Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Yup!

Mostly now certain posters, if it's longer than a couple of paragraphs, I glance over, cos I don't have trouble sleeping

That's the problem with you teenagers, concentration span of a soundbite.

Many folk use different things to get to sleep but that's another matter. Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
OMFG!

what a load of claptrap

what the hell has made you so bitter?

You sure it's not you being bitter about PTID & trying to shame him by asking that loaded question?

Why not point out where you disagree with what he has said?

Nah, pretty sure TP thinks he posts claptrap.

FWIW I agree which is why i generally no longer read them.

As I said earlier, that's the problem with you teenagers, you've been conditioned by the current obsession with soundbites. I could tell your age through your "choice" avatar Razz Rolling Eyes Wink Now I know why you like the Mad Misogynist Monk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLK9ug6MB4

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
OMFG!

what a load of claptrap

You sure it's not you being bitter about PTID & trying to shame him by asking that loaded question?

If that was the case it would have ended with that sentence. My concern lay with TP's next sentence.

FWIW I like reading PTID's contributions to discussion & debate. It's challenging & I don't always agree with it.

I do love his signature though. Gotta love it. Wink Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
OMFG!

what a load of claptrap

FWIW I agree which is why i generally no longer read them.

As I said earlier, that's the problem with you teenagers, you've been conditioned by the current obsession with soundbites. I could tell your age through your "choice" avatar Razz Rolling Eyes Wink Now I know why you like the Mad Misogynist Monk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLK9ug6MB4

So you buy the Herald Sun every day?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Why waking up in a morgue isnt quite as unusual as youd think

In Poland, a 91-year-old woman has shocked her family and the public at large by waking up in a morgue after being refrigerated having been declared dead. Despite 11 hours of cold storage, Janina Kolkiewicz was discovered to be alive and well after mortuary staff detected movements in her body bag.

the unfortunate Polish woman was able to wake up after 11 hours in this hibernation state with no severe physical damage and nothing but a craving for hot tea and pancakes.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/waking-morgue-death-janina-kolkiewicz

I'd be wanting something more than hot tea me thinks Shocked

London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Good tea is hard to get in Eastern Europe... they prefer the herbal stuff!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:19 pm

bend over Black Adder, we have a copper enema coming your way. Shocked

http://rare.us/story/this-is-the-last-bullet-youll-ever-need-watch-and-see-the-technology-for-yourself/

I'd be interested to compare the damage from their shotgun round to what a mate and I invented back in the 80's with standard shotgun rounds and a strategically placed slice,
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
bend over Black Adder, we have a copper enema coming your way. Shocked

http://rare.us/story/this-is-the-last-bullet-youll-ever-need-watch-and-see-the-technology-for-yourself/

I'd be interested to compare the damage from their shotgun round to what a mate and I invented back in the 80's with standard shotgun rounds and a strategically placed slice,

Lead free too, that's fantastic, wouldn't want lead poisoning.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Quote:
MEN have given birth to 54 babies in Australia over the past year according to official Medicare statistics which now allow patients to nominate their own gender.

Ok. Shocked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pregnant-men-new-statistics-reveal-men-have-given-birth-to-54-babies-in-australia/story-fnii5s3y-1227124085631?sv=9fc8dd8a0e17b05ab1df96eab366a6a1

Quote:
The men involved are likely to be people who were born female or with female sex organs who identified as male, or commenced gender reassignment surgery, but retained the physical capability to give birth.

The department is aware of cases of persons identifying themselves as male having pregnancy related treatment which can be claimed under Medicare. Previously these items could not be paid to male patients, a health department spokeswoman said.

Fairy Nuff, good luck to them
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Perverted Penguins. Shocked

Quote:
It was the sight of a young male Adlie penguin attempting to have sex with a dead female that particularly unnerved George Murray Levick, a scientist with the 1910-13 Scott Antarctic Expedition. No such observation had ever been recorded before, as far as he knew, and Levick, a typical Edwardian Englishman, was horrified. Blizzards and freezing cold were one thing. Penguin perversion was another.

Worse was to come, however. Levick spent the Antarctic summer of 1911-12 observing the colony of Adlies at Cape Adare, making him the only scientist to this day to have studied an entire breeding cycle there. During that time, he witnessed males having sex with other males and also with dead females, including several that had died the previous year. He also saw them sexually coerce females and chicks and occasionally kill them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/09/sex-depravity-penguins-scott-antarctic

Basically, seems like these guys date selection criteria is "you have an aperture that isn't made of ice"

However, pay back is a bitch.

Fur seals have been known to kill and eat penguins. Apparently sometimes they decide to root them first.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141117-why-seals-have-sex-with-penguins?ocid=fbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0evs5MRtD8
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 pm

There's a whole fascinating field of research into sexual coercion in the animal kingdom, but it's not very popular for some reason...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/220535.A_Natural_History_of_Rape#other_reviews

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:11 pm

David wrote:
There's a whole fascinating field of research into sexual coercion in the animal kingdom, but it's not very popular for some reason...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/220535.A_Natural_History_of_Rape#other_reviews

If homosexuality is 'natural' because animals do it, then rape is 'natural' too. That's why people don't like it, because uncomfortable ideas aren't critiqued, discussed etc anymore, they're shouted down and shamed.

To think that the sexual behaviour of non sentient species should have any bearing on humans is ridiculous (in either the positive or negative sense). Why can't these idiots just study something dispassionately without projecting their own political bullshit on it. A male giraffe that courts and mates with another one is no more or less important than a seal raping a penguin. Laughing

*Edit*

Posted without checking your link, thought you were referring to another contempary article I saw about rape in nature.

In regards to rape as evolutionary biology then I am even more astounded that people can't see that in humans, as in many species, that forced sexual intercourse leading to procreation was a successful mating strategy at various times in history and those who are predisposed to this mating strategy would pass those genetics on to their offspring.

Argue the science, not the 'feelings'. Rape is not born from a culture of misogyny, in fact the rapist (even the accused rapist) is one of the most reviled figures in society and the criminal most likely to be punished by vigilantes or violently attacked in custody.

Last edited by Wokko on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Oops. Too much data.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:00 pm

yeah well humans are supposed to be a little more evolved
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:08 pm

think positive wrote:
yeah well humans are supposed to be a little more evolved

That's the point. Homo Sapiens evolved rape as an effective breeding strategy in times and places that were lacking any kind of 'civilization' or during periods of war and invasions. Even the West had this happen in Germany 1945 when Russian soldiers raped their way across Eastern Germany.

Evolution is a strange beast, traits are selected based on the effectiveness of those traits in allowing a creature to pass on its genes to the next generation, not traits that are necessarily the 'best' available. This conclusion isn't the issue though, humans have also 'evolved' into effective killers of each other, again because the killer would live to breed and the passive 'victim' would die and not pass on his passive genes. We however, as a sentient species have the ability to resist these genetic evolutionary urges and live in a peaceful society. The problem is when people can't or wont resist their base natures and when this happens we lock those people away.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 97 of 277   

Jump to: