Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I doubt a lot of your views will ever seem normal and reasonable. Razz

I'm not suggesting the ex is untouchable, but there has to be a time period involved. Let the upset ones wounds heal so they're ready and able to move on first, not rub salt (or your dick) into it.

lol!! Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:38 pm

luvdids wrote:
Not totally hearsay, a friend of mine knows Billy (first hand) and called him this morning. So, although it wasn't me, it was as close as you get - not like it was a friend of a guy at work who lived next door etc.

Billy didn't initiate the break up. Garry banged Billy's estranged wife (not even divorced wife).

And now Lyon is claiming mental health issues for dropping out of the footy show. Rolling Eyes

I hope he's not just bullshitting (I wouldn't wish a mental health issue on anyone btw), if suffering from guilt was a serious mental health issue the institutions would have been full of Catholics.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Mental Health issues can lead some people to make bad life choices but I really hope it's not being used as a cover story or to stop the 'scandal' side of things.

And yeah, if someone is genuinely your friend they'll at least ask you if it's alright to persue an ex; it's not about owning someone once a relationship is over it's about respecting your friend enough to make sure your actions aren't going to cause pain and suffering. There are 7.4 Billion people in the world, I don't think a mate's ex is the one and only Miss Right.

If it's 'True Love' with marriage and kids on the horizon then I understand, but in that case your mate will too. Ask.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 pm

^

Particularly when it's been a longstanding relationship of several years, not some primary school 5 weeker.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Wokko wrote:
And yeah, if someone is genuinely your friend they'll at least ask you if it's alright to persue an ex; it's not about owning someone once a relationship is over it's about respecting your friend enough to make sure your actions aren't going to cause pain and suffering. There are 7.4 Billion people in the world, I don't think a mate's ex is the one and only Miss Right.

If it's 'True Love' with marriage and kids on the horizon then I understand, but in that case your mate will too. Ask.

I don't totally disagree with you; I'd just phrase it more as "give them the heads up and prepare them" rather than "ask them for permission". I don't think permission is theirs to give, but I do think it's best for everybody concerned if they find out through you and not a third party (or worse, find out when they run into you and the ex in the street one day arm in arm).

Last edited by David on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Is this true or false: "This sentence is false. "
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Good one, Hal. Anyone want to have a crack at that one? Laughing
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Oops. Too much data.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:48 am

Cleaning out my wardrobe and bed side table, found 16 pens in my top drawer. I only remember putting 1 in there! I also found $5.65 so far.

If only I could find my other pair of glasses

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:37 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Mates don't do that to mates.

I would prefer the view that mates don't behave like jealous cavemen if their friend and former flame happen to hit it off. You either deal with it like a mature adult, or, if you can't handle the sight of them together, you may have to go your own way – and that's your problem, really, not theirs.

All very well to say "there's plenty of other fish in the sea", but love doesn't follow social conventions. I think it's hard enough to find love in this world without being bound by stupid rules like "mates' exes are off limits".

Does anything change if one substitutes "mates' exes" with "mates' family members"?? Like, I dunno, "mates' daughter" ??????

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:40 pm

^

You mean, "soon to be ex-mates" daughter. Razz

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm

King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I would prefer the view that mates don't behave like jealous cavemen if their friend and former flame happen to hit it off. You either deal with it like a mature adult, or, if you can't handle the sight of them together, you may have to go your own way – and that's your problem, really, not theirs.

All very well to say "there's plenty of other fish in the sea", but love doesn't follow social conventions. I think it's hard enough to find love in this world without being bound by stupid rules like "mates' exes are off limits".

Does anything change if one substitutes "mates' exes" with "mates' family members"?? Like, I dunno, "mates' daughter" ??????

Yeah heard that too, like sleeping with your creepy hairy uncle, no wonder billy is pissed, and has been seen out with his missus without friction (don't. Go there!)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm

think positive wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yeah heard that too, like sleeping with your creepy hairy uncle, no wonder billy is pissed, and has been seen out with his missus without friction (don't. Go there!)

Considering Billy is hung like a bull Gorilla (google that) I'm not surprised. Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:23 pm

The reaction to Alice Kunek dressing up as Kanye. If this poor girl kills herself, her team mate has blood on her hands. Disgraceful overreaction.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 165 of 277   

Jump to: