Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2013 NFL Thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read OEP thanks for that. Interesting he's spent time as a defensive coordinator, skip bayless( although he's a bit crazy he's seems to know his football) said hes the smartest guy who can figure out the defense and how to best navigate it. Wow your 49'ers are an impressive club, seem to have hit that sweet balance of the present and the future.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Ray Lewis speech from Madden 13:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jC1owPghQ0

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:25 am

It's a slow news day for the NFL. So, here's something slightly different.

I have long watched (and re-watched) and admired the 1970s Steelers and the 1980s 49ers. Every time I think about which team had the greatest starting offensive talent, I get confused and change my mind.

So, you're Mike Holmgren. You're choosing your offensive backfield for the Pack. You already have your star 45 year-old QB Laughing but you are spoiled for running back and receiver choices, all at the peak of their respective powers.

Do you take:

(a) Swann, Stallworth, Bleier and Harris; or

(b) Rice, Taylor, Rathman and Craig?

Which is your choice - and why?
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 am

I'm a bit late in on this thread but what's your take on DJ Hayden for the Raiders OEP? I like the look of him. Would be a fairy tale if he makes it.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:21 am

Very Intresting the Bill Bellichek and The Patriots have Signed Tim Tebow.

Though they where the Team to Draft him in his Draft Year

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 am

Dave The Man wrote:

I wonder about the logic behind this. Perhaps the Pats are trying to improve their receiving corps by having him throw (bad) passes to them at training. He couldn't possibly start unless Brady had both arms broken (and you'd think twice about putting Tebow in, even then).
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's a slow news day for the NFL. So, here's something slightly different.

I have long watched (and re-watched) and admired the 1970s Steelers and the 1980s 49ers. Every time I think about which team had the greatest starting offensive talent, I get confused and change my mind.

So, you're Mike Holmgren. You're choosing your offensive backfield for the Pack. You already have your star 45 year-old QB Laughing but you are spoiled for running back and receiver choices, all at the peak of their respective powers.

Do you take:

(a) Swann, Stallworth, Bleier and Harris; or

(b) Rice, Taylor, Rathman and Craig?

Which is your choice - and why?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice question.

Going purely on the stat's it was close between both FB's and no.2 WR's, both were comparable in both rushing / receiving yards, average per attempt yards, and touchdowns.

The difference between the two RB's total yards looks great but when you take into account average yards per rush it evens out allowing for the extra years Harris played for. The difference between the two is that Harris had a average 7 TD's per year while Craig had 5.1 (rounded up) giving Harris a slight edge, but (and there's always a but Wink) Craig was the greater factor in the passing game doubling Harris's total career reception yards and (nearly) career receiving TD's, while also having a slightly better yards per catch stat. Given this I'd give this one to Harris just based on the fact their RB's so the greater emphasis should be on their rushing stat's with receiving being a bonus. Also Harris was a 9 time Pro-Bowler while Craig was a 4 time Pro-Bowler.

Now we come to the premier WR's, being John Stallworth and Jerry Rice (all bow down to the great one - NOW). This is where the great divide occurs because Rice's career stats for total receptions, receiving yards and total TD's are better than Stallworth's and Swann's combined (and by a fair margin), while his career yards per catch is only slightly shorter than either Swann's or Stallworth's. Add to this Rice was a 13 time Pro-Bowler Shocked and Stallworth was a 4 time Pro-Bowler and Swann a 3 time Pro-Bowler.

Given all this it stands to reason the Rice, Taylor, Craig and Rathman are the better combination, and the fact I'm a die-hard 49ers fan Laughing

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:18 pm

punkologist wrote:
I'm a bit late in on this thread but what's your take on DJ Hayden for the Raiders OEP? I like the look of him. Would be a fairy tale if he makes it.

None of the CB's in the 2013 draft had elite written on them, including the best CB Milliner.

DJ HAYDEN is a great story given the fact in 2012 he tore his inferior vena cava, a major vein in his heart during a training incident (this injury has a 95 percent fatality rate) and was still drafted in the 1st round in 2013.

That being said at only 5'11" and 192 pounds I don't see him ever being able to handle the big elite receivers like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, etc. He's just to undersized and even if he adds weight he won't be any taller.

Personally I think he'll become a very good CB in the near future who'll be kept away from the high end WR's and stationed on the no.2 or no.3 WR's.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I wonder about the logic behind this. Perhaps the Pats are trying to improve their receiving corps by having him throw (bad) passes to them at training. He couldn't possibly start unless Brady had both arms broken (and you'd think twice about putting Tebow in, even then).

As I've said before the Pat's are savvy operators and I'm sure they have a plan in mind for Tebow but I'll be damned if I know what it is. As P4S has correctly pointed out the Pat's would be loath to use Tebow in any passing situations even if Brady were injured.

My only real guess on this one would be to use him as a RB or WR or in trick plays, but even that seems pretty left field.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:48 am

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG couple of days in the NFL.

First the Jaguars:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214655/article/maurice-jonesdrew-of-jaguars-likely-wont-face-suspension

Then the Eagles:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214653/article/bernard-pierce-reportedly-victim-of-carjacking-in-philly

Then the Browns:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214868/article/ausar-walcott-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-nj

And finally the Patriots:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214815/article/aaron-hernandez-exnew-england-patriot-arrested

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Patriots have a Alleged Murder on the Roster
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Well, not quite, DTM - if you read the link OEP has provided, you will see that the Pats released him as soon as he was arrested. So, technically, he was released before he was charged with murder. According to ESPN, he has now been charged: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9424056/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-charged-murder

I would say, though, that the Pats now have a real problem at tight end for 2013, with Hernandez gone and Gronkowski under the knife. I'm not sure, though, whether or not that's the most important thing to take from this story!

According to that ESPN article I've linked above, 28 NFL players have been arrested (not, of course, all for such serious alleged crimes) since the Superbowl. That's more than 1 per week.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Heavy stuff. Don't know what to think really, these guys play a pretty violent game, they are required to be in such a hyped state of mind for half the year and then have to turn that off for 3 months, has to be tough. Don't get me wrong some of these charges are very serious, just trying to understand I guess
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Fantasy Football is officially open, just in case anyone is interested.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 am

Just for Pies4shaw:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218263/article/green-bay-packers-wont-retire-brett-favre-jersey-in-2013

Looks like it's getting closer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18   

Jump to: