Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ true it is Mug!

She had to take leave without pay to suck on the teat of the taxpayer.

Turns out the Brisbane-based mechanical engineering graduate – and happy beneficiary of taxpayer-funded jollies around our Middle Eastern embassies – was forced to resign from Shell earlier this year when her application to have her leave without pay extended was politely declined.

Word is that while Shell was happy for her to take an initial 12 months leave-without-pay to work at the ABC (read: develop Brand Yassmin), company policy meant it had to refuse her request to extend it. A decision which many execs in the company are now looking at as a blessing in disguise

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/shell-quietly-rids-itself-of-its-yassmin-problem-20170425-gvsgsa

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Well, it is in the right thread, Morrigu - WTF indeed. Fortunately we didn't waste the money on fripperies like schools, hospitals or defence. I know a few people who work for Shell, as they are a customer and supplier to our business - we make speciality chemicals and oil is a feedstock for some of them. They tell me that it is one of the most PC organisations on the planet, which does not surprise me. PC has always been the refuge of those who feel a certain guilt about the real impact of their actions, but do not want to change their level of comfort. So they indulge in superficial rituals, quiver with excitement at diversity, and employ people like Yassmin.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 pm

I am happy that what she has been provided in public funding and her position on public funded committees is now under scrutiny.

I don't think she should be sacked from her role as a presenter on the ABC cause seriously what she does is meh anyway - the remote is your friend! Very Happy

Last edited by Morrigu on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm

She's a dark-skinned Muslim woman on TV. Let's face it, she was under scrutiny from day one.

Lest anyone think I'm going a bit overboard, look at some of the stuff Waleed Aly cops on a regular basis on social media, and that guy is pretty much the epitome of common sense and calm forbearance. Sometimes it's as simple as "I just don't like it".

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 pm

David wrote:
Lest anyone think I'm going a bit overboard, look at some of the stuff Waleed Aly cops on a regular basis on social media, and that guy is pretty much the epitome of common sense and calm forbearance. Sometimes it's as simple as "I just don't like it".

Pfftt Aly - common sense - he supports Richmond! Wink Razz

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:19 pm

David wrote:
She's a dark-skinned Muslim woman on TV. Let's face it, she was under scrutiny from day one.

Whereas of a white person on Tv made (say) a racist or anti-gay remark would have been let off scot-free, presumably ? I think you are making excuses for people on the basis of their identity here, David.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

Whereas of a white person on Tv made (say) a racist or anti-gay remark would have been let off scot-free, presumably ? I think you are making excuses for people on the basis of their identity here, David.

No, really?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

They'd be castigated by left-wing identitarians and defended to the hilt by News Corp types. Abdel-Magied, on the other hand, gets defended by leftists and treated with immediate suspicion by the right at least partially because of what she looks like and how she identifies. These things are operating in totally different spheres. Such is the polarised nature of our society.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 pm

^ I may not be up with the specifics of the Australian experience on this, but over here there are regular sackings (though usually as engineered resignations) from media and academic positions on the grounds that Leftist and identitarian sensitivities were offended. I'd be surprised if it were much different in Oz.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

No, really?

Hehehe

I can't stand him, he's just annoying and so opinionated

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:47 am

Waleed Aly is one of the most intelligent and sensible media commentators in the country.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 am

Waleed is a fkn grub, if you don't agree with his views you are 'racist'. can't stand the arrogant worm.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 am

I wonder how many people don't like him simply because he's a Muslim with an informed opinion.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:37 am

swoop42 wrote:
I wonder how many people don't like him simply because he's a Muslim with an informed opinion.

No I hate him because he grew up in Vermont.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:54 am

swoop42 wrote:

Ah yes serve up the Christian whitemans guilt. Apparently white people are not allowed or not capable of, disliking anyone who's not white for any other reason than racism.

I don't like anyone preaching to me that this is what's right, as if no other opinion counts. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. he's giving his opinion, that's all. I don't particularly like the way he gives his, he comes across arrogant and disdainful. And yes, that's just my opinion.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 221 of 277   

Jump to: