Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Radical concerns can arise from telling that joke to your wife and finding that she agrees. In such cases, it's probably wise to keep the agricultural implements in a securely-locked shed.

Keeping your superannuation/life insurance details somewhat private is also advisable.

When you're worth(depending on perception) so much more dead than alive, it's time to eat out. A lot.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Brenny wrote:
think positive wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Yeah and that's an issue for me, David.

I'm attracted to super smart very assertive women... generally older than me, too.

I wouldn't say I allow myself to be dominated, I'm actually quite good at picking that up. I've learnt many lessons over my life. Especially from when I was younger when I got used a bit and was dominated heaps. So I'm quite good at standing up to myself now days.

Maybe there is a part of me that isn't ready to settle down as yet. Which isn't a bad thing. Most of my mates are all married and starting to have kids now. Maybe there is a part of me wanting that too much, instead of letting things just happen.

Gees you sound like the guy in 50 shades of grey!

You need to fill me in here, remembering too I don't get offended easily and I'm the one who started this conversation - so I should take it as it comes.

FYI, I'm not going to offer anybody a contract (that's about the extent of my knowledge of 50 shades).

Just watch the movie honey!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Radical concerns can arise from telling that joke to your wife and finding that she agrees. In such cases, it's probably wise to keep the agricultural implements in a securely-locked shed.

Keeping your superannuation/life insurance details somewhat private is also advisable.

When you're worth(depending on perception) so much more dead than alive, it's time to eat out. A lot.

I'm learning to cook new dishes! Wink

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Forecast for down my way tomorrow is possible heavy falls of rain exceeding 100mm.

FMD if that comes true.

I'll be swimming home.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Autopsy:Life and Death on now SBS2.

Naked 84 year old female life model with Brazilian.

And here I thought the dead bodies were scary.

My cock just got up and ran away.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 am

swoop42 wrote:

I lol'd. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 am

swoop42 wrote:

Are you sure it was a Brazilian or at 84 Has hair just given up growing there.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 am

WTF

I cop shit after shit on this site and just take it

I make one very funny comeback about PTID and it gets modded out?

seriously, mods are supposed to be impartial.

ill take a wild $£$%^%%$ guess who deleted it.

ill let you judge:

ptid wrote

That's one of the favourite lines of townsfolk hating on Aboriginal peoples.
Actually, as a footnote, it just occurred to me where else I've heard the, "but you don't know what it's like to deal with them" refrain before.
Oh, and it's also a favourite of the Israeli right, Latin American elite and Missouri police force lol.

Some things are just so prevalent as to be near laws of social physics.

and I quoted

Actually, as a footnote, it just occurred to me where else I've heard the, "but you don't know what it's like to deal with him" refrain before.

and I wrote "your relatives?'

now go back and take a look at the thread and all the little nasty $£$%^%%$ shit he has chucked at me.
a little balance.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am

The only thing that makes me go "WTF" is that you thought it was an appropriate thing to post in the first place. Derailing threads with abuse or personal attacks is never acceptable, whether you think it's "funny" or not.

If you feel that you've been the subject of a personal attack, please feel free to report that post and bring it to the moderators' attention.

I'd also like to remind you of this:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/rules.htm

Quote:
Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators', be it through calling other users to account for alleged infractions, continually pointing out infractions to moderators, or posting gratuitous comments regarding the actions (or lack of action) by the mods team.

David for BBMods

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:44 am

David wrote:
The only thing that makes me go "WTF" is that you thought it was an appropriate thing to post in the first place. Derailing threads with abuse or personal attacks is never acceptable, whether you think it's "funny" or not.

If you feel that you've been the subject of a personal attack, please feel free to report that post and bring it to the moderators' attention.

Quote:
Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators', be it through calling other users to account for alleged infractions, continually pointing out infractions to moderators, or posting gratuitous comments regarding the actions (or lack of action) by the mods team.

David for BBMods

So you going to take all his belittling comments out of his posts? Have a read I can pick a dozen backhanded digs far worse than what I said upfront. Honesty is obviously not the best policy.

Have a look at the post of PTID I was quoting from, exactly what does that have to do with the thread? He's just taking a shifty backhand swipe at morrigu

I don't get the difference

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm

5150 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

You seem extra curious.

Am I detecting a granny fanny fetish? Laughing

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

David wrote:

Quote:

David for BBMods

I'm with TP on this one.

PTID is often the biggest culprit when it comes to acting in a condescending manner towards other posters who dare challenge him.

It's not just him either and seems to be a common trait amongst people who seem to share his world view.

They talk down to people then cry foul and play the innocent victim when someone bites back but not so eloquently.

I dare say David because your views often are in line with his and others you let them get away with much more than those who don't.

P.S-Does pietillidie even remember this is a Collingwood forum and not a place his special kind of intellect generally frequent?

You basically never see him post (6 posts in 5 months) in general discussion.

I'd hate to think he comes here because he gets to be a big fish in a small pond.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Swoop, I'm not the only moderator here. There are a range of political opinions and orientations represented on the mod team, and PTID is treated like any other poster would. As PTID and others can attest, I do not personally exercise favouritism in moderation according to either acquaintanceship or political views. All I care about is that this is a place in which people can converse functionally, openly and in a civil manner.

What TP posted in this case was out of line. There's no question about that—threads in this forum are never the appropriate place to air your grievances about a particular poster, so the posts were deleted for being obviously inappropriate and off-topic. Now, if you or anyone else feels like PTID (or any other poster) is also engaging in personal abuse or other inappropriate behaviour, then you're encouraged to report those instances so that the moderation team can deal with them. Obviously we try our best to keep on top of things, but stuff will inevitably be missed. In this case, both posters have been contacted about the posts of last night and this morning and asked to cease and desist.

By the way, there is no rule dictating that a poster has to spend a certain amount of time in General Discussion. If a poster feels comfortable spending 50%, 90% or 100% of their time in a subforum like Nick's Sports Bar, the Victoria Park Tavern or the Chicks Channel, then that's their prerogative entirely. It's not your role to dictate "what this place is" or how it is to be used.

If anyone is unclear about what constitutes acceptable and unacceptable posting, I'd ask you to consult the rules:

David for BBMods

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:44 pm

swoop42 wrote:
5150 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

You seem extra curious.

Am I detecting a granny fanny fetish? Laughing

No... No... not at all, I have a... um friend, yeah friend... that asked me to ask you can you send me.. I mean him the link.

Best way would be to PM me the details and I will forward on the me... um him.. um what was I saying?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

David for BBMods

So you going to take all his belittling comments out of his posts? Have a read I can pick a dozen backhanded digs far worse than what I said upfront. Honesty is obviously not the best policy.

Have a look at the post of PTID I was quoting from, exactly what does that have to do with the thread? He's just taking a shifty backhand swipe at morrigu

I don't get the difference

Jo, this board comes with a very much under rated feature called an Ignore feature.

By using this not only are you protected from reading posts by condescending phucktards, self important pillocks and nauseating numbats, but you can avoid engaging with them in an argument and upsetting your own sense of calm.

A fire needs fuel. Don't read it, don't feed it, it goes out.

I know it can be difficult for some people (playing gender card here Razz ) to let others have the last word, but if you don't see it it doesn't count and besides, a trick many females learned decades ago was to let the idiot male think he was right on a particular topic. You know different. Cool

Personally, having read your comment here in this thread, I don't accept that it constitutes abuse OR a personal attack, much more likely an accurate observation whether humorous or not.

But I'm not a Mod and have no desire to be one.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 115 of 277   

Jump to: