Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The article starts off by implying that it was the t-shirt that got him arrested (and the "tweets"—god knows why they're now considered newsworthy—suggest that readers got that impression), but then there are references to heckling and altercations, so… I dunno. I know Queensland police have a bad reputation, but would they really arrest a guy just for wearing a t-shirt and standing next to people?

I suspect a beat-up.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:59 pm

OK,

a PC on a stick. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html

Wow. Shocked

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:42 am

A night out in Melbourne town.
Hey mate, that's my chair you're sitting on.........oops
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/10/darts-match-melbourne-brawling-fans
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 am

Watching TV after each Islamist attack and hearing politicians of all stripes mouthing the pathetic words that these attacks have nothing to do with Islam or that Islam is a religion of peace. WTF?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Watching TV after each Islamist attack and hearing politicians of all stripes mouthing the pathetic words that these attacks have nothing to do with Islam or that Islam is a religion of peace. WTF?

I have to completely agree Nick. We certainly need to highlight Islam and some Muslims interpretation of their religious writings as source for many of these attacks. At the same time we need to look after the interests of those Muslims who have no issue with other people following other beliefs and lifestyles and are just wanting a free and peaceful coexistence. This last group also need to condemn and get distance from these jihadists and gain respect and acceptance from the rest of the community. What we don't want to see is all Muslims alienated so that it becomes an issue of us and them. "Them" has to be limited to the extreme elements as much as possible.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:44 pm

That was not very polite.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 am

Is it just me or does this all sound a tad suss.
In a bar with a mate, we pay the bill, my mate goes and now I'm slipped a dodgy drink, am kidnapped, robbed, bashed, put into the boot of a car, driven 10km away, dumped in a park, hassled by homeless people and finally a passer by rescues me and pays for a cab back to my hotel.......Phew.
Hmmmm what a story!
Maybe I've just got a suspicious nature.
http://theage.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-kidnapped-robbed-beaten-in-hawaii-20150118-12snc1.html
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:25 am

^ Was he robbed? Did they take anything? He seems a pretty clean cut guy, I can't imagine any other motive. Hope he's ok, not an ordeal you'd soon get over. Weird
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 am

Why the kidnapping? Surely drugging him and taking his wallet is all a petty crim is going to do. Seems a bit odd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am

Something happened when he went to the Toilet I'd suggest, and his mate what happened to his "buddy" why didn't he raise the alarm?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Richest 1% will own more that the other 99% by next year!

http://www.theage.com.au/world/worlds-richest-one-per-cent-to-own-more-than-the-rest-oxfam-20150119-12tffw.html

Quote:
The world's richest 1 per cent will own more than the other 99 per cent by next year, Oxfam has warned.

The charity has highlighted growing inequality ahead of the World Economic Forum in Davos this week.

A research paper suggests the wealthiest 1 per cent have seen their share of global assets rise from 44 per cent in 2009 to 48 per cent last year - with an average worth of $2.92 million each. The figure is on track to exceed 50 per cent this year.

Below the richest fifth, 80 per cent of the world's population own just 5.5 per cent of wealth - an average of $4166 each.

"The scale of global inequality is quite simply staggering," Oxfam executive director Winnie Byanyima said.

"And despite the issues shooting up the global agenda, the gap between the richest and the rest is widening fast."

Byanyima, who is to co-chair at the Davos World Economic Forum this week, urged leaders to take on "vested interests that stand in the way of a fairer and more prosperous world".

Oxfam has called upon states to tackle tax evasion, improve public services, tax capital rather than labour, and introduce living minimum wages, among other measures, in a bid to ensure a more equitable distribution of wealth.

The 45th World Economic Forum, which starts on Wednesday, will draw a record number of participants this year with more than 300 heads of state and government attending.

Rising inequality will be competing with other global crises including terrorist threats in Europe, the worst post-Cold War stand-off between Russia and the West and renewed fears of financial turmoil.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:01 pm

sixpoints wrote:
Is it just me or does this all sound a tad suss.
In a bar with a mate, we pay the bill, my mate goes and now I'm slipped a dodgy drink, am kidnapped, robbed, bashed, put into the boot of a car, driven 10km away, dumped in a park, hassled by homeless people and finally a passer by rescues me and pays for a cab back to my hotel.......Phew.
Hmmmm what a story!
Maybe I've just got a suspicious nature.
http://theage.com.au/sport/golf/robert-allenby-kidnapped-robbed-beaten-in-hawaii-20150118-12snc1.html

Now the Homeless woman talks contradicting Allenby.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/01/19/18/07/homeless-woman-gives-account-of-allenby-abduction

Quote:
A homeless woman who has spoken to police about the robbery of Australian golfer Robert Allenby has said he was just one block from a wine bar as he tried to pay off two men to get his belongings back.

The Hawaiian woman told 9NEWS Allenby offered $500 to get his belongings back, but the men became aggressive and Allenby was put into a taxi by a passerby.

It conflicts with the account given by Allenby earlier in the day, when he said he was stuffed in a car boot and dumped in a park 10km away.

Honolulu Police has also confirmed it has obtained CCTV footage of one of the suspects buying alcohol with one of the stolen credit cards.

Today, champion sportsman bore the physical scars as he told 9NEWS he has no memory of the moment he was abducted.

The 43-year-old pro golfer said he left his friend to go to the bathroom as the Amuse wine bar in Waikiki was closing.

When he emerged a group of people he didn't know told him his friend was waiting for him downstairs in the car park

He caught the lift down and when he emerged, he claims he was brutally bashed before being robbed and stuffed in a car boot.

He doesn't know who did it, he doesn't know why - he doesn't even know how he was attacked

Allenby has no doubt it was a targeted attack.

"(There was) a lot of talk about - hey there's a famous golfer," he said.

He has been back to the bar with police to review security footage but claims he does not recognise the men he is pictured with.

He admits he had also been to the same bar the night before the attack,the first day of the Sony International.

Allenby claims he was thrown from the car and dumped head first in a park some ten kilometres away, but his ordeal wasn't over yet .

He claimed two homeless men started kicking him to see if he was alive and steal whatever he had left.

Allenby didn't go to the police straight away instead returning to the hotel with the help of a former soldier.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:31 am

1061 wrote:
Richest 1% will own more that the other 99% by next year!

http://www.theage.com.au/world/worlds-richest-one-per-cent-to-own-more-than-the-rest-oxfam-20150119-12tffw.html

Quote:
The world's richest 1 per cent will own more than the other 99 per cent by next year, Oxfam has warned.

The charity has highlighted growing inequality ahead of the World Economic Forum in Davos this week.

A research paper suggests the wealthiest 1 per cent have seen their share of global assets rise from 44 per cent in 2009 to 48 per cent last year - with an average worth of $2.92 million each. The figure is on track to exceed 50 per cent this year.

Below the richest fifth, 80 per cent of the world's population own just 5.5 per cent of wealth - an average of $4166 each.

"The scale of global inequality is quite simply staggering," Oxfam executive director Winnie Byanyima said.

"And despite the issues shooting up the global agenda, the gap between the richest and the rest is widening fast."

Byanyima, who is to co-chair at the Davos World Economic Forum this week, urged leaders to take on "vested interests that stand in the way of a fairer and more prosperous world".

Oxfam has called upon states to tackle tax evasion, improve public services, tax capital rather than labour, and introduce living minimum wages, among other measures, in a bid to ensure a more equitable distribution of wealth.

The 45th World Economic Forum, which starts on Wednesday, will draw a record number of participants this year with more than 300 heads of state and government attending.

Rising inequality will be competing with other global crises including terrorist threats in Europe, the worst post-Cold War stand-off between Russia and the West and renewed fears of financial turmoil.

If true, and a lot could depend on the way the figures are done, then that is pretty staggeringly bad. Interstingly, Obama has just announced an attempt to reform the US CGT system, which is long overdue. No doubt he'll struggle to get it past the Republican pirahnas in the Reps.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:54 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

I have to completely agree Nick. We certainly need to highlight Islam and some Muslims interpretation of their religious writings as source for many of these attacks. At the same time we need to look after the interests of those Muslims who have no issue with other people following other beliefs and lifestyles and are just wanting a free and peaceful coexistence. This last group also need to condemn and get distance from these jihadists and gain respect and acceptance from the rest of the community. What we don't want to see is all Muslims alienated so that it becomes an issue of us and them. "Them" has to be limited to the extreme elements as much as possible.

Wonderful posting. Exactly right both of you. Its all well and good saying that you are a "peaceful Muslim" but they need to challenge and confront those who give these peaceful Muslims and Islam a bad name.

It is just like what I TRY to do at Nick's by confronting and challenging these so called Collingwood posters who give Buck's, Collingwood etc a bad name by constantly criticising the club... Evil or Very Mad Not going to take crap from bloody idiots.

For peaceful Muslims to be doing nothing is to fire up the commonly held perception that they actually deep down support these bloody fanatical terrorists. Challenge and confront the Muslim bastards who give them a bad name. Organise a huge Muslim rally against these Muslim terrorists.
Constantly write letters to the editor condemning these terrorist Muslim bastards. Mad
DO something instead of merely talking about how bloody peaceful they really are... Idea

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:42 pm

having a look at property prices on the web, did a search on what was available in Victoria for under $50k.

Interesting for that price I could buy a bathing box somewhere or 28 acres of scrub (I wouldn't call it bush based on the photos) not far from Ballarat.

The second is actually tempting. Reckon I could knock up a liveable log cabin up there.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 103 of 277   

Jump to: