Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't stop travelling otherwise these bastards have achieved their desired outcome which is to instil fear into the wider population.

Be vigilant and alert, but also enjoy your trip while you're at it LD.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 am

Ah pleased ( was gonna mention it but thought I might sound like a nagging nana Laughing )
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:05 pm

luvdids wrote:
Thanks guys. It did give me the final nudge I needed to register my plans with DFAT - thanks again for the first nudge Morrigu Smile
I'm still going, will still have a ball & will be home again way too soon! Smile

What Jezza said. Just keep an eye and an ear out. But don't take chances. Change your plans if it's going to shit, and hang the cost. Your there to enjoy yourself. Have a brilliant time, cheers.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Huh? **** em!

http://usherald.com/muslims-demand-locals-dont-walk-dogs-public-violation-sharia-disrespects/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm going with hoax.
http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/14/for-public-purity/

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Maybe not. If a ban on bacon at KFC can happen!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm

David wrote:
I'm going with hoax.

Ah, oops, sorry

Why would someone do that? Nuts

Last edited by think positive on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

""? ?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
I'm going with hoax.

Ah, oops, sorry

Why would someone do that? Nuts

Snopes isn't calling it a hoax, they're suggesting it might be without making a call either way.

Why would someone do it if it is a hoax? Simple. To stir up anti Muslim sentiment when there's already a perception that they want the host country to change to suit them rather than them assimilating, a perception that has some basis in truth.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:11 am

I couldn't figure out where to put this, but since there is someone going off on a big trip that posted here recently, and well, it was certainly a WTF at the time, here it is!

Be careful of car rental places, hotels, any hire place, and petrol stations putting big pending amounts on your credit card.

Apparently to stop the scammers, this is what they now do. It may only be the US, I don't know, but it can make life very difficult. First, we had hire bikes in New York, it was part of the New York Pass Card, so no cost, but we had to leave an old fashion scan of a credit card, in case we nicked off with, or damaged the bikes. The next day I discovered a $200 pending amount on my travel card, which had come off the total. It was Sunday night, 4th July, so I couldn't ring. I googled and found it a common practice with this company. On trip advisor a company rep replied it would just drop off as the voucher was not actually put through to the credit supplier. It took 10 days to drop off my card. Then I discovered our New York hotel had done it too, $50 odd for each night we stayed there, just in case! That disappeared in 5 days. Then the Niagara Falls hotel did it, $189 (go figure!) for one night, and as it was not a prepaid hotel, the total was over $500! So I thought they had charged me for the upgrade from 5-12 floor to 19th, which gave me that amazing photo. It took a week for the correct total of $312 inc a couple of incidentals, to show as a charge,and the pending amount disappeared. All that doesn't seem much, but then the cruise ship didit! It took a pending payment for every charge, a bus excursion in Mexico, drinks cards for two adults, a photo, a couple of things from the girt shop, mandatory tips ($50 each) total over $700, then the big whammy, the day after the cruise, they charged the full amount and the pending charges were still there too. In fact they are still there now! We did a big shop at an outlet, and next Day, my travel card gets knocked back for being over. This is naturally on the weekend, and I didn't want to ring from the US. So I used my Amex (no fees for the transfer). We go to get fuel, I put my Amex in, it asks for a five digit zip code, so I put the zip of our hotel in, nope didn't like it, so I paid cash. Next day I discover a $130.39 pending charge on my card! Google shows this to be common practice! All except the cruise charges are gone now, I'll be ringing carnival today to sort it out. Other hotels did it with small amounts too, (from 30- 50) they have all dropped off now. But if I had not taken my Amex and Visa, we would have been stuffed.

Maybe it's just the US, but hertz did it to the tune of $269 for a four day hire, and I had prepaid that amount already! Be aware of this, my prepaid holiday card is not with my normal bank, so I don't have to worry about hacking when I'm overseas. Check your balance regularly. Nothing worse than having a payment knocked back, especially if you are in a servo, out of fuel and cash! This was our fourth US trip, been to Hawaii and Bali too, and it's never happened before. Maybe it's the new thing to counter the thieves. Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:11 pm

/\ just spent 40 min on the phone to carnival and velocity, trying to get the pending charges removed.

if you know anyone travelling, warn them.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:11 pm

This: http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/news-features/a-rape-victim-in-texas-was-jailed-after-breaking-down-midtestimony-against-her-rapist-20160724-gqcugg.html

A rape victim in Texas was jailed after breaking down in the middle of testifying against her rapist

Date
July 25, 2016 - 12:03PM

Daniel Victor

A rape victim who was jailed in Texas for nearly a month because prosecutors feared she would not return to testify after having a mental breakdown on the stand has sued the Harris County district attorney's office, county officials and jail employees.

The woman, identified as Jane Doe in the lawsuit, was held in the general population at the county jail - the same place where the rape suspect, Keith Hendricks, was housed. There, the suit says, she was misclassified as the perpetrator of a sexual assault - not as a victim - attacked by an inmate, denied medication and punched in the face by a guard.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

A real WTF story, that one. Seems too bizarre to be true, but I've seen nothing that would suggest otherwise.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Gees how could no one step forward to say hey, she's the victim?OMG that's just so awful
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:10 am

It beggars belief! Had to read the headline a few times to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 185 of 277   

Jump to: