Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
They should crush her inside her car.

Dumb bitch

EFA Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Dead
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

You may be wondering if this is a person or a computer responding.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Dickhead
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:24 am

just saw one of these on face book!! OMG - that's my God not theirs, I aint touching theirs with a 10 foot pole - your pole at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3Eam5FX58

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:40 am

First link sounds like the kind of instructions given for disciplining children by some more old-fashioned types here ("don't leave a mark, don't do it angrily", etc.). Many, including a certain poster here I've forgotten the name of (Wink), have often advocated for children to be spanked more when they are young.

What's worse, smacking a small child or a fully-grown adult?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm no apologist for the misogyny and enforced female subservience propagated in many Islamic countries. I would fight vigorously against any such things being permitted here. But few things piss me off more than 'civilised' Westerners failing to see the plank in their own eye when vigorously pointing out the mote in a more backward culture's.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:54 am

Please feel free to name me, but I'll add I said smack, not beat.

If your leaving a bruise your definately hitting to hard. Yeah, I've left a light handprint on my kids legs when they were little. And they never chased a ball onto a road again. Please note, this had been previously explained to them in great detail to no avail .

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:23 pm

David wrote:

Please don't get me wrong: I'm no apologist for the misogyny and enforced female subservience propagated in many Islamic countries. I would fight vigorously against any such things being permitted here. But few things piss me off more than 'civilised' Westerners failing to see the plank in their own eye when vigorously pointing out the mote in a more backward culture's.

Lets remember this next time we look at sending aid to a Muslim country, we'll wait until we fix all the issues in our backyard first!

Your false outrage about our own societies ills are wearing thin.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

think positive wrote:

If your leaving a bruise your definately hitting to hard. Yeah, I've left a light handprint on my kids legs when they were little. And they never chased a ball onto a road again. Please note, this had been previously explained to them in great detail to no avail .

As Lola said to me, the main issue here is that women are treated like children in more conservative Islamic areas. Beyond that, if you replace the word 'woman' in the video with 'child', you could be looking at any conservative Christian advice forum in Australia talking about how not to 'spare the rod'. As someone who was not spared the rod (sometimes literally) as a child, I know a little about this.

In regard to the word 'beat', keep in mind that this is a subtitled translation. It seems to me that they could equally have translated the word to 'smack' or 'spank'. We're not talking punching women, we're talking whipping them with a small switch. I was not so lucky; for a few years, I got a full-length bamboo stick. That still happens here in Australia (and let's not forget that full-on domestic violence against women and children, though not advocated for on national TV, is unfortunately still quite prevalent here).

The way women are treated in many (not all) Islamic societies is a real problem, and this kind of infantilisation is a key part of that. Women are considered mentally and rationally inferior to men, and barred from many institutions as a result, just as they were here and in other English-speaking countries from between 50-150 years ago. Men were practically given carte blanche here to do as they pleased to their wives here, too. I hope like you do that more conservative Islamic cultures will go through a similar evolution and women will eventually be able to claim equal rights. In the meantime, using this video to suggest that Muslims are all evil and shouldn't be let into the country is really short-sighted.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:38 pm

The conjoined twins that ACA and Womans Day are exploiting or is it the parents are exploiting I'm torn and just not sure how I feel about this.
So WTF?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

As Lola said to me, the main issue here is that women are treated like children in more conservative Islamic areas. Beyond that, if you replace the word 'woman' in the video with 'child', you could be looking at any conservative Christian advice forum in Australia talking about how not to 'spare the rod'. As someone who was not spared the rod (sometimes literally) as a child, I know a little about this.

In regard to the word 'beat', keep in mind that this is a subtitled translation. It seems to me that they could equally have translated the word to 'smack' or 'spank'. We're not talking punching women, we're talking whipping them with a small switch. I was not so lucky; for a few years, I got a full-length bamboo stick. That still happens here in Australia (and let's not forget that full-on domestic violence against women and children, though not advocated for on national TV, is unfortunately still quite prevalent here).

The way women are treated in many (not all) Islamic societies is a real problem, and this kind of infantilisation is a key part of that. Women are considered mentally and rationally inferior to men, and barred from many institutions as a result, just as they were here and in other English-speaking countries from between 50-150 years ago. Men were practically given carte blanche here to do as they pleased to their wives here, too. I hope like you do that more conservative Islamic cultures will go through a similar evolution and women will eventually be able to claim equal rights. In the meantime, using this video to suggest that Muslims are all evil and shouldn't be let into the country is really short-sighted.

MATE IVE Looked AND LOOKED and I cant see where I said that!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 pm

I don't think it was necessarily you — I was referring to another thread where 1061 and another poster (possibly you?) were saying something to that effect. It was more of a general comment about the way stuff like this is used on social media.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 pm

http://www.livescience.com/43406-iron-man-suit-prototypes.html

Quote:
The first prototypes of a high-tech suit of armor to give soldiers superhuman abilities could be ready to test this summer, according to top military officials. The suits, which have drawn comparisons to the one worn by Marvel Comics superhero "Iron Man," could be delivered to special operations forces as early as June.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:13 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:

MATE IVE Looked AND LOOKED and I cant see where I said that!!

Just wake up to yourself TP.

Please understand that there is little to no difference to giving your kids a tap on the legs when they have been "naughty" compared to the attitudes and activities of a group that view women as a possession, give them no rights and have been know to beat and stone them to death.

Could someone please enlighten me and tell me when a group of Australian Christians stoned a child to death?

http://www.news.com.au/world/pregnant-woman-farzana-parveen-is-stoned-to-death-by-her-own-family-in-pakistan/story-fndir2ev-1226933898074
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Could someone please enlighten me and tell me when a group of Australian Muslims stoned a child to death?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 69 of 277   

Jump to: