Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Message to the VPT Left on behalf of Craig Thomson ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
I'd prefer to spend my money on prostitutes.

I prefer to spend your money on prostitutes too Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Bruno wrote:

Sorry Stui, could you please just re-write your second paragraph? I don't quite understand what you are saying.

What David said.

Suspending someone pending an investigation doesn't presume guilt,it's neutral but presumes that it would be inappropriate or prejudicial to allow the employee to continue in their job while the investigation is being conducted.

On the other hand, I have personally been involved in terminating employment while criminal charges are being investigated, based on the results of an internal investigation. Never based on allegations only.

And Swoop42, is it your shout at Gotham City? Razz

Bruno 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bruno wrote:

Sorry Stui, could you please just re-write your second paragraph? I don't quite understand what you are saying.

What David said.

Suspending someone pending an investigation doesn't presume guilt,it's neutral but presumes that it would be inappropriate or prejudicial to allow the employee to continue in their job while the investigation is being conducted.

On the other hand, I have personally been involved in terminating employment while criminal charges are being investigated, based on the results of an internal investigation. Never based on allegations only.

And Swoop42, is it your shout at Gotham City? Razz

Hi Stui, I think common sense needs to prevail. If they were just basless allegations you would have more of a point (although I would still disagree), however Thomson has been charged with I think 150 offences.

Also to David ... you presented his time as a union official as if it was some sort of former life. I don't think this is really the case. No doubt it was his time in the union movement which directly led to his pre-selection by Labor. So his conduct as a union official is very relevent to him being in Parliament. I doubt he would have won the seat had he contested it as an Independent.

I just don't want MP standards to drop further because expectations bar is set too low. Confidence in our MP's is low enough as it is. What happens if Gillards in-action on this one sets a new even lower standard going forward?

Either way, thank you both for being willing to debate rather then just insult.

Cheers.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm not sure how you could possibly think that the fact there are charges in respect of "150 offences" could somehow remove the possibility that these are "baseless allegations". I can think of one matter from the year before last (not a party-political issue) where there were about 250 charges which had been on foot for a couple of years and which were, nevertheless, all dropped by the police shortly before trial.

And no, Bruno, I'm not defending this bloke (about whom - and whose predicament - I could care not one jot) - I am, once again, just taking specific issue with the lack of logic underlying your proposition.

But then, of course, you're the lawyer, so I guess you'd know much more about the legal process than I do.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Bruno wrote:

Hi Stui, I think common sense needs to prevail. If they were just basless allegations you would have more of a point (although I would still disagree), however Thomson has been charged with I think 150 offences.

The number of charges is irrelevant, whether they're baseless or not will only be determined later.

I personally have a very low opinion of this individual, but that also is irrelevant.

The process needs to be:

1. He's been charged by the Police with what would constitute serious misconduct if proven.

2. Are we able to conduct our own investigation to determine guilt or innocence? If yes, do so, if no wait for the outcome of police investigation /court proceedings

3. While the investigation / court proceedings are being conducted would it be prejudicial to the investigation or otherwise inappropriate for the person to continue in their current role? If no, leave them there, if yes either suspend on pay or move to a different role.

It's a simple process, you can't assume allegations are baseless or not based on the volume.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

haw haw
CP 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Bruno wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Bruno wrote:
What I do know is the VPT Left have been vociferous defenders of him.

Put up or shut up dickhead. Where's the posts supporting him?

Still nothing? What a surprise Shocked Rolling Eyes

Nope. Still not good enough. I have said I don't need to trawl through past threads. The fact nobody in this current thread has had a bad word to say is enough.

I wonder if you would show alleged pedophile priests the same benefit of the doubt. I mean, taking Labor's argument, surely the Catholic Church was right to leave Priests where they were given accused Priests had not yet been tried let alone found guilty in a court of law. Surely, as David argues, until the long slow drawn out legal process takes it's course Priests indeed should have been allowed to remain in charge of and alone with children.

Game. Set. Match. Tournament. Grand Slam. Throw whatever else in.

Sept 15 can't come soon enough.

Smash the ALP. Smash the Greens. Get adults back in charge.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 am

CP wrote:
Bruno wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Bruno wrote:

Nope. Still not good enough. I have said I don't need to trawl through past threads. The fact nobody in this current thread has had a bad word to say is enough.

I wonder if you would show alleged pedophile priests the same benefit of the doubt. I mean, taking Labor's argument, surely the Catholic Church was right to leave Priests where they were given accused Priests had not yet been tried let alone found guilty in a court of law. Surely, as David argues, until the long slow drawn out legal process takes it's course Priests indeed should have been allowed to remain in charge of and alone with children.

It cannot come soon enough.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Once the election passes and his vote is not needed you will not hear about him. Same goes for Peter Slipper.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Say, where is Bruno, anyway? Not that I'm pining or anything.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:42 pm

In any case, where is Bruno
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Yes, a much improved atmosphere and standard of discussion here of late. It's been great.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:48 pm

CP wrote:
Bruno wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Bruno wrote:

Everyone is entitled to mindless chants. But get your threads right. Try the great big election thread.

What is it about the extreme right wing & the absence of clear thinking? Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Difficile dire, watt price tully.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

where is Bruno, anyway?

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: