Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have to be an extreme comment for someone to be sacked on a first offence.

Most larger companies have social media policies which warn employees what they can and can't put on social media and also about identifying themself as an employee.

Most recent situations I'm personally aware of result in a first formal or informal warning and a strong suggestion to refresh themself with the relevant policy.

One I'm aware of which is directly related to this topic. Someone used a word that's derogatory to gays in a tweet. They use their actual name on Twitter and Facebook, their Facebook account is visible to all and they list their current employer on their Facebook page. So the person who was offended by the tweet contacted the employer.

The person will be spoken to but unless they have previous form in this area, it's highly unlikely to to result in more than a warning.

I was more thinking of what you think about people driving social agendas by resorting to punishing people by reporting them to their employers. There's clearly an implied threat to the employer to take action or be seen to be condoning the views expressed by their employee.

Do you think that's a legitimate tactic in social progressive reform?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:22 pm

I understand why they do it, but I think it does much more harm than good in the long run. They may think they've won by teaching some internet bully a lesson, but in the end they're helping to create a culture that may just see them getting sacked for posting something leftist one day.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:44 pm

I think it does more harm than good for a different reason.

It follows the extreme progressives stance of using punitive measures and insults to attempt to silence those with dissenting opinions, which doesn't encourage anyone to agree with their stance other than those who already do and only serves to drive the anti PC brigade.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Yep, no disagreements with that.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:21 am

About 3 years after Facebook came the Defence Department had identified over 2000 people who were members of the SASR. Not one of them actually was. About 600 soldiers, a lot reservists were given security violations and admin warnings, The Chief of Army said the next person who did it would be kicked out and withinn a months ome dozen or so were gone. The warning came on the front page of the Army newspaper which most claimed they didn't read.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Red headed chicks netball team just won their game by 58 to 2!
To say the game was a total mismatch was an understatement.
My girls had lost their first 2 games for the season, so wasn't expecting much (they only won 2 games last season) and I had a couple of fill in players to cover a couple were away & injured plus I had to step into coach as coach is in holidays. Helped that the fill ins were actually heaps better players than the ones that were missing - one being a gun shooter who can shoot & rebound. We only have 1 shooter, the red headed chick has been playing in goals even though she is our best defender.

It was good to have girls in the team who run hard for 4 qtrs. & can throw and catch for a change!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Red headed chicks netball team just won their game by 58 to 2!
To say the game was a total mismatch was an understatement.
My girls had lost their first 2 games for the season, so wasn't expecting much (they only won 2 games last season) and I had a couple of fill in players to cover a couple were away & injured plus I had to step into coach as coach is in holidays. Helped that the fill ins were actually heaps better players than the ones that were missing - one being a gun shooter who can shoot & rebound. We only have 1 shooter, the red headed chick has been playing in goals even though she is our best defender.

It was good to have girls in the team who run hard for 4 qtrs. & can throw and catch for a change!

Well done - but wotrugunnado now!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Old news apparently, but organ harvesting is a big deal in China.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/the-reality-of-human-organ-harvesting-in-china/news-story/14d3aa5751c39d6639a1cc5b39f223b7

Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:02 pm

This is one way to kill people.

http://mashable.com/2016/09/20/hottest-chip-carolina-reaper/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#ghB5vk1Bhqqo

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 pm

Think I posted this in the wrong thread originally but I just don't get it so....

WFT have children got to do with legalising same sex marriage Confused

Why are many of the anti same sex marriage posters I've seen talking about children and keeping children safe etc etc?

Don't these numpties realise that same sex couples can and do have children now the same as heterosexual unmarried folk?

Or are they suggesting you only to get married to have children?

If that's the case and children are prerequisite for marriage well it's off to the divorce court for us in the morning Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 pm

There was a lengthy discussion about this on Gruen the other night (I think I posted about it in the other thread). Basically the anti-SSM crowd have very few (and incredibly unconvincing at that) arguments, so have to try to play the emotive "think of the children" card as much as possible. Even though they're wrong on that too, if they can distract enough from the actual argument and sow enough doubt, then they stand a much better chance of winning.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 pm

^ ah we have been away so recorded Gruen and still trying to catch up!

It just makes no sense to me - if the yay crowd have any sense they will take the nay crowd on and play them at their own game - show lots of same sex families with rugrats who aren't married and highlight that legalising marriage will make no difference to who can and do have ruggies!

And as for using Nelson Mandela's words and image in their campaign - please Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Rode my new bike to St Leonards yesterday (from Geelong) & got caught in the rain on the way up & got swooped by a Magpie x 3-4 times with its beak hitting the helmet when I was doing about 25km's on the road shoulder! Glad to say I kept a straight line as the road shoulder was relatively narrow. Head wind on the way back but sunshine & easier to ride although my bum is still acclimatising to the new saddle

Pleased to say most cars & trucks acted responsibly when going past me. Not one close shave to write about.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:51 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Rode my new bike to St Leonards yesterday (from Geelong) & got caught in the rain on the way up & got swooped by a Magpie x 3-4 times with its beak hitting the helmet when I was doing about 25km's on the road shoulder! Glad to say I kept a straight line as the road shoulder was relatively narrow. Head wind on the way back but sunshine & easier to ride although my bum is still acclimatising to the new saddle

Pleased to say most cars & trucks acted responsibly when going past me. Not one close shave to write about.

WTF is this doing in the WTF thread!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

great effort well done!! cheers!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:31 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

WTF is this doing in the WTF thread!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

great effort well done!! cheers!!

Cheers: WTF thread because of the friggin' swooping magpie, the rain then the headwind!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 192 of 277   

Jump to: