Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ I didn't read the story closely, but he seems to have snuck into an army base on the first day and taken shelter there for the week, with water but apparently no food. The fact that a 7-yo could hide out in Japanese military barracks, a few km from where he went missing, for a week when there was a country-wide search on for him doesn't say anything particularly reassuring about the internal security of their army.

Hahaha

In the movie "unbroken" a jap fighter is shooting at three airmen in a raft, and doesn't hit any of them, one of them says "shot we might just win this war if that's anything to go by"!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:42 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
A 7 year old Japanese boy missing for 4 days after his parents leave him in a forest road as punishment is still missing! Shocked

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/31/hunt-japanese-boy-yamato-tanooka-forest-punishment-parents-critcised

Found this morning, it appears:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/03/japanese-boy-yamato-tanooka-missing-forest-found-alive-punishment-parents

Great news Smile

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Posting your party on Facebook in "troubled neighbourhoods" and thinking it won't get gate crashed.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:11 am

This headline on the ABC News website:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-07/dna-confirms-aboriginal-people-as-the-first-australians/7481360

There is absolutely nothing in that article – or, as far as I can tell, in the study it refers to – that justifies the claim that Aboriginal people have been 'confirmed' as the first Australians. All they have done is demonstrate that an earlier finding which seemed to show that there were earlier inhabitants was based on faulty evidence – which merely takes us back to square one of not really knowing either way. If I understand this correctly, there's no evidence here that Mungo Man even is of Aboriginal background. I'm amazed that the ABC could be responsible for such sloppy journalism.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37 am

Does that mean there's still some chance that Diego, Manny and Sid were the first talking inhabitants of our great land?
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 am

Walked in to the butchers yesterday, by myself.

Young butcher behind the counter says 'how are we?'

I said 'I'm alright but I'm not too sure about this other bloke!' Laughing

MM

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Maybe he was inviting you to tell him how he was? People do get out of touch with their own feelings, sometimes!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:44 am

I walked into Lorna Jane yesterday (gym gear shop) and three obviously bored assistants surrounded me, one got right in my face and said'hihoware wetoday,haveyouhadthemorningtoyourselftowalkaroundtheshops,aren'tyoulucky,whatagreatdayfor you!"

1 it was afternoon, 2 I had a Lululemon shopping bag on my arm, so obviously I was shopping for sports gear, gees talk about off putting! Maybe I interrupted their break, they seemed happy to see me leave without even looking at their stuff!

I'm always friendly with shop staff (being a rep shows how fricken rude some shoppers are!). Was working on the floor in target one day and this little old lady dressed like Toorak walks in with a grand child. The assistant, lovely person was chatting and helping and this woman thanks her nicely, then grabs her grand daughter and says 'see honey, grandma went to school and night school so she didn't have to work in a shop!" Oh my god! And the assistant, the nicest person you've ever met seriously, we are still friends even though neither of us work there, just smiled and said, "good on you, well done!" I was gobsmacked, how $£$%^%%$ rude, I still regret I didn't say something, but I was literally speechless!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Wow, what an awful woman. Talk about a superiority complex! As for your first experience, I was trying to make this exact point in a work meeting on customer service the other night. They tell us to greet everyone, but a smile of acknowledgement is often more than enough for most people – a great many will be put off by forced greetings.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Does that mean there's still some chance that Diego, Manny and Sid were the first talking inhabitants of our great land?

All hail Fire King.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:48 am

David wrote:
Wow, what an awful woman. Talk about a superiority complex! As for your first experience, I was trying to make this exact point in a work meeting on customer service the other night. They tell us to greet everyone, but a smile of acknowledgement is often more than enough for most people – a great many will be put off by forced greetings.

Yep on all counts, I hate pushy sales people!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 pm

think positive wrote:
I walked into Lorna Jane yesterday (gym gear shop) and three obviously bored assistants surrounded me, one got right in my face and said'hihoware wetoday,haveyouhadthemorningtoyourselftowalkaroundtheshops,aren'tyoulucky,whatagreatdayfor you!"

1 it was afternoon, 2 I had a Lululemon shopping bag on my arm, so obviously I was shopping for sports gear, gees talk about off putting! Maybe I interrupted their break, they seemed happy to see me leave without even looking at their stuff!

I also hate pushy sales people, but I truly don't get how that was pushy?
1. - she wouldn't ask how your afternoon was if you hadn't had it yet, so seems reasonable to ask how your morning was
2. - just because you had a Lululemon bag, does that mean you were only shopping for sports gear? I don't know how she was meant to know what your shopping chores were.

Not being picky but that seems a little harsh.

As for the old bag in Target, what a mole!! I would've asked how she could lower herself to be inside a department store!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:

I also hate pushy sales people, but I truly don't get how that was pushy?
1. - she wouldn't ask how your afternoon was if you hadn't had it yet, so seems reasonable to ask how your morning was
2. - just because you had a Lululemon bag, does that mean you were only shopping for sports gear? I don't know how she was meant to know what your shopping chores were.

Not being picky but that seems a little harsh.

As for the old bag in Target, what a mole!! I would've asked how she could lower herself to be inside a department store!

I was 2 feet in the door, she was an inch from my nose, I hate that, and she had the arrogant sales lady attitude like that scene in pretty woman, where the snooty woman didn't want "her type" in the store. (by the way, the lack of spaces was deliberate, that's how she spoke!!)

as for the Lululemon comment, both that brand and Lorna Jane are expensive, the stores don't get very full, (actually there was no other customer in there at the time) I would have thought they would be keen for sales, not chasing me out, oh, and she said "Have you had" not "did you have", but that's picky!! not sure how to get the feel of her attitude in writing.

either way, I just couldn't be bothered even browsing after that assault, and that's what it felt like!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

David wrote:

this is why I walked!!

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 am

David wrote:

You are correct David. I was once relieved not to get a job I'd applied for when I realised the business owners had a sales script which could not be deviated from. Needless to say, that business has been unspectacular.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 182 of 277   

Jump to: