Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah me too.
- and her grand daughter by the looks of it.

I really hope they all go on to happy, healthy lives, cheers

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 pm

It's all good. I'm glad we agree, MR Impatient it's been 3 working days and there's 3 days til christmas.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I get the reference to the white girl and the black guy now, I heard the interview with that Charles Ramsay bloke and got it in context.

That guy is dead set brilliant. Any more laid back you'd be checking his pulse and he just says it how it was.

Whatever good stuff happens to those girls now, they've earned in spades and will never be enough to compensate them for what they've been through and what they've lost.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm

think positive wrote:
These are people, you know, with feelings. Just because they are Americans, doesn't make them inhuman. Just like those poor little Indian girls....

Huh?

Just my opinion but I reckon the yanks (and more and more us) seem much more inclined to want to tell their story rather than be left alone - how does that = they are inhuman Confused

And there will be a massive queue of people trying to cash in ( just like the mags and TV do increasingly here) - some legit with their best interests at heart and others who will as I said think " there is cash to be made here" - that is just reality!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
Great news, better than finding bodies.....

They must be strong to have lasted so long, hopefully they are left alone to recover in peace

^ septics - could be wrong but reckon they are unlikely to be wanting to be left alone Wink

Must be cash to be made here surely Razz

well I apologize if I read this wrong Morrigu, but it certainly seems to me like a swipe at the girls character.

as if just because they are American they will see it as an opportunity to cash in. maybe it was the septic comment.

ive seen a couple of interviews with Elizabeth Smart, and Jaycee lee Dugaard, both Americans, and both have handled themselves with just an amazing dignity. I hardly think they will be posing for playboy anytime soon.

yes both have written books, fair enough they tell their own story, rather than the lies/embelishments published by others?

lets not forget these girls have had their teen years/early adulthood stolen from them, one mother died not knowing her daughter was still alive, and I just cannot even start to comprehend the fear, pain, absolute terror of what they have surely endured.

they have done nothing wrong, no one should judge them

and indeed past victims are trying to help others

http://elizabethsmartfoundation.org/

I think of my own daughters, and pray nothing like this ever happens to them, I just cannot imagine the torment of those parents...

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Fair enough TP - probably sounds flippant in retrospect

I don't like em (yanks) but even I wouldn't even dream of suggesting that these poor women are to blame in any way or looking to cash in - BUT I stand by my opinion that they will want to tell their story (as it seems is the way these days) and that plently of others will be looking to cash in for sure!

I don't know who those women you talk of are - never heard of em I'm afraid but I will try to stop using the term septics as it seems to offend.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Morrigu wrote:

I don't like em (yanks) but even I wouldn't even dream of suggesting that these poor women are to blame in any way or looking to cash in - BUT I stand by my opinion that they will want to tell their story (as it seems is the way these days) and that plently of others will be looking to cash in for sure!

I don't know who those women you talk of are - never heard of em I'm afraid but I will try to stop using the term septics as it seems to offend.

Whether they actually want to or not, the fact is as soon as possible there'll be agents banging down the door to get there signature for an exclusive interview, book deal, movie rights etc. They won't have to go looking for it, it will be after them big time, and with big dollars attached. Good luck to them if/when they do cash in, they deserve it as I said above.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Wink

Cheers

Elizabeth smart was kidnapped and found after 9 months, she was forced to live in forest camps. and Jaycee was missing for 18 years, kidnapped at 11, forced to have her first child at 14, she's has 2 girls. She was found in 2009. She had been living all that time in makeshift tents in the back yard of a house, kept terrified and captive by a man and his wife.

Both are just determined to live full lives of joy. They truly are amazing women.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:32 pm

This story is astonishing on so many levels.

Firstly what kind of person or people are capable of not only kidnapping someone but keeping them captive for a decade.

That's a special kind of evil.

How not one but 3 girls can be held prisoner in a suburban house only a stones throw from the neighbours and no one knows.

Hard to believe the 3 men involved didn't have extended family or friends ever inside there house during this time?

Finally while it's not yet clear what conditions the girls were kept in from day to day, week to week, year to year I do find it quite staggering that none ever had or took the opportunity to escape from there captures over the decade.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm

sixpoints wrote:
TV news, internet, newspapers, magazines, TV talk show, book, film.
In that order.

I think the biggest problem with the (probably near inevitable) process described above is that their pain is going to be exploited solely so that these media companies have a good shock horror story to make money out of. They may or may not be willing participants in that — and you can bet that they'll be hounded even if they say no — but it's always going to be less about their own healing than the TV networks making some cash. I just hope it's not the women themselves who end up being exploited.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Firstly what kind of person or people are capable of not only kidnapping someone but keeping them captive for a decade.

How not one but 3 girls can be held prisoner in a suburban house only a stones throw from the neighbours and no one knows.

Hard to believe the 3 men involved didn't have extended family or friends ever inside there house during this time?

Finally while it's not yet clear what conditions the girls were kept in from day to day, week to week, year to year I do find it quite staggering that none ever had or took the opportunity to escape from there captures over the decade.

The bloke who owned the house, his son visited him 2 weeks ago. he was stunned when he found out, the kid wrote a piece in uni about the kidnappings never realising his father was involved. He said that his dad had the garage, basement and attic padlocked and NO ONE was allowed in them.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:26 pm

You seem like a category C client.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

The bloke who owned the house, his son visited him 2 weeks ago. he was stunned when he found out, the kid wrote a piece in uni about the kidnappings never realising his father was involved. He said that his dad had the garage, basement and attic padlocked and NO ONE was allowed in them.

Yeah that's normal. Shocked Mad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Yep, pretty crazy. It's difficult to comprehend — perhaps they kept them for so long for fear of being captured should any of the women ever escape. Something pretty 'Josef Fritzl' about the whole thing; actually, I'm not sure if this isn't weirder.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 am

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

That's crazy, how would the son feel realising his father and his uncles were responsible for these despicable crimes.

It has shocking similarities to the Fritzl case in Austria, but arguably the Frtizl case is worse because it went on for 24 years and he fathered seven children with his daughter.

Either way, these crimes deserve a severe punishment. I can't imagine the psychological effects that the victims will endure after finally escaping.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 2 of 277   

Jump to: