Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust a fanatic to put the worst possible interpretation on anything remotely touching that which he hates so much.

From Morrigu's description, it wasn't in the slightest misleading.

Most people with an IQ over 80 know that Australia is - thank bloody god - not the USA.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm

^

So the majority of ABC watchers have an IQ under 80? Razz Laughing

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 pm

^ Pffft - you don't think that stories run on the ABC - and by the way it was reasonable and well researched just IMO "forgot" to point out at any time that the practices shown do not happen here - don't end up being "reported" by other media outlets as "fact" and that numpties of all varieties and IQs have access to such headlines and stories ??

At the time I thought this was very poor and would result in people misunderstanding and perhaps being reluctant to donate and it seems that assumption was correct! Evil or Very Mad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Pffft - you don't think that stories run on the ABC - and by the way it was reasonable and well researched just IMO "forgot" to point out at any time that the practices shown do not happen here - don't end up being "reported" by other media outlets as "fact" and that numpties of all varieties and IQs have access to such headlines and stories ??

At the time I thought this was very poor and would result in people misunderstanding and perhaps being reluctant to donate and it seems that assumption was correct! Evil or Very Mad

refer to the pick for answer. Razz

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm

not sure what it is but this reminds me of something that happened back in the 80's

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/09/01/heavy-rock-music-neo-nazi/

of course; that was when evangelicals were in full blown satanic panic ,

and now it looks like new guardians of moral outrage and ethical superiority are focusing on the same target...... same outcome for them is also likely

The thing is most hard core real Nazis are into classical ..... Wagner and the grail romances and all that stuff

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Pi wrote:
not sure what it is but this reminds me of something that happened back in the 80's

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/09/01/heavy-rock-music-neo-nazi/

of course; that was when evangelicals were in full blown satanic panic ,

and now it looks like new guardians of moral outrage and ethical superiority are focusing on the same target...... same outcome for them is also likely

The thing is most hard core real Nazis are into classical ..... Wagner and the grail romances and all that stuff

In the 80s weren't metal heads suicidal satanists with long hair? IOW, as far from neo-nazism as possible?

FMD

WTF

MM

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 am

I certainly think that putting away the AC/DC albums could be a positive - but there's no reason why kids shouldn't listen to music.

As for Wagner, I've never been a big fan (it's generaly a bit unsubtle for me, except in Liszt's piano transcriptions) - but I doubt that teenagers don the black shirts because they once heard Lohengrin.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am

^ Disagree about Wagner. He was spectacular and tempestuous in his early years, clearly very talented but lacking judgment and prone to unsavory incidents. However he matured nicely with experience and became more versatile: his gritty performance on the current tour of Bangladesh against the spinners has been praiseworthy.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Disagree about Wagner. He was spectacular and tempestuous in his early years, clearly very talented but lacking judgment and prone to unsavory incidents. However he matured nicely with experience and became more versatile: his gritty performance on the current tour of Bangladesh against the spinners has been praiseworthy.

Pay that. Razz Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 pm

another wasted hour on hold to gov departments - doing a lot of holds ATM so i tend to do those things you never have time for: something that has bugged me for a while! i get emails for work from a lady and she always finishes with the letter J, i though she was too lazy to add the O!! til someone else started doing it & i naturally thought WTF!!
solved:
The J is actually supposed to be a smiley face.

If you have Wingdings installed on your computer, the following character will appear as a smiley face. Otherwise, it will be the letter "J": J

This is because the letter J represents a smiley face icon in the Wingdings font. Microsoft Outlook, a popular e-mail client, automatically converts the Smile and Smile text emoticons into smiley face icons using the Wingdings font. Therefore, when Microsoft Outlook users type smiley faces in an e-mail message, they are sent as visual smiley face icons.

there ya go hey!! J!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Irish are supposed to be able to drink.

I've never been more ashamed of my Irish ancestry. Pack of feckin sooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b6fu0I-dqQ

The Blue is mothers milk you poncey heathens. Well, OK I'll grant you if your mother is one of the weird sisters from Macbeth, but the point remains valid.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:56 pm

^ we prefer to drink something with taste ( an enjoyable taste) not just some shite that can make you shitfaced Wink Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Oh it's got taste, taste that will take your breath away. Wink Laughing
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 am

^ or make you wonder why the hell you bothered! Yukkity yuk yuk Razz
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 am

Credit where due - only the Irish, with their legendary livers of steel, would drink absinthe like that

I love absinthe - one of the most lovely things on this earth - especially in a Sazerac or dashed in a martini, or as itself with sugar and water. But neat ? No way, never !!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 235 of 277   

Jump to: