Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So with plunging birth rates and a demographic crisis pending we should stop Australians having children? Who is this ^&*^*%?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Wokko wrote:
So with plunging birth rates and a demographic crisis pending we should stop Australians having children? Who is this ^&*^*%?

You're assuming the idea is aimed at Australian Citizens.
Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The girl sitting in front of me at the cinema dipping her half eaten choc top into her popcorn.

what a great idea. I am so stupid never to have tried that before.

If salted caramel can be a hit, then salted chock top surely would be.

OMG salted caramel is the best thing ever!

almost as good as dipping maccas fries into a choc sunday (you gotta get doublechoc, one hit on the bottom, another on the top!!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 pm

We do indeed have a demographic crisis looming. Population growth is out of control and as a result both living standards and quality of life are under very serious threat. Paying people to have even more children and maker the problems even worse is daylight madness.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:39 am

WTF indeed.
A two year old shoots and kills his mum inside a Walmart as she had a loaded gun in her handbag and he got to it.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/30/idaho-toddler-shoots-kills-mother-walmart
A terrible accident, but the thought of going about your daily routines like shopping being surrounded by people carrying loded and concealed firearms chills me to the bone. I never want to go through the aisles at the IGA knowing there may be something like 30 loaded guns in the place!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:42 am

OMG, and their reaction will be "it would have been ok if he had his own gun!"
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:07 am

sixpoints wrote:
WTF indeed.
A two year old shoots and kills his mum inside a Walmart as she had a loaded gun in her handbag and he got to it.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/30/idaho-toddler-shoots-kills-mother-walmart
A terrible accident, but the thought of going about your daily routines like shopping being surrounded by people carrying loded and concealed firearms chills me to the bone. I never want to go through the aisles at the IGA knowing there may be something like 30 loaded guns in the place!

How dare you suggest the US amend the Constitution!!! The constitution is unamendable and what sort of precedent would it cause if the US started amending the Constitution.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:40 am

sixpoints wrote:

My thoughts exactly. And to think some people support private ownership of guns because it'd make them feel safer.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:49 am

It gets to the stage that this isn't even a WTF moment anymore. If they are silly enough to carry loaded guns around they should expect that the gun can be used against them accidental or otherwise. Don't think I will bother going over there!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:35 am

The victim could just as easily have been another customer standing close by. I don't think I'd ever leave the house if I lived there.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Firearms are the 7th place cause of accidental deaths in the USA (600 deaths annually) and most of those occur in the home. Incidents like this, while tragic aren't indicative of daily life, it's just a 'shit happens' kind of thing. The woman let her toddler into her handbag, dumb enough when womens handbags are full of choking hazards (2500 deaths per year) and if he'd pulled out an eye pencil and choked on it then you'd never hear about it. In addition to letting her kid reach into her handbag (apparently unsupervised, you think you'd notice someone lifting your gun) she must've had the safety off as well.

Just saw the kid was in the front of the trolley, so her purse must've been in the trolley cart and not even on her person. This is just like the 'gun under the couch' accident, and I'm relieved the irresponsible idiot was the one who got shot and not the kid (not that I'm glad they're shot, just that it wasn't anyone else).
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Wokko wrote:
Firearms are the 7th place cause of accidental deaths in the USA (600 deaths annually) and most of those occur in the home. Incidents like this, while tragic aren't indicative of daily life, it's just a 'shit happens' kind of thing.

Except that 'shit doesn't happen' if people aren't permitted to walk around the streets with loaded guns (or keep them at home). Surely even one death is too many when, as far as I can tell, there is no real benefit to society in permitting guns to be owned in the first place. It evidently doesn't make individuals safer, as even in a worst case scenario you're more likely to have your gun used against you.

We hear a lot about gun deaths in America. I want to know what the statistics for accidental injuries are.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm

David wrote:
The victim could just as easily have been another customer standing close by. I don't think I'd ever leave the house if I lived there.

The thing is, if you had grown up there it wouldn't be anything unusual for you.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

That's true. Perhaps I'd even have a gun myself. Would certainly make family/housemate conflict a lot more colourful.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 pm

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Firearms are the 7th place cause of accidental deaths in the USA (600 deaths annually) and most of those occur in the home. Incidents like this, while tragic aren't indicative of daily life, it's just a 'shit happens' kind of thing.

Except that 'shit doesn't happen' if people aren't permitted to walk around the streets with loaded guns

No more needs to be said.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 101 of 277   

Jump to: