Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. Good idea Ronrat. When the assessor gets there today - he didn’t make it last night, seems the storm did a fair whack of damage all the way from Shepperton down, I guess we will know more.
Today junior and I are supposed to do a photography workshop at Melbourne zoo with my younger sister. Not sure if she is coming now, but it’s all paid for, was our Birthday/Christmas present from my sisters. Hopefully She can still make it, we were all really looking forward to it. If we don’t go the money is blown, but hopefully he will understand about her situation if She doesn’t turn up. They don’t have any power or home phone ATM, and their phone batteries were almost kaput, they were charging them in the car. Not sure if the generator connects to the unit, I have no idea how to use one.

There is no point turning up there right now, the pictures I have seen show the entire steel roof flipped over to the side of the house, but still attached, it looks very dangerous. The younger one managed to get in the kitchen and rescue some frozen food (and wine, crackers and cheese apparently!) but the lounge room became a swimming pool and the floor isn’t safe. There is a massive old pig shed on the farm which looks like it would fall over if you blew on it, apparently not one panel was touched! The property is 60 acres, and the shed is away from the house. If necessary we will put a caravan in there, it’s got a toilet and shower. They won’t leave the farm. Not really sure what I can do at this point, sounds as if my older, accountant sister has it under control. I’ll be there when they need me.

Your right Stui, the whole area took a beating. Cheers guys.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 pm

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1017003-pattaya-chinese-tour-guide-dead-after-tourist-enrages-elephant-by-pulling-tail/

The real tragedy is the moron responsible was not killed by the Chang.This in the week when a Burmese dude was filmed poking a tiger with a stick to make it roar for the amusement of Chinese tourists in Thailand.

The Chinese tourists could do with a lesson in manners and commonsense.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:33 pm

So, we've had Anal Bleaching, now apparently penis Whitening is a thing Shocked

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/apparently-penis-whitening-is-now-a-thing-in-thailand/

Maybe just paint em Black?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm

13 children (well, some children some adults) being chained to their beds by their parents. Makes me go WTF AND pisses me off!

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/01/19/06/25/david-and-louise-turpin-face-california-court

The absolute cruelty from these "parents" is sickening. Allowed 1 shower per year. Food put in front of them then eaten by their monstrous parents, they weren't allowed to have any. Have never seen a dentist, don't know what medicine is, most didn't even know what a police officer was!

I blame religion - his mother asked why they had so many children & they'd respond because God wanted them too. Wonder if they were allowed to use contraception if they'd have had so many, or any at all.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Religion doesn't explain the torture and sadistic behaviour; only the large number of children. I hope they're put away for the 90 odd year maximum. To be 29 and have been locked away your whole life like that is sickening.

People like that make me rethink my opposition to the death penalty, total evil.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 pm

I agree. Voting for Trump is what causes this, not religion.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 pm

luvdids wrote:
13 children (well, some children some adults) being chained to their beds by their parents. Makes me go WTF AND pisses me off!

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/01/19/06/25/david-and-louise-turpin-face-california-court

The absolute cruelty from these "parents" is sickening. Allowed 1 shower per year. Food put in front of them then eaten by their monstrous parents, they weren't allowed to have any. Have never seen a dentist, don't know what medicine is, most didn't even know what a police officer was!

I blame religion - his mother asked why they had so many children & they'd respond because God wanted them too. Wonder if they were allowed to use contraception if they'd have had so many, or any at all.

I saw that on the news, along with the comment that the mother seemed shocked when Police arrived, apparently as far as she was concerned they'd done nothing wrong.

There's some farked up people in this world, of all colours, faiths and political persuasions.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:45 pm

luvdids wrote:

The biggest crime here was his hairstyle.

One look at that and I'd know he was a creep.

Seriously though it never ceases to amaze me the depravity humans can inflict on each other.

I couldn't believe how old some of these children were either.

Shows how brainwashed or scared they must have been to not have sought help before now.

Were any of the older children male?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Popped back to add - of course I don't blame religion for the whole sorry saga, only for not permitting contraception.
From whenever this torture started I blame the parents entirely.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:27 pm

swoop42 wrote:
luvdids wrote:

The biggest crime here was his hairstyle.

One look at that and I'd know he was a creep.

Seriously though it never ceases to amaze me the depravity humans can inflict on each other.

I couldn't believe how old some of these children were either.

Shows how brainwashed or scared they must have been to not have sought help before now.

Were any of the older children male?

Yeah, there were 3 boys. All among the older.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 pm

It’s not about evil, and to what extent it’s about religion I expect it’s just a function of the parents’ mental disorders, diagnosed or otherwise. For better or for worse, our society permits even the most troubled and pathological people to care for children, and there is little in the way of oversight over a lifetime of parenting – particularly for those who seek to live off the grid. It’s very easy for parents to feel isolated and unsupported in our atomised societies, and likewise to isolate themselves if they so choose.

Mind you, I’m not saying we need more of a nanny state apparatus looking after families; perhaps the exceptionally rare horror case like this is the trade-off we need to make in order to maintain the family’s autonomy (and certain forms of pluralism, like home-schooling). While I’d welcome useful and specifically targeted policy responses to this, we also have to accept that there are some things that can’t be fixed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

David wrote:
It’s not about evil, and to what extent it’s about religion I expect it’s just a function of the parents’ mental disorders, diagnosed or otherwise. For better or for worse, our society permits even the most troubled and pathological people to care for children, and there is little in the way of oversight over a lifetime of parenting – particularly for those who seek to live off the grid. It’s very easy for parents to feel isolated and unsupported in our atomised societies, and likewise to isolate themselves if they so choose.

Mind you, I’m not saying we need more of a nanny state apparatus looking after families; perhaps the exceptionally rare horror case like this is the trade-off we need to make in order to maintain the family’s autonomy (and certain forms of pluralism, like home-schooling). While I’d welcome useful and specifically targeted policy responses to this, we also have to accept that there are some things that can’t be fixed.

Unless, of course, you accept that religious belief should be in the DSM V, along with other personality disorders, delusional states and manias.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/how-do-you-distinguish-between-religious-fervor-and-mental-illness/
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Absolutely we don't need more nanny state bullshit. There will always be outliers no matter what you do, making laws and rules for them just messes with the 99% of people trying to do the right thing.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Absolutely we don't need more nanny state bullshit. There will always be outliers no matter what you do, making laws and rules for them just messes with the 99% of people trying to do the right thing.

New avatar I see.

Almost there.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm

LOL!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 240 of 277   

Jump to: