Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That should keep you busy.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

So the ATO is putting Squat Toilets in it's new building.

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2016/08/09/australian-taxation-office-introduces-squat-toilets-cater-diverse-workforce

Pauline Hanson has called for a Please Explain and while I don't necessarily agree with her language, I tend to agree with the premise.

The reasoning apparently is that 20% of the ATO workforce is from a non-english speaking background. That's nice, how many of that 20% actually grew up in a country that used a squat toilet? I'm tipping it's a much smaller number of total staff.

Stupid fkn decision for mine. Most office buildings have barely enough dunny's as it is, making some of them squatters to pander to a small minority who would most likely have western style dunnies in their home anyway is ridiculous and an OH&S hazard waiting to happen.

If people are too dumb to figure out how to use a western style toilet, I really don't want them playing with my tax information.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2016/08/09/australian-taxation-office-introduces-squat-toilets-cater-diverse-workforce

Pauline Hanson has called for a Please Explain and while I don't necessarily agree with her language, I tend to agree with the premise.

The reasoning apparently is that 20% of the ATO workforce is from a non-english speaking background. That's nice, how many of that 20% actually grew up in a country that used a squat toilet? I'm tipping it's a much smaller number of total staff.

Stupid fkn decision for mine. Most office buildings have barely enough dunny's as it is, making some of them squatters to pander to a small minority who would most likely have western style dunnies in their home anyway is ridiculous and an OH&S hazard waiting to happen.

If people are too dumb to figure out how to use a western style toilet, I really don't want them playing with my tax information.

Looks like they would be real hygienic too. Most of the squat toilets in the sub continent have a fern bush, mound of dirt or an Anaconda snake at the back of them not the nice white porcelain.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Carefully.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:14 pm

5150 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Looks like they would be real hygienic too. Most of the squat toilets in the sub continent have a fern bush, mound of dirt or an Anaconda snake at the back of them not the nice white porcelain.

If I had to take an urgent dump and that was the only cubicle available, I'd shit in the hand basin instead

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Apparently it's good for you to squat when you, um, go! A nice open, free passage! Hmm, I'm sure a few dates works just as well!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:22 pm

It's also apparently good to just squat down and pop out a kid while weeding the rice paddies, pick it up and keep weeding but I can't see it catching on here.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

^ That would be grand as then all the midwives would be out trying to catch the slippery little suckers!

And then I could just sit back and think "ah how's the serenity" Laughing

Last edited by Morrigu on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:31 pm

^

God, we can't have a lot of unemployed midwives, we'd need more psych wards. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 pm

nah nah nah women should be allowed to milk it for everything they can get!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:

I'm calling for a "please explain why anyone should care about this".

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:06 pm

^

Read my post and try again.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:15 pm

I read it. Still think it's a tabloid storm in a teacup that plays nicely to One Nation types but that's about it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 pm

So, considering toilets are precious real estate in office buildings, why do you think reducing the number of toilets to install squatters that cater to a tiny minority that could easily use the normal ones is an appropriate thing?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Couldn't they just have a kiddie stand so they can get up there?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 188 of 277   

Jump to: