Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The father probably left the Army because he continually failed weapons safety.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 pm

People who leave anonymous notes on your car when you're parked outside your own house but in front of their opposite driveway.

Now usually I park further down so they have easy access, but someone had parked in front of my house further down so I took the next available, fully intending to move when the other person left.

Go out to move my car and there's a note saying I'm parked illegally (it's not). Seriously, if you can't figure out how to park when someone is across the road from your driveway then hand in your license. Why can't you go and knock on someone's door and nicely request they move because you're too inept to reverse in rather than leave a poorly spelled, passive aggressive note on their windscreen.

I'm going full Zen mode to avoid angry/aggressive response, because passive aggressive arseholes are best dealt with through actual aggression, but nothing will be served by it other than my ego. So I'll breathe deeply and be like water, flowing around the ugly turd across the road.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Wokko wrote:
People who leave anonymous notes on your car when you're parked outside your own house but in front of their opposite driveway.

Now usually I park further down so they have easy access, but someone had parked in front of my house further down so I took the next available, fully intending to move when the other person left.

Go out to move my car and there's a note saying I'm parked illegally (it's not). Seriously, if you can't figure out how to park when someone is across the road from your driveway then hand in your license. Why can't you go and knock on someone's door and nicely request they move because you're too inept to reverse in rather than leave a poorly spelled, passive aggressive note on their windscreen.

I'm going full Zen mode to avoid angry/aggressive response, because passive aggressive arseholes are best dealt with through actual aggression, but nothing will be served by it other than my ego. So I'll breathe deeply and be like water, flowing around the ugly turd across the road.

Nah, wait til dark and go over the road, jack their car up, take the wheels and leave it on blocks and just to be a cnut pump a full can of expanding foam straight into the exhaust/muffler. Or petrol tank if you REALLY feel like a cnut.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Wokko wrote:
Why can't you go and knock on someone's door and nicely request they move because you're too inept to reverse in rather than leave a poorly spelled, passive aggressive note on their windscreen.

It's a real problem with our society, I think. We're increasingly scared of talking to other people, so we've become a society of conflict avoiders and passive aggressive note writers. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:44 pm

I understand his Wife is ill but WTF is with the Victorian Police Commissioner walking away a few weeks after the ALP won power?

He couldn't have just gone on leave and walked away at the end of January?

As for his wife and privacy, he bought her illness up as a reason. Notice I said reason not excuse.

I don't think I'm heartless more I think I am realistic about a professional person in a very Public Politically appointed role resigning the moment a new Government is elected.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 pm

He is, of course, a former member of the Liberal Party. But he has been an excellent chief and seems very professional in all his dealings: is there any reason we shouldn't simply take his announcement at face value?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Precisely Tannin! Smile

If the man has personal issues to deal with then who am I to begrudge his resignation even though the Labor Party has only been in power for a month in Victoria.

The same could be said for Simon Overland who resigned courtesy of intense public pressure a few months after the Liberals were voted into power in late 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Tannin wrote:
He is, of course, a former member of the Liberal Party.

Well that explains a lot doesn't it, too me it does anyway.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:25 pm

In any case, Where specifically, does [quote] Well that explains doesn't it him or her it do it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:27 pm

BIOYA tinhead!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:40 pm

1061 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
He is, of course, a former member of the Liberal Party.

Well that explains a lot doesn't it, too me it does anyway.

Being a member of the party for just six months in 1999 doesn't explain his decision to resign today.

You're just trying to find excuses as to why he resigned that simply aren't there or haven't been alluded to. I'm willing to believe he resigned because his wife is ill unless other reasons or motivations come to light in the future.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:52 pm

1061, if his wife dies shortly, your gunna feel like crap.

have you been in that position?

given his wife calling our "toughen up princess" when he was nearly in tears, ill take his word for it. cheers

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/ken-lay-quits-as-victorian-police-commissioner/story-e6frgczx-1227169114349?nk=e04436f564b67d4d489fbc39866d7ccf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:32 am

I actually find myself thinking this is not all that outrageous.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/no-contraception-no-dole/story-fn8v83qk-1227169545069

Quote:
IF a person’s sole source of income is the taxpayer, the person, as a condition of benefit, must have contraception. No contraception, no benefit.

This is not an affront to single mothers or absent fathers, or struggling parents. Such a measure will undoubtedly affect strugglers, it undoubtedly will affect Aboriginal and Islander people in great proportions, but the idea that someone can have the taxpayer, as of right, fund the choice to have a child is repugnant.

Large families of earlier generations were the result of the combination of absent contraception and the need to have many children, in order that some survive to care for parents in old age.

These conditions do not now apply. Infant mortality is minuscule in all sectors of society, and the taxpayer picks up the tab for aged care.

Therefore, there should be no taxpayer inducement to have children. Potential parents of poor means, poor skills or bad character will choose to have children. So be it. But no one should enter parenthood while on a benefit.

It is better to avoid having children until such time as parents can afford them. No amount of ‘‘intervention’’ after the fact can make up for the strife that many parents bring down on their ­children.

As commissioner Tim Carmody wrote in the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry report in 2013, ‘‘some families will never rise to the challenge or have the capacity or commitment needed to take responsibility for the children they bring into the world’’.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:37 am

1061 wrote:
I actually find myself thinking this is not all that outrageous.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/no-contraception-no-dole/story-fn8v83qk-1227169545069

Quote:
IF a person’s sole source of income is the taxpayer, the person, as a condition of benefit, must have contraception. No contraception, no benefit.

This is not an affront to single mothers or absent fathers, or struggling parents. Such a measure will undoubtedly affect strugglers, it undoubtedly will affect Aboriginal and Islander people in great proportions, but the idea that someone can have the taxpayer, as of right, fund the choice to have a child is repugnant.

Large families of earlier generations were the result of the combination of absent contraception and the need to have many children, in order that some survive to care for parents in old age.

These conditions do not now apply. Infant mortality is minuscule in all sectors of society, and the taxpayer picks up the tab for aged care.

Therefore, there should be no taxpayer inducement to have children. Potential parents of poor means, poor skills or bad character will choose to have children. So be it. But no one should enter parenthood while on a benefit.

It is better to avoid having children until such time as parents can afford them. No amount of ‘‘intervention’’ after the fact can make up for the strife that many parents bring down on their ­children.

As commissioner Tim Carmody wrote in the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry report in 2013, ‘‘some families will never rise to the challenge or have the capacity or commitment needed to take responsibility for the children they bring into the world’’.

Spot on. You shouldn't have children until you can afford a nanny to care for them while both parents work 14 hour days.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:16 am

/\ lol!

That's the perfect response!

That's a little harsh 1061. But it's also a legit point! Too many single mums with lots of kids all on benefits, and dead beat dads. However, how do you split the ones who made that choice, away from those who's husbands/partners walked, died, or abused them? While I'm guessing they would not be inclined to have children if that was the case, I still wouldn't want to impose more pain on them. We need a more personal, but fair way of dealing with welfare, full stop. if we stop the cheats, (yes including those having kids to get welfare) there will be more for those who really need it.

Last edited by think positive on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 99 of 277   

Jump to: