Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

KenH wrote:
Totally agree Stui, no need for any religious prayers or sayings in parliament.

I assume then that this is also the case in Federal Parliament?

I believe it is! It is kind of bewildering in this day and age, and given the principle of separation of church and state. I’d be happy to see it go.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:19 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
NFI Ken,

I stumbled across it reading news online, apparently it's a "tradition" in the Victorian parliament, no clues if anything similar happens in other states or in Federal, but if it does they should stop it.

youd fascinate the cops with your net surfing

I'm half way convinced that the only reason they haven't come knocking yet is that they can't figure WTF I'm doing Razz Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:09 pm

This for Morriggu. A wealthy Thai has been charged for having a rare black leopard on his estate. He may be jailed. In news from the Andaman islands (Phuket etc) they have caught some bozos with animals like slow lorises and monkeys. If the bloody tourists stopped having photos with these creatures they wouldn't be captured. Their is a lot less of it around my way but the places the bogans go it still happens.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:01 pm

ronrat wrote:
This for Morriggu. A wealthy Thai has been charged for having a rare black leopard on his estate. He may be jailed. In news from the Andaman islands (Phuket etc) they have caught some bozos with animals like slow lorises and monkeys. If the bloody tourists stopped having photos with these creatures they wouldn't be captured. Their is a lot less of it around my way but the places the bogans go it still happens.

Cheers RR let us hope he is jailed!!

You are spot on - easy to point the finger at the locals but as you say if stupid tourists stopped attending " shows" where animals are exploited and subjected to cruetly for " entertainment" and they stopped wanting selfies then the practice would stop - when the money stops the cruelty stops!!!

It's amazing in this day and age where it is so easy to research that so called humans still willingly participate in such activities - just shallow and selfish
Twisted Evil

I was at yet another bloody meeting the other day - before it started a senior medical consultant decided to tell me about his recent trip to Africa - thinking I would be impressed he showed me a photo of him patting a lion cub!! That didn't go well - WTF!!! have you not heard of canned hunting do you not know what will become of that cub - you make me sick!! I give him his due - post meeting he did some research and emailed to say he was horrified!! Hmmmm should have done that before you did it.

Just have to keep trying to educate people every chance we get!

Do you know of Boon Lott's elephant sanctuary near Sukhothai? Going to spend my birthday there in October - can't wait!!!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 am

That area is North of bangkok. I am on the east coast in Pattaya. The girlfriends village is about 3 hours from here but there is an elephant sanctuary there as well with armed soldiers.Near Sakeo. From a brief look you are near the old capital. My birthday is October as well. 60 this year. The Ist. I am about 90 minutes from the new airport and 2 hours from the old.

The temples here seem to be a dumping ground for dogs and they go feral. So even going to those can be disturbing for animal lovers. They are not for petting.

If I get a leave pass happy to meet in Bangkok. Easy bus and train for me unless you are near Khao San rd which I avoid. I am more a Soi Cowboy bloke. Although I am happy for Boom to come with me. Bangkok is one of the worlds fun cities and we met there. Every trip is an adventure. If you haven't been happy to PM you with a few tips.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:31 pm

^ You are 29 days older than me!

Just transiting Bangkok this time round - we fly in from Hanoi (staying a few days in Tam Dao at the Animals Asia bear sanctuary) at lunch time and up to Sukhothai at 4pm the same day. As well as eles Boon Lott's also rescue dogs and cats so it should be fabulous.

So I'll have a drink (or several Wink ) for yours on the 1st and you can have a drink or two for mine on the 30th - and then we will be officially old bastards Shocked Laughing Laughing
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ You are 29 days older than me!

Just transiting Bangkok this time round - we fly in from Hanoi (staying a few days in Tam Dao at the Animals Asia bear sanctuary) at lunch time and up to Sukhothai at 4pm the same day. As well as eles Boon Lott's also rescue dogs and cats so it should be fabulous.

So I'll have a drink (or several Wink ) for yours on the 1st and you can have a drink or two for mine on the 30th - and then we will be officially old bastards Shocked Laughing Laughing

Some time in the future you consider Balikpapan in Indonesian Borneo . My second favourite footy team the Borneo Bears are there. A direct flight form Singapore takes 2 hours. The footy club which was set up by expats and they run auskick etc for the Indonesians. They also financially support the sun bear rescue sanctuary which also caters for orangutans. Since I write their weekly footy newsletter and my brother lives there when not working i can get you a an invite to the sanctuary. Balikpapan is a fairly rich town due to oil and full of expats , a lot of Australians working there. I can also get you an invite to the losers bar. It is a converted shipping containers with satellite tv , aircon and free drinks. All the drinks are provided by the expats and businesses. For guests like me you sit on a stool and fill your boots with Jack, Beam, beer and rum or whatever. Good diving sites as well. Last time I went there I was there for 5 days and never pad for a drink. At any venue I went to someone else paid.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:05 pm

^ Thanks RR the sanctuary sounds fantastic - will definitely look at doing that next trip!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am

Morrigu wrote:
^ Thanks RR the sanctuary sounds fantastic - will definitely look at doing that next trip!

At a Grand Final functiin the CEo of the sanctuary gave us a talk on the place and the footy club gave her a cheque for upkeep. The had T shirts for sale and I bought one. Unpacked in Thailand and it was claimed and I have never got a chance to wear it. 2 5 star hotels in the city. A lot of the animals are rescued from loggers who destroyed the habitat.

Sadly a lot of the companies selling carbon credits, including Australian banks,have defrauded the public. And big time. People buy the carbon credits when they fly thinking they are doing the noble thing. The airlines gets the credit and the money is given to projects to plant trees. In corrupt asian companies and I suspect others the military/government step in. The Army sends in troops and take the land from the native tribes and relocate them to some other place where the way of life is ruined and the companies cut the rainforest down, sell the timber and replant palm oil trees. Look we planted 10,000 trees, pay us. So a way of life is ruined, the wildlife has no where to go and greedy bastards like the NAB take money. I was hoping someone would throw the curveball at those bastards in the banking inquiry but unfortunately no one picked it up.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 am

^

Speaking of trees, one fought back.

A kid standing next to the roots of a large tree that had been blown over in a storm, was crushed when the tree suddenly........stood back up again. Shocked

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-25/mum-tells-of-horror-after-finding-son-crushed-by-fallen-tree/10937070

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 pm

From trees that can stand up, to a sperm extraction machine. And no, that's not a misogynist euphemism, it's for real.

Apparently there's a nationwide sperm shortage in China and despite requests for men to lend a helping hand, many seem sensitive about batting one out in a hospital setting, so they created this.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ex-sperm-inate-people-reckon-this-sperm-extracting-machine-looks-like-a-dalek-134534?fbclid=IwAR1W1dJ5IZ7o8YaIuB6wfu1p-gse6jZgQrMGYWkSwKrikszTxSxt6EE3AnY

Principle looks good, not exactly erotic looking though. A bit like humping R2D2

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
From trees that can stand up, to a sperm extraction machine. And no, that's not a misogynist euphemism, it's for real.

Apparently there's a nationwide sperm shortage in China and despite requests for men to lend a helping hand, many seem sensitive about batting one out in a hospital setting, so they created this.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ex-sperm-inate-people-reckon-this-sperm-extracting-machine-looks-like-a-dalek-134534?fbclid=IwAR1W1dJ5IZ7o8YaIuB6wfu1p-gse6jZgQrMGYWkSwKrikszTxSxt6EE3AnY

Principle looks good, not exactly erotic looking though. A bit like humping R2D2

Where i live Stui there about 20000 sperm extracting machines. Small brown ones , in nearly every bar, massage place or gogo. Could be a money maker. Lots of Chinese visitors here although they seem to be accompanied by the wife but there must be a few strays. A few hotels near me are full of them and they tend to be on zero spend tours and when I walf Tukky she is quite often pointed at or photoed. Not sure if they like her or want to put her in a noodle soup.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 am

What a gross comment Ronrat! A lot of those women had no choice, I don’t know why but that smashed my yuk radar.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Passenger tosses coins into plane engine for good luck, grounds flight for hours

A passenger’s attempt to ensure her flight was safe and sound yielded some rather sorry results. The woman in China threw six coins into the plane’s engine for good luck. Only, her actions resulted in her being detained by police and the plane being grounded for several hours.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/it-s-viral/passenger-tosses-coins-into-plane-engine-for-good-luck-grounds-flight-for-hours/story-9KUjW9Qirp04Hnx8NCUdcO.html

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 am

Laughing Laughing

These people walk amongst us! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Speechless
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 256 of 277   

Jump to: