Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:

Even the signs are very similar, main difference would be the Coke user has a runny nose

The main difference is the price and the availability.
Ice is cheap and be made in a blazing garage.
Coke is extremely expensive and (was) difficult to get.

Back before the Afghan invasion (around 2000) the authorities thought they were winning the war on Heroin and coke.
They were sort of right, but for the wrong reasons.

Heroin dried up because the Taliban were trying to deal to let them import US weapons in exchange for stopping the exports and new survailance techniques were stopping and/or catching coke from south America.
New drinking laws and much tougher road checks and higher taxes were discouraging strong drinking particularly late at night.
People want/need to do something to alter their mind states so they turned to speed.
New refining techniques lead to development of ice.
The internet gave millions of people access to the knowledge to make a meth lab and what chems were/are needed and how to obtain them.
Dancing all night was flourishing but drinking was out so ice stepped in.
Bingo!
The War started and the opium began flowing again.
The market had taken a dip, so it flooded in and the price dropped.
Sth America followed suit

People on H or ppl who smoke weed really just want to be left alone to sleep or chill out.
The problem is the cost makes them do serious crime to support a seriously expense habit.
Ice ramps the user up to a state where they just can't control themselves and have very little idea of the real world really is like.
Ice addicts are mental cases because that is what happens when you stuff seriously strong stimulants through the blood stream and brain (or what remains of it).

They war on drugs wan't won, it just went up a few notches (to a point where doctors are longing for the good ol days of basically dealing with an unconscious person that just needed to be woken up...or not.
I know of at least 4 people in this small town of 1500 that sell ice or can get in a heart beat.
Heroin is here but the market is small.
Prior to 2000 that would have been impossible.
(Hell I knew of a bloke that caught a taxi from Geelong to Stkilda to score smack once a fort-night).
~~
Dope smokers only have one real problem, they have to deal with crims to have a calming smoke at night but if they have the means (or local) they can get around that...err except that wanting to have a quiet smoke at home makes them criminals anyway.

People through out recorded history have turned to drugs to alter their minds states in one way or the other.
If this country wants to get serious about the damage drugs do, they are going to have to get realist (not to mention rational) about the way it is being fought and who it is being fought against.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 pm

^

Good stuff there mate. I've done weed and booze but nothing else and never had any desire to, particularly stimulants. 1 coffee in the morning and a coke zero with lunch is ample stimulation for me. I drink to make my brain shut up, last thing I'd want would be to amp up the volume while making it more bizarre.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:30 pm

I tried ice once and I think I went through two strips of Nurofen as I was coming down and I was fighting off the urge and want for more hit me. I knew what it was and just slept it off but I've never wanted anything so much.

Those few hours I was up were amazing btw but I would not advise anyone to try it ever.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Who told you?
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Good stuff there mate. I've done weed and booze but nothing else and never had any desire to, particularly stimulants. 1 coffee in the morning and a coke zero with lunch is ample stimulation for me. I drink to make my brain shut up, last thing I'd want would be to amp up the volume while making it more bizarre.

Thanx Stui.
Life is 1 shot!
It's too short (and stimulating) to waste on reality that only exists in ones own head and the chemicals poisoning it..
Farknuckles that think drugs are a viable alternative to reality are delusional.
It damages them, their families and all those caught in the cross fire.

LIke the last time I posted something like this, I don't care who has read it (or what they make of it)
I will edit it because it is personal
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 am

1061 wrote:
I tried ice once and I think I went through two strips of Nurofen as I was coming down and I was fighting off the urge and want for more hit me. I knew what it was and just slept it off but I've never wanted anything so much.

Those few hours I was up were amazing btw but I would not advise anyone to try it ever.

can I ask why did you try it?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:59 am

5150 wrote:
Drove past a famous Chapel St club which has a massive sign out the front...

POOF DOOF - a gay club for homos...

If I called a patron of that club a poof or homo, would they have the right to be offended?

Couldn't be as weird as driving past a place called ISIS Hairdressers! Shocked

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:04 am

Let me guess: Egyptian? Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 am

David wrote:
Let me guess: Egyptian? Wink

The place is actually abandoned now but the sign is still existent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
1061 wrote:

can I ask why did you try it?

Someone I was close to was using ice so I thought I can't argue any points against it's use if I don't know what it's about.

Doing that small bit of it opened my eyes to just how strong a grip it can have in such a short time frame. Didn't help the arguments though.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Is Tannin a biblical sea Monster or a new submarine?

Israel's newest Submarine is called Tannin Shocked Laughing Laughing

The newest addition to the Israeli submarine fleet is entering her new home – an Israeli port. The I.N.S Tannin (named after the biblical sea monster) is sleek and mysterious, even more so than her older sisters; she is also much more technologically advanced than her older sisters....

http://www.jpost.com/Not-Just-News/From-a-former-submariner-Mazel-tov-to-the-Israeli-navy-376177

I knew the coach was doing something on the side!!

Tannin has always had an interest in exploring dark and dank places under water.

This was most evident during his formative years when he would allow Aqua man to explore his crevice during bath time.

A just reward.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

The newest addition to the Israeli submarine fleet is entering her new home – an Israeli port. The I.N.S Tannin (named after the biblical sea monster) is sleek and mysterious, even more so than her older sisters; she is also much more technologically advanced than her older sisters....

http://www.jpost.com/Not-Just-News/From-a-former-submariner-Mazel-tov-to-the-Israeli-navy-376177

Tannin has always had an interest in exploring dark and dank places under water.

This was most evident during his formative years when he would allow Aqua man to explore his crevice during bath time.

A just reward.

Lol! I actually chuckled!

Found out last night a kid I met last summer, in foster care, he's only 15, sweet kid, or so he seemed, mum in prison, dad hooked, and he's now on ice. So out of foster care and in some kind of share house. Poor kid. So terribly sad. $£$%^%%$ evil stuff.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

A just reward.

Have we been watching the same films? Shocked

http://youtu.be/IkKdzYw0eGs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/tram-passengers-in-their-undies-fined-for-not-touching-on/20140925-3gk5z.html

Quote:
Semi-naked university students riding on a train have been fined by ticket inspectors.

But not for their lack of clothing.

When the inspectors boarded Anthony Osborne's train from Belgrave to Flinders St this morning, he wasn't susprised to see them head for a man and woman dressed only in their underwear.

But the inspectors weren't interested in the pair's attire - of lack thereof.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Admittedly, a bit hard to carry a Myki in that attire.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 88 of 277   

Jump to: