Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Hope she doesn't breed - what a bloody muppet! Rolling Eyes

Jaguar attacks woman who 'crossed barrier to take selfie' at Arizona wildlife park

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-11/woman-attacked-while-taking-selfie-with-jaguar-zoo-united-states/10888096

Damn right!!!! " He said the big cat would not be euthanased because it "was not the animal's fault and they would never harm an animal based on human behaviour"

That should of been the case with Harambe as well!! Evil or Very Mad

Yes, let's kill all the sharks too while we're at it... What a goose.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

David wrote:
If the headline strikes you as puzzling – what obscure Biblical verse is being used to advance this theory, you may ask? – wait until you read the actual piece. It gets a lot weirder.

https://theconversation.com/how-recognising-jesus-as-a-victim-of-sexual-abuse-might-help-shift-catholic-culture-112754

Quote:
How recognising Jesus as a victim of sexual abuse might help shift Catholic culture

Jesus Christ, I mean that needs to be in the WTF thread.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm

think positive wrote:
ohhhh k!

Yes and Svetlana wants to marry him too Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 pm

yesterday we stopped at hubbys workshop on the way to indented head and i said where did that car come from (this actually happens a lot more than where did you get the shoes) oh so and so was moving, i gave him a hundred bucks for it, its out or rego, ill sell it for scrap. one day. in a galaxy far far away. so i said why not sell it? ill chuck it on market place. so i put it on for parts only, $400. sold within 15 min, and a queue of about 20! agreed price $350. it was a piece of shit ford explorer 2000 model. so i rock up this morning and the guy arrives with a truck, he looks at the car and says $200 me nope $350. he says $250/ i said: see ya later. he starts to argue i said mate, i have another 3 people wanting to get it today, and another 15 in the queue! $350 cash or get out of here. he says fill this out. me: huh?? wheres the cash first. he says we put it in your account. um no mate, your not taking it without paying for it. (he has a tilt truck, they aint cheap to run or hire!) ive sold dozens of cars and caravans etc, ive never had this before! At this time we are standing in the workshop because i had a receipt ready, so i start to edge him out. hes coming at me like, no this is the way we do it. me, no its not, cash or leave. Now he starts arcing up. so i yell Mate **** OFF! get out of here, GO. . now we have new neighbours, Indian mechanics, man they have cars everywhere, taxis, lots of taxis, its been 2 weeks of please move the cars so we can get access. Hubby is mainly off site, so they think they can have our space. but after a convo (and a few bollards!!) last week, its all cool. so when i yell, and i mean yell, out come the mechanics!! And this guy takes off for his truck! so i say thankyou and explain. my phone goes off, its the buyer, i say mate, no, not happening, the deal was cash, $350. and hang up. he texts me his driver will be back in 15 min. i text, correct cash. So i do a bit of cleaning (i clean really well when im pissed off) and the truck comes back 20 min later, and out come the mechanics again!! i hold my hand out, "cash first". i get the cash he takes the car. and while im not easily intimidated in these circumstances, i was bloody grateful for the mechanics next door! seriously, where do these people come from! Who thinks thay can take goods without paying for them first??
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Well done. What did you advertise it on? Facebook marketplace or something else?

I've heard of this happening before, usually with Indians doing it. The tactic is to get to the head of the queue by getting an offer accepted, then arrive and haggle

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Yeah marketplace. Usually I sell cars on eBay or car sales but this was just a shitbox to sell for parts, spur of the moment as the workshop is a bit full so I just advertised it while he packed the car to work on the house. The guy was a [snip] of some type not Indian! Probably Maltese they are the stingiest!

Going to push to sell our old tray truck next, did the gearbox last year, it was his brothers originally, but we can’t keep everything and we don’t use it enough. He wants to sell it but it’s digging it out from under various... stuff! He’s a bit of a hoarder when it comes to anything on wheels

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:40 pm

^

Hah, my son seems to have an affinity with Maltese people, he gets along well with them and works for a family company now after a few years doing plastering for one.

I think they relate well to each other, good work ethics (once moving) and volatile temperaments. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Our sometimes business partner is Maltese. The stories are legendary! Certainly not all in a good way!

Glad you boy is doing well. How are things with the baby momma?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 pm

^

baby mumma is an extreme attention seeking dingbat. I tried to warn the kid when he first hooked up with her that she was his mother v2.0. Unsuprisingly, he disagreed but now agrees and refers to her as (mum's name) v3.0 .

he reckons she's worse because for all his mums (multiple) faults, at least she could keep a house clean if not particularly tidy.

When child services refuses to extend your hotel room on the grounds that you tuned it into a pig sty in a couple of days...................

I wish I could afford to not work, I'd just take the kid

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Omg, no way, that’s shocking. So where has she gone now??
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Apparently she's shacked up with one of his older half brothers exes.

Kindred spirits in may ways, both on the gear, but at least she's actually really good with kids and can keep a place clean. the house might be a fkn mess but it's mostly kids toys and shit, not dirty dishes, piles of dirty clothes and food scraps everywhere

The boy agrees with me, for all the issues, the kid is better off there than just with his mum.

I used to get pissed off when I'd get home from work when the kids were young, the ex would go home and I'd have to spend an hour cleaning up her mess. She was a fkn clean freak by comparison.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm

On to more mundane things.

Apparently the Victorian Parliament do the Lords Prayer on opening of each sitting day, followed by a "welcome to country".

I have no problem with the welcome to country, but the Lords Prayer? WTF?

A green, Fiona Patton has apparently flagged this and suggests it stop. Good on her.

Some people are apparently resistant, others want to alternate that christian prayer with ones from other religions.

I say that Religion should have no part of politics. We're supposed to have a division between Church and State, no prayers should be a part of it, from any religion.

Welcome to Country is fine, if you need something to open each day other than a coffee, do that. But %$^$%^&%% the religion off. I was dumbfounded when I read it's being done.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Totally agree Stui, no need for any religious prayers or sayings in parliament.

I assume then that this is also the case in Federal Parliament?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 pm

NFI Ken,

I stumbled across it reading news online, apparently it's a "tradition" in the Victorian parliament, no clues if anything similar happens in other states or in Federal, but if it does they should stop it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
NFI Ken,

I stumbled across it reading news online, apparently it's a "tradition" in the Victorian parliament, no clues if anything similar happens in other states or in Federal, but if it does they should stop it.

youd fascinate the cops with your net surfing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 255 of 277   

Jump to: