Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Must've been an attractive Pony.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:41 am

Luckily he didn't use a whip. Shocked
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
A sensible result.

WTAF.

This pervert should now be "serviced" by a donkey in return.

How can you call that sensible? The ^&*^*% should be $£$%^%%$ castrated.

So your saying it's acceptable to rape animals?

What $£$%^%%$ world do you want to live in?

A world of fairness and common sense, in which punishment should reflect the severity of the crime. For all the bizarreness of this guy's behaviour, this is a pretty mild form of animal cruelty, if even that at all (it would be different if his 'victim' were, say, a chicken or a cat).

The court was right to identify this as a mental health issue first and foremost and focus on offering support services to the perpetrator.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Nope over this my brain hurts excuse

He's a pathetic shit head that is old enough to know that having sexwith animals is wrong. The worst mental health issue these days is selfishness, and thinking you some how have rights over other beings, be they animals or people.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:14 pm

If you didn't have rights over animals, then your decision to eat meat would essentially constitute funding and benefiting from murder. The only reason it isn't murder is that, under our current laws—and, apparently, your belief system—animals are inferior to humans and therefore deserve fewer rights.

Explain to me how you don't believe that.

If you really cared about animal rights in this case, wouldn't you be far more outraged about the fate of animals that get slaughtered because we're hungry and can't be bothered eating a vegieburger, as opposed to some pony that probably didn't even care about what was happening and has already forgotten about it? I suspect you're more outraged about the idea of some guy having perverted desires and acting upon them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:33 pm

was going to make the comparison of a woman being raped or murdered. but then i remembered you dont even want convicted proven pedophiles in jail, cos they are just sick, so i guess a woman should "just get over it".

and i can assure you now, i would never knowingly eat a pony.

as for if i really care, well you can judge me how you want. ill judge myself. the more i find out about the way people treat animals in all walks of life, the more i just want to drop off the part of the planet inhabited by homo-sapiens.

yes i eat meat, though not as much as i used too. and i try to buy cruelty free packaged, no matter the cost. and no i dont believe for a minute they are fully cruelty free. i cant stop cows being bred for meat, or pigs, or sheep. it will never happen. but i can campaign for better lives for them whilst they live, and a better death for them.i can protest against them being killed with a blunt knife, or a sledgehammer. i can campaign for cage free eggs, which i do endlessly, im even reducing the milk we drink in this house, swapping it for almond milk, coconut milk. but i alone will never save all the potty calves. i could go on but its brick wall time, you, not me are the one that sees them as a lesser being.

as for that pony, you are so $£$%^%%$ wrong you have no idea. have you never had a pet? they remember. they can hold a fear of something for as long as they live, just like people can. what happened was rape. an abuse of power. plain and simple.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:24 pm

You can't equate it to the rape of a human being because animals aren't cognitively capable of understanding the vagaries of sexual consent. The trauma that a typical human victim would experience is pretty unlikely to occur to an animal that has been non-violently/forcefully raped. Have you seen the way animals mate? In some species (ducks, for instance) it more or less is rape more often than not, and I don't know any animals that buy their partner a nice meal first.

I completely agree that animals (to varying degrees) have memories of traumatic events, like being beaten by their owner, attacked by a predator or, in some cases, sexually assaulted. But I've always said that I oppose animal cruelty. If the pony had been seriously harmed in this case I suspect the court would have treated it differently; given the size and strength of horses, I doubt the animal would have put up with it for a minute if they had been distressed or upset.

Let me pose this hypothetical to you: if a vet and animal psychologist could determine that no harm had been caused, would you still want this guy jailed/castrated/put in the stocks? For me, there's enough harm being caused in the world right now to deal with to worry about something as ambiguous as this, particularly when things that are 10x worse are happening to animals in even the 'cruelty-free' industries that you (and I) support, let alone the rest of the mainstream meat industry that most Australians subsidise.

(Also, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I've never said that I don't want "convicted proven paedophiles" in jail. That's a complete misrepresentation and you should apologise for it.)

Last edited by David on Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:27 pm

On a lighter note, I wonder if this guy is a 'brony'? Surprised

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Yep I'd still want him in jail. That's like saying a pedophiles priest did no harm if the kid was gay and enjoyed it. He was still taken advantage of.

I'm just over people thinking they have more rights than other people, other species, just because they feel like it.

I'm sorry for offending you,

But don't let me catch you sympathising with an offender!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Well, you will catch me doing so, because I have often sympathised with criminals and certainly have no intention of ceasing to. There's a huge difference between sympathising with the perpetrator of a crime and minimising their actions (or arguing for leniency). I sympathise with Adrian Bayley, but I'm glad that he was locked up and hope that he never gets released.

As for the priest, he did do harm if the victim looks back on the incident in later life and feels distress over the fact of being taken advantage of. Or, if it negatively impacts the victim's psyche or development in ways that he isn't immediately aware of. This is still fundamentally different to the pony because a) I can't see how that kind of future realisation of harm is possible in a horse; and b) a horse is in no way equivalent to a human being under law.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:32 pm

David wrote:
Well, you will catch me doing so, because I have often sympathised with criminals and certainly have no intention of ceasing to. There's a huge difference between sympathising with the perpetrator of a crime and minimising their actions (or arguing for leniency). I sympathise with Adrian Bayley, but I'm glad that he was locked up and hope that he never gets released.

As for the priest, he did do harm if the victim looks back on the incident in later life and feels distress over the fact of being taken advantage of. Or, if it negatively impacts the victim's psyche or development in ways that he isn't immediately aware of. This is still fundamentally different to the pony because a) I can't see how that kind of future realisation of harm is possible in a horse; and b) a horse is in no way equivalent to a human being under law.

yeah i dont get that!!

i really hope there is a heaven, and a rainbow bridge, first thing i want to see, is Clydes roman nose looking for licorice!! cheers

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Really to Ginuwine's 1996 hit??? a bit too seriously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:10 pm

In reality a horse being penetrated by a human is far less invasive than being shagged by another horse.

It probably wondered what the hell the guy was doing but I doubt it caused it any pain.

Ah Nick's the place one comes to discuss the ethics of animal rooting.

LOL.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 pm

^

Unless the guy was genetically gifted it's likely the horse didn't even notice what he was doing. hardly on the same plane as drilling fido or puss.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 pm

swoop42 wrote:
In reality a horse being penetrated by a human is far less invasive than being shagged by another horse.

It probably wondered what the hell the guy was doing but I doubt it caused it any pain.

Ah Nick's the place one comes to discuss the ethics of animal rooting.

LOL.

So this guy can get away with it but John Longmire or Stui would be jailed?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 117 of 277   

Jump to: