Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Show on Foxtel doco about William Hayes, the guy the movie midnight express is about, gees, amazing story. Scary shit

Jo, this it?:

Banged.Up.Abroad.The.Real.Midnight.Express

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x195fuz_banged-up-abroad-the-real-midnight-express_shortfilms?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

Aon the spoken-word tour too in 2015 it seems:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/billy-hayes-convicted-drug-smuggler-tells-the-true-story-behind-midnight-express-20150324-1m6ole.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 pm

piedys wrote:
think positive wrote:
Show on Foxtel doco about William Hayes, the guy the movie midnight express is about, gees, amazing story. Scary shit

Jo, this it?:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x195fuz_banged-up-abroad-the-real-midnight-express_shortfilms?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

Aon the spoken-word tour too in 2015 it seems:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/billy-hayes-convicted-drug-smuggler-tells-the-true-story-behind-midnight-express-20150324-1m6ole.html

Yeah that's the one, very interesting Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 pm

WTF seriously WTF - this is just bullshite !! Evil or Very Mad

AN ice-affected teen who killed a mother while driving a stolen BMW has been jailed for less than three years.

A Children’s Court judge today imprisoned the 16-year-old for slamming into Amanda Matheson’s Ford in Mordialloc on November 9 last year.

The teenager was speeding and had the drug ice in his system when he swerved on to the wrong side of Governor Rd about 7.30am, killing the mum of two teenage daughters.

A psychological report said he had admitted to using Facebook on his phone while driving, which was treated as an aggravating feature.

The boy, who is linked to a jailed, suspected Apex gang member, was six weeks into a 12-month probation order for car thefts, aggravated burglaries and a police pursuit when he fatally hit Ms Matheson.

One of those incidents involved another stolen BMW, which slammed into a power pole following a police chase on June 9, 2015.

The X5 the boy was driving when he crashed into Ms ­Matheson’s car was used in a Frankston South carjacking three days earlier, when suspected Apex thug Issac Gatkuoth pointed a shotgun at a terrified driver’s head.

The boy pleaded guilty to nine charges, including dangerous driving causing death, failing to assist at a serious accident, and car theft.

A witness said the boy had walked over to him and said: “Can you give me a lift, bro?”

The boy left the scene, went to a nearby mechanic’s, and from there was driven to a McDonald’s at Chelsea Heights, where he was arrested.

The psychologist later observed that the boy “didn’t ­appear distressed”.

In sentencing the teenager to two years and 10 months in youth detention, the judge ­described the boy’s behaviour following the tragedy as “selfish and utterly shameful”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/iceaffected-teen-who-killed-mother-while-driving-stolen-car-jailed/news-story/550cb8fd7111c48b09674485849c5505

Seriously 2 years and 10 months for killing a woman just going about her life and leaving her kids to grow up without their mother after having already been caught and put on probation - bullshite and this flog is a complete and utter oxygen thief !!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 pm

^ we should close our borders
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm really conflicted about how to feel about that story.

I feel really sorry for the woman and her family, and agree the sentence is utterly inadequate.

On the other hand, teenagers can do some really dumb shit, especially when that cnut of a drug Ice is involved.

No win situation. Sad

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 pm

^ yes I understand that but was given a chance - probation and fcked up again and cost a woman her life and her kids a mother

He doesn't get to skip out of juvi at 19 years of age to enjoy his life or more likely wreak more havoc

It's interesting that in many circumstances we know have to accept that " minors" at age 16 can give informed consent for medical procedures - I don't disagree at 16 most know right from wrong - IMO he should have been tried as an adult ( probably would have got 4 years then cause the legal system is fkd!!)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 pm

There must have been significant mitigating factors that I'm unaware of for this young offender to receive such a sentence, otherwise it's an inadequate sentence.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm not conflicted at all. Throw away the key. Yes teenagers can do dumb things, dumb things are not holding a gun to someone's head and stealing their car. Or even being associated with such fuckheads that do. Taking ice and then driving is not just a dumb thing, it's an illegal thing, and someone is dead. Someone's children will never see their mother again. Three years is utter bullshit. No wonder kids keep doing "dumb" things, when they have very little to lose. Throw away the key. And if he wasn't born here, throw him back to where he came from.
He's had chances, how many do you want to give him? he blew it.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:06 am

think positive wrote:
piedys wrote:
think positive wrote:

Jo, this it?:

Yeah that's the one, very interesting Wink

Ah good, watched it the other night.
So he had a few goes at muleing the gear into the States it seems...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 am

Morrigu wrote:
WTF seriously WTF - this is just bullshite !! Evil or Very Mad

AN ice-affected teen who killed a mother while driving a stolen BMW has been jailed for less than three years.

A Children’s Court judge today imprisoned the 16-year-old for slamming into Amanda Matheson’s Ford in Mordialloc on November 9 last year.

The teenager was speeding and had the drug ice in his system when he swerved on to the wrong side of Governor Rd about 7.30am, killing the mum of two teenage daughters.

The boy, who is linked to a jailed, suspected Apex gang member, was six weeks into a 12-month probation order for car thefts, aggravated burglaries and a police pursuit when he fatally hit Ms Matheson.

The X5 the boy was driving when he crashed into Ms ­Matheson’s car was used in a Frankston South carjacking three days earlier, when suspected Apex thug Issac Gatkuoth pointed a shotgun at a terrified driver’s head.

Seriously 2 years and 10 months for killing a woman just going about her life and leaving her kids to grow up without their mother after having already been caught and put on probation - bullshite and this flog is a complete and utter oxygen thief !!

I'd be suing the living shit out of the parole board if I was the woman's family....

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Not quite a WTF but more of a commentary on modern society.

Apparently there's an underground campaign to find allegedly homophobic comments on social media, do some digging and identify the employer of the person who made them, and lodge a complaint with the employer.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:27 pm

^ Wouldn't surprise me. Stuff like this is already pretty common both here and overseas, and there are a great many people who think doing that is totally justified.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hotel-worker-michael-nolan-sacked-over-facebook-post-to-clementine-ford-20151130-glc1y4.html

I don't suppose you need to guess what I think of it...

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:49 pm

^

Actually I'd be interested to see how you place this.

I know your feelings on an individuals actions in their personal life being separate from their work, but I'm a tad intrigued where this sits with you.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 pm

You know what you do when you assume.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:54 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Actually I'd be interested to see how you place this.

I know your feelings on an individuals actions in their personal life being separate from their work, but I'm a tad intrigued where this sits with you.

Same as any of the other stories like this – I think it's completely unacceptable for someone to be fired for posting something offensive on Facebook. That most people seem to think it's absolutely normal and reasonable for an employee to be sacked in cases like these terrifies me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 191 of 277   

Jump to: