Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, speaking of which:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11802348/Australia-to-allow-controversial-rapid-fire-shotgun-after-political-trade-off.html

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Yesterday I went to move my car in the two hour car park near my work. When I got there I saw there was only one spare space available and there was another car driving around looking for a space. So I rushed over to my car and as I was backing out I was looking to my left at the spare space when the right side of my car crunched into the parked car next to me and did a bit of damage to both cars. So I did the right thing and left my details under the windscreen wiper of the other car, which is going to cost me because it's not worth getting my insurance company to fix their car and I only have third party insurance anyway. So basically I'll be footing the bill for both. But it gets better, I went to the panel beaters this morning and was quoted $480 to get my car fixed. On the way home from the panel beaters I stop at a red light and guy in a van pulls right up behind me. He was sitting right on top of me, so I think bugger this and I move a couple of meters forward and then he goes BANG straight into the back of me and I'm thinking holy hell am I getting attacked here? I sit there for a moment and then get out of my car and the guy was all apologetic etc. Apparently he just wasn't paying attention. So we change details and then I'm back at the panel beaters again twenty minutes after I'd left. WTF?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Ugh I feel your pain! (pretty good effort on the time frame, will u get a discount??)

We got my eldest an updated car for her 21st. In fantastic condition. Some guy ran into the side of it in the car park at high point, his insurance paid, but I had to let her take my prescious EOS to the boyfriends for the weekend. That was about 3 months ago. Junior borrowed it a month ago and ran up someone's arse (was always going to happen, she has learnt to slow don a bit earlier now, shame it wasn't In her own car though). Luckily not to much damage, other car $1400 sisters car $350 just the bumper, no charge for labour we will change it over. Since she had given her name we could use my excess cost so it would have been $1600 excess so she just paid the bill. I said to the oldest at her bf 21st on Sunday, your bumper is paintedI'll pick it up Thursday night (driving home as I type) she says 'oh someone backed into it yesterday we think it was the guy across the road" no of course it didn't touch the already smashed bumper. Was a ute, so it has gouged the previously perfect bonnet! I got some excess paint from our spray painted mate, when we picked up the bumper.

That's three so hopefully that's it.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Bloody cars are more trouble than they're worth sometimes.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 pm

I'm amazed that this happens in 2015! Shocked

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/two-indian-sisters-raped-punishment-6335954

Quote:
Two sisters have been sentenced to be raped as punishment after their brother ran off with a married woman.

An unelected all-male village council in India also ordered that 23-year-old Meenakshi Kumari and her 15-year-old sister are paraded naked with blackened faces.

The horrific order was revealed by Amnesty International which said the sisters and their family have fled their village in the Baghpat district, just outside of Delhi.

According to news site Zee Media, the sisters' brother Ravi fell in love with a girl from the Jat caste, a higher social caste than Ravi and his family, who are Dalit, once known as the 'untouchables', who are at the bottom of India's caste system.

The Jat woman's family married her off to someone else in February but she later escaped and eloped with Ravi in March.

As punishment, on July 31 a village council decided Ravi's sisters should be raped to avenge his actions.

Since the family fled their village their home has been ransacked.

Sumit Kumar, another brother of Meenakshi, told Amnesty that members of the Jat caste were powerful members of the village council, saying: "The Jat decision is final."

His family fears for their lives if they return. Meenakshi has filed a petition with India's Supreme Court asking for protection.

Meanwhile her father has also lodged a complaint with two national bodies saying he has been harassed by the family of the Jat woman and by police.

They are also worried about the safety of the Jat woman, who is believed to be pregnant with Ravi's child.

Amnesty International has launched a petition calling on India's authorities intervene immediately and protect the two sisters.

In an appeal, Amnesty said: "Unelected village councils such as this are widespread in parts of India.

"More often than not they are made up of older men from dominant castes, who prescribe rules for social behaviour and interaction in villages.

"Nothing could justify this abhorrent punishment. It's not fair. It's not right. And it's against the law."

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 pm

^

That is seriously farked.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

http://www.essentialvision.com.au/too-soft-or-too-tough-on-asylum-seekers-6

Quote:
27% think the Government is too soft on asylum seekers, 22% think they are too tough and 34% think they are taking the right approach.

Too soft? What on earth do they want us to do? Torpedo their ships?

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Greg Fleet shares quite a tale about his ice use in this extract from his new book "These Things Happen": http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/the-iceman-cometh-an-extract-from-these-things-happen-by-greg-fleet/story-fneuzlbd-1227494947900
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:32 pm

So apparently there is at least 3 all female AC DC tribute bands.

AD-D she
ThundHERstruck and
Hells Belles.

Not bade either Shocked Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

There sure is.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 pm

David wrote:

Quote:
27% think the Government is too soft on asylum seekers, 22% think they are too tough and 34% think they are taking the right approach.

There'll be a few psychopaths who really do want that, I guess - but mostly, i suspect it'll be people making the point that anyone who has made it all the way to Australia has passed through many other countries en route and ipso facto is not really an asylum seeker, but rather an illegal immigrant to be returned. There are arguments against that view, I suppose, but it's a pretty rational position for an Australian citizen to take.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

That is seriously farked.

Yes, you always wonder whether stories like that could possibly be true, or is there more to it ? Perhaps it is just the logic of a culture that regards individuals as elements of the family/community of which they are a part, rather than as creatures in their own right. Funny thing, culture.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:24 pm

David wrote:

Quote:

And the 17% can't count
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Are they exactly the same?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:30 pm

I think it's about time the tone was lowered a bit:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_indiscreet_art_of_ass_puppetry

(Warning: link contains bottoms)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 132 of 277   

Jump to: