Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Put it this way, if it happened in a normal workplace and a complaint was raised, given the context, he'd be pulled aside, told it was inappropriate and why, not to do it again and that would be the end of it unless it happened again. mediation maybe, apology recommended (which was already given and accepted in this case)

Utterly fkn hysterical over reaction.

Stui, the escalating issue is that it was so public. If it were done privately in the workplace, it'd be a word in the ear and maybe a warning. But done in public before thousands, while someone was trying to do their job and would reasonably be expected to suffer embarrassment ? No way. Serious breach.

As Morrigu pointed out I have not seen the context, and it seems it was very informal. But what he did was plain stupid and something that female journalists should not have to put up with.

Take the time to watch it and get the context. yes it was public and inappropriate etc, but she dealt with it and put him back in his box. he wasn't smart enough to realise that but anyone watching was, so the only one who should have been embarrassed about the exchange was him, not her.

No arguments that she shouldn't have to put up with that but she dealt with it, didn't feel upset, hurt or intimidated, just angry. That's why I say the behaviour needed to be addressed but that the reaction was way over the top and hysterical.

personally I think at least part of the over reaction was caused by his reputation as a misogynistic playboy, he was a walking target. He needed to be slapped back into line but not like this.

Yeah, ok, I watched it. It was as others have described. But yes, the hysterical umbrage is of course over the top. What is interesing is why so many people who are not involved seem to need to be so involved. I guess it'll range from those who've had that crap at work and don't like it, to man-haters, to the usual identity politics bandwaggoners : the "as a woman/lesbian/transsexual/unshelled hazelnut, I feel..." brigade. i think most identify politics is about seeking freedom from the burden of individuality by dissolving your personal identity with a group - a bit like we do at the football. It's good at the footy, sad in life.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:00 pm

think positive wrote:
jeepers, where will it end! some of the comments down the bottom crack me up!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-06/donoughue-a-poor-start-to-the-year-for-the-men-of-australia/7070222

so easy to take things out of context, so easy to blow something way out of proportion, surely a hey mate, thats not on, the apology if it was sincere should have been enough. though i doubt i would be so sensitive as to take offense. as others had said, shame she didnt come back with something snappy. ah well, i guess thats the end of any banter with journos at the end of a game. and thats a sad loss.

was she really this upset? or are they going overboard for some weird reason i cant fathom? still shes out there, its publicity for her. but im guessing shes a bit embarrassed by it all. not that its her fault. doubt its even about her anymore.

Exactly right.

As usual the topic has been hijacked by those who believe its all about them!! Get an easy target, shoot first, kill them and then ask the valid questions. Rolling Eyes

I hope Gayle sues the pants off the press hack journos who intentionally and maliciously made up shit about his past. I hope they all end up hurt as hell.

And I hope that the PC perpetrators wear some of this huge backlash of support for Gayle too. Stuff the lot of these silly bloody inadequate wankers. Evil or Very Mad Mad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:27 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
If she was offended she should have smiled sweetly and said - " thanks but you're not my type sugar" that would be more effective especially live to air than this faux outrage and as a result a PC fine to quell the masses with seriously too much time on their hands Rolling Eyes

I remember scrubbing for a case with our notoriously misogynist sleazy old head of surgery - " you're quite clever for a chickee babe ( who says chickee babe really Laughing ) - " gee thanks - you're not a bad surgeon either snookums" - he stared, scowled then burst out laughing - point taken - no repeat performance.

Woman of the world STOP being victims and outraged - step up and serve it back!!!!

One problem with this is that a journalist has a professional responsibility not to hit back. Fair or not, that's the way it is. Helen Razer, for instance, lost her job over this rather memorable interview:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/0831_razer.mp3

Hence the sports reporters somewhat awkward reaction to the cricketer hitting on her. I got the feeling she wanted to give him a serve but felt she couldn't. She clearly wasn't happy about it.

Speaking of Helen Razer, she writes what is hopefully the final word on this affair:

http://dailyreview.com.au/razer-what-can-we-learn-from-the-chris-gayle-incident-absolutely-nothing/35341

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:19 pm

The vagina speaker that plays tunes to your unborn baby

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/pregnancy/prepare-for-baby/the-vagina-speaker-that-plays-tunes-to-your-unborn-baby-20160109-gm2f1q.html

"A speaker designed to be inserted into pregnant women's vagina is taking pre-natal care to a whole new level.
The Babypod, a device attached by wire to a smartphone, is marketed as the "only device that has demonstrated to stimulate vocalisation of babies before birth with music".

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
The vagina speaker that plays tunes to your unborn baby

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/pregnancy/prepare-for-baby/the-vagina-speaker-that-plays-tunes-to-your-unborn-baby-20160109-gm2f1q.html

"A speaker designed to be inserted into pregnant women's vagina is taking pre-natal care to a whole new level.
The Babypod, a device attached by wire to a smartphone, is marketed as the "only device that has demonstrated to stimulate vocalisation of babies before birth with music".

Ohmigard, I just had a mental picture of a Michelle Bridges style boot camp fitness instructor yelling into the microphone, sound blasting into the vagina, yelling at the baby to "right you lazy brat, drop and give me 20. Feel the burn"

Shocked Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Lol

Omg that truly is bizarre! What's wrong with the old radio next to the tummy thing! Not that I did that. Probably should have, my kids have $$%^%%$ awful taste in music.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 pm

That's a good idea no chance of infection there Shocked
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:13 pm

David wrote:
David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
If she was offended she should have smiled sweetly and said - " thanks but you're not my type sugar" that would be more effective especially live to air than this faux outrage and as a result a PC fine to quell the masses with seriously too much time on their hands Rolling Eyes

I remember scrubbing for a case with our notoriously misogynist sleazy old head of surgery - " you're quite clever for a chickee babe ( who says chickee babe really Laughing ) - " gee thanks - you're not a bad surgeon either snookums" - he stared, scowled then burst out laughing - point taken - no repeat performance.

Woman of the world STOP being victims and outraged - step up and serve it back!!!!

One problem with this is that a journalist has a professional responsibility not to hit back. Fair or not, that's the way it is. Helen Razer, for instance, lost her job over this rather memorable interview:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/0831_razer.mp3

Hence the sports reporters somewhat awkward reaction to the cricketer hitting on her. I got the feeling she wanted to give him a serve but felt she couldn't. She clearly wasn't happy about it.

Speaking of Helen Razer, she writes what is hopefully the final word on this affair:

http://dailyreview.com.au/razer-what-can-we-learn-from-the-chris-gayle-incident-absolutely-nothing/35341

Nailed it Helen!

It made me try to pin point the moment when Aussies went from "she'll be right mate, no worries to #moron@imbecile.complain about everything.au

I think the new X Files show will reveal that aliens have come to earth and replaced our sense of humour with moon rocks. It will show the aliens cruising in their UFO (or FO as they know it) pissing themselves laughing with what we've become.

Also. where can I buy a fairy floss dildo from? Maybe Fev might know.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall-Ferry-Jagger engaged. Strike me roan. Maybe she saw how much Wendy Deng got out of him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:55 pm

ronrat wrote:
Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall-Ferry-Jagger engaged. Strike me roan. Maybe she saw how much Wendy Deng got out of him.

Hey come on now, they dated for four whole months!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 pm

We're all (well some of us) in a parallel universe, and here's the proof.

http://www.avclub.com/article/how-you-spell-berenstain-bears-could-be-proof-para-223615

Seriously though, I remember vividly that they were the Berenstein Bears. Mind Blown.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:36 pm

This. In the sense of, what is it.

https://www.facebook.com/politico/videos/10153268520961680/?fref=nf

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 pm

It's truly scary, and creepy, that's what it is. Have Kim Jong Un's favourite band defected ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm

How much work there has been in acute mental health in Emergency department .

Ice, ice & more ice. BTW, did I mention ice. It's not just ice but there's a lot of it.

We are being slammed in the Emergency Department for a number of reasons:

1. The lack of experienced staff & junior staff or staff who do not have sufficient "acute mental health experience"

2. Re-structuring teams meaning that there are no longer CATT staff with the requisite acute experience - so junior staff whether doctors, social workers, therapists, psychologists make poor decisions leaving the Ed as a default position for patients in crisis

3. Not knowing how to deal with people making threats. Generally speaking those who tell you if you don't admit me or do x then i'm going to either hurt myself, kill myself or hurt someone else. Not all but many of the anti socials & borderlines can be discharged with a good plan if you've done your job properly. I rarely if ever admit under these circumstances. Inexperienced staff invariably follow the path of least resistance which reinforces the manipulative behaviours. This frustrates the sh*t out of me.

4. GP's sending people in for an Ax when they can call for a community mental health follow up team - doe crises can be seen the next day - many do not need an ED

& the list goes on

Soooo busy - not enough time for even Nicks these days

Has been like this for a good month or more.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 pm

^

Ice is a cnut of a drug, it's getting worse isn't it.

If we don't get the system working better, after ice there'll be something even cheaper and nastier and it just won't cope.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 161 of 277   

Jump to: