Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean our current problem.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Wokko wrote:
The problem with the whole Transgender thing TP is that someone who hasn't changed at all can say they 'identify' as a gender and are now allowed into the women's bathrooms. So Dirty Joe the peeping tom just strolls into change rooms or toilets says "I'm a woman you bigot" and starts getting his rocks off. If you try and stop him going in there then you're the evil one. It's not until he actually does something that some action can happen, and if that something is molesting or sexual assault then the damage is done.

The issue isn't a trans woman in the womens toilets, it's bad legislation stating that anyone of any biological sex can use any toilet.

Again, provide evidence of this spate of Dirty Joes posing as transgender women and committing sex crimes in toilets. Someone found one case, I think, over in America. You don't base policy on such rare phenomena, particularly not if it has a measurably negative effect on a large subset of people.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 pm

The transgendered could use the disabled toilet, just replace the wheelchair with a ?

I always thought the picture of the person in the wheelchair was a bit hurtful to disabled people who can walk.

Where is this going to end? < that was a real question mark not a transgender symbol... Oh dear me....

Don't worry, TG is just the new gluten free, once they have to start paying extra, they'll give it up and be normal again.

Ok just in case anyone doesn't know, I'm not being serious.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 pm

^

There is a real risk though that if public toilets are refitted without being redesigned as TP described the ones at her daughters uni, that opportunistic creeps will take advantage of that.

you may not find lots of guys hanging round in the male toilet at the moment but if it's an all gender free for all the probability increases of unwanted activity.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

There is a real risk though that if public toilets are refitted without being redesigned as TP described the ones at her daughters uni, that opportunistic creeps will take advantage of that.

you may not find lots of guys hanging round in the male toilet at the moment but if it's an all gender free for all the probability increases of unwanted activity.

Yes all they did was change the sign, there is nothing different inside, so basically cubicles that don't go all the way to the roof, and those shitty little locks. I'm not comfortable with that. And more importantly to me, neither is junior.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Jake King's head on the Marngrook Footy Show tonight.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Dangles wrote:
Jake King's head on the Marngrook Footy Show tonight.

Yeah, LOL.

Mum wanted to watch it so I put it on. After a few minutes she asked me who the poof-ter was. I said that by his voice it sounded like Jake King and I wasn't sure he'd appreciate the tag, at which she backtracked. Razz Laughing

Edit because of stupid swear filter Rolling Eyes

Last edited by stui magpie on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:19 pm

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
The problem with the whole Transgender thing TP is that someone who hasn't changed at all can say they 'identify' as a gender and are now allowed into the women's bathrooms. So Dirty Joe the peeping tom just strolls into change rooms or toilets says "I'm a woman you bigot" and starts getting his rocks off. If you try and stop him going in there then you're the evil one. It's not until he actually does something that some action can happen, and if that something is molesting or sexual assault then the damage is done.

The issue isn't a trans woman in the womens toilets, it's bad legislation stating that anyone of any biological sex can use any toilet.

Again, provide evidence of this spate of Dirty Joes posing as transgender women and committing sex crimes in toilets. Someone found one case, I think, over in America. You don't base policy on such rare phenomena, particularly not if it has a measurably negative effect on a large subset of people.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:20 pm

^ really don't know how to get rid of the 2nd picture Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:24 pm

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:

David the thing is ANY Man can go into the ladies toilets. No one is worried about transgenders, I don't even know why you insist on bringing them into it. Why do men need to share toilets with women? I don't want them in there full stop. You don't have daughters, so don't tell me how to feel when some scuzzy looking guys walk in the toilets when my daughters are in there. How about the measurable effect on on the female population? How about little old ladies? You are so worried about looking after the minorities your forgetting the majorities. Do a survey of little old ladies.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:17 pm

I also think most people don't find the idea of a stranger hearing them grunt and fart while straining out a poo appealling. How much more awkward would it be having a member of the opposite sex listening in, especially as it isn't by choice for either party.

Imagine the fun of this in a workplace.... Could you look at the hot chick/guy in HR or a senior manager of the opposite sex the same way after hearing them drop their guts?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 pm

^ and this is probably why feminist student politicians are keen on the idea of unisex toilets – many don't like the idea of the world being segregated by gender in that way. It's a bit idealistic, but it's not the craziest thing that's happened on a uni campus.

Personally, I'm not advocating unisex toilets (though I don't really have a problem with them personally). I understand that many people would feel uncomfortable about them; but then, a lot of people feel uncomfortable with any change in the status quo. Personally, I doubt we'll be seeing this policy instituted at Chadstone shopping centre any time soon, so I wouldn't be panicking about that.

Otherwise, of course I defend trans people using the bathroom they choose, and think that's non-negotiable. We shouldn't conflate these two issues.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 pm

David wrote:
^ and this is probably why feminist student politicians are keen on the idea of unisex toilets – many don't like the idea of the world being segregated by gender in that way. It's a bit idealistic, but it's not the craziest thing that's happened on a uni campus.

Personally, I'm not advocating unisex toilets (though I don't really have a problem with them personally). I understand that many people would feel uncomfortable about them; but then, a lot of people feel uncomfortable with any change in the status quo. Personally, I doubt we'll be seeing this policy instituted at Chadstone shopping centre any time soon, so I wouldn't be panicking about that.

Otherwise, of course I defend trans people using the bathroom they choose, and think that's non-negotiable. We shouldn't conflate these two issues.

Oh my god there you go with the trains again! No one else mentioned them, it's not about that!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Um, you did, and Wokko did. Of course I'm probably getting mixed up because we were just talking about trans bathroom use in another thread, but you can hardly say it's an entirely unrelated topic.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Actually I said that genuine transgenders can use their new gender bathroom, so why is this necessary?

Can you answer that?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 177 of 277   

Jump to: