May not have helped but the intent was to improve performance was it not?
That's cheating it would seem.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:37 am

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

They beat a preliminary finalist from 2012 easily last week, didn't you watch that?

Sure I did, they beat a crippled with injuries, eight of them, prelim side from last season. next question. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:40 am

OK. What about what? Do you have any hobbies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: