Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Ben Sinclair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:28 am
Post subject: #28 Ben SinclairReply with quote

I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well !

Given his interrupted preparation, I thought it was a good performance, and I think this will be the kid's breakout year, injury permitting. It'd help to have l him and Marley Williams both in that backline, as a strong core of pacy, rebounding defenders, but that's another thread...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree wholeheartedly. Well said
Guts42 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Was going to start a similar thread.... with williams out I guess Sinclair is now our no1 small defender (classifying toovey as medium) he has the courage and determination to go well... if he can play to his capabilities. .. keep it neat... I think he will hold up well.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Guts42 wrote:
Was going to start a similar thread.... with williams out I guess Sinclair is now our no1 small defender (classifying toovey as medium) he has the courage and determination to go well... if he can play to his capabilities. .. keep it neat... I think he will hold up well.

Sinclair will play his part, not a problem. Will have a break out season in my view.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
Guts42 wrote:

Sinclair will play his part, not a problem. Will have a break out season in my view.

I've always said Sinclair had the tools to make it as an AFL footballer. He's been on the receiving end of some very harsh judgements by supporters from my perspective, reminds me of Johnno in that regard and if he turns out to be that good we'll do okay.

Be nice if Ramsay could do the same if/when he gets his opportunity as I think Clarke might be failing to grab his opportunities as they arise and I'm yet to be convinced Armstrong will make the grade.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Ben SinclairReply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well !

Given his interrupted preparation, I thought it was a good performance, and I think this will be the kid's breakout year, injury permitting. It'd help to have l him and Marley Williams both in that backline, as a strong core of pacy, rebounding defenders, but that's another thread...

Agreed & he's tough albeit small.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 pm

He's best 22 so long as Marley is out, but ideally he's not in our best 30 players.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I think Sinkers is in our best backline regardless of Williams being available or not. The kid has come on well & deserves his spot.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Guts42 wrote:

I've always said Sinclair had the tools to make it as an AFL footballer. He's been on the receiving end of some very harsh judgements by supporters from my perspective, reminds me of Johnno in that regard and if he turns out to be that good we'll do okay.

Be nice if Ramsay could do the same if/when he gets his opportunity as I think Clarke might be failing to grab his opportunities as they arise and I'm yet to be convinced Armstrong will make the grade.

I agree with you regarding Clarke but happy to take a "wait and see" approach regarding Armstrong. However Armstrong really needs to put on some beef if he is to consistently play with the big boys.... Rolling Eyes
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Ben SinclairReply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well ...

Yep, busted his arse for us, particularly in the final term, long after the overpaid show pony senior players had packed it in for the night.
If he can keep on the park and start spotting-up targets, then look out!

Dyso
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:35 pm

He was OK on Friday night, can only say that about a handful.

He has speed which is a commodity sadly lacking in our team at the moment.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:01 pm

woftam wrote:
I think Sinkers is in our best backline regardless of Williams being available or not. The kid has come on well & deserves his spot.

Agree. Having both Sinclair and Williams available and playing would be handy.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:02 pm

DP...

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Sinclair was good for us and moving to him to the backline was the best choice for him. He is best 22 for us even with Williams. I would imagine our back line looking like this
FB: Sinclair Brown Toovey
HB: Williams Keefe Reid/Young/Seedsman

While Williams cant play it will be Young/Seedsman/Reid and Maxwell in those final 2 spots
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 am

MagpieBat wrote:
He's best 22 so long as Marley is out, but ideally he's not in our best 30 players.

I'm with you, unless his disposal improves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: