Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan Russell

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotch wrote:
Also Seedsman to come back into the backline Razz

Another one who looks very good. Picking our 22 will be difficult if we ever reach full fitness.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm

His courage has to be commended but I thought he was very average on the day. His disposal constantly put team mates under pressure.
Will give him more time but at this stage I'm not a fan.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

melliot wrote:

IMO certain to come back in and players that could lose their spot.

Thomas > Dwyer
Ball > J.Thomas
Shaw > Frost
Beams > Clarke
Young > Russell????????????????
Didak > Elliot or McCaffer or Goldsack (all really stiff)
Krakour > Sinclair (really stiff)

I'd have Russell before Young if both were fit. Less show, more go.

I'd have Elliot or McCaffer or Goldsack before Didak. Dids is awesome when on-song, but he only plays really well in years ending in "9" or "0". Better to have a 4-quarter tackle machine who kicks a goal or two every week (any of the first three mentioned) than a one-quarter miracle who isn't fit enough or hard enough to lock 'em down and wear 'em out.

I'd have Sinclair before Krakouer for the same reasons.

Why did we beat North? Because we played our very best forward combination: Cloke and Q, plus four genuine hard-at-it goers in Sinclair, Elliott, 'Caff, and Goldie. Screw "talent", I'll take guts, courage, and four-quarter effort every time.

(Where does Fasolo fit? Damn good question!)

Down back, I have my eye on Russell. I reckon he might wind up playing 22 matches for us this year. He is no certainty, but so far so good.

Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Tannin, I also reckon the Sack is a must in our lineup. He is flexible and a difficult forward for opposition teams and a reliable kick.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

IMO if Dids and Krack are fit and firing (and that's a questionable "if"), they are in the team. Too classy to leave out.

At least there is pressure on them to do the hard stuff too at both AFL and VFL levels. They can't just coast along doing the magical stuff only and expect a senior game. They'll have to perform.

Opposition are not going to leave these guys by themselves. Too dangerous and can cut them apart. So while they can't place the same defensive pressure, the opposition will tend not to run off as much.

Especially with Sinclair the opposition can "roll the dice" with him, cos he lets them off the hook with skill errors.

My philospophy is that forwards should be primarily dangerous at setting up goals and kicking them. Scoreboard pressure is the greatest pressure. Secondary function is the defensive pressure.

Overall good problem to have. Lets hope this selection problem does occur first.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Fact is, Dids is finished time to move on people.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 pm

melliot wrote:
IMO if Dids and Krack are fit and firing (and that's a questionable "if"), they are in the team. Too classy to leave out.

At least there is pressure on them to do the hard stuff too at both AFL and VFL levels. They can't just coast along doing the magical stuff only and expect a senior game. They'll have to perform.

Opposition are not going to leave these guys by themselves. Too dangerous and can cut them apart. So while they can't place the same defensive pressure, the opposition will tend not to run off as much.

Especially with Sinclair the opposition can "roll the dice" with him, cos he lets them off the hook with skill errors.

My philospophy is that forwards should be primarily dangerous at setting up goals and kicking them. Scoreboard pressure is the greatest pressure. Secondary function is the defensive pressure.

Overall good problem to have. Lets hope this selection problem does occur first.

I don't think we can have Dids and Krak in our best team (maybe with one as the sub). You just lose too much defensive pressure.

I think Goldsck and Sinclair are locks in our team unless they're playing very poorly (though Caff could potentially pressure the Sack for his spot).

No one comes close to matching the defensive pressure that Sinclair puts on. Even though he didn't touch the ball that much on Sunday, he had a huge impact on the game. He's almost single handedly brought back our defensive forward pressure. Elliott might make way for the classier Krakouer. He and Sinclair are a little too alike and Sinclair is quicker a better tackler, can play further up the ground and more often gets into dangerous positions.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm with you there, Inky: Dids or Krak, sure, but both at once leaves us with a very vulnerable forward line that will turn into a major springboard for rebound football by the oppo.

Unless we could ever hope to see the old Didak (c) 2009 who was really fit and playing almost full-time in the midfield and (if I remember correctly) going All-Australian. His ability to extract from tight stoppages and deliver the pill by foot or hand laces out to a player in the clear was nothing less than awesome. He's still young enough to play in the middle.

But I'm dreaming. Those days are past. Sadly. Alan Didak will never become the player he could have been, should have been. He was almost a magician in the class of Hird, both Abblets, Daicos (never forget that Daics was a champion centreman long before he went to the forward line) .....

I'm dreaming again. And off-topic.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 am

Didak won't play more than another 10 games - he has been a great player - no-one was more excited than me when he got the ball on the run towards goal. But then no-one was more excited than me to watch Peter McKenna on the lead, or Barry Price take the ball out of the centre, or Johnny Greening running wild on the half-forward flank. The future is with the young hungry fellas who can stay fit and haven't lost a yard in pace.
Sic transit gloria.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:05 pm

I haven't entirely given up on Pricey getting back into that line-up, GG. Never sell a great player short, I say.
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
melliot wrote:

I don't think we can have Dids and Krak in our best team (maybe with one as the sub). You just lose too much defensive pressure.

I think Goldsck and Sinclair are locks in our team unless they're playing very poorly (though Caff could potentially pressure the Sack for his spot).

No one comes close to matching the defensive pressure that Sinclair puts on. Even though he didn't touch the ball that much on Sunday, he had a huge impact on the game. He's almost single handedly brought back our defensive forward pressure. Elliott might make way for the classier Krakouer. He and Sinclair are a little too alike and Sinclair is quicker a better tackler, can play further up the ground and more often gets into dangerous positions.

This.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 am

Beast wrote:
His courage has to be commended but I thought he was very average on the day. His disposal constantly put team mates under pressure.
Will give him more time but at this stage I'm not a fan.

Great call mate.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 am

He is a hack. Always will be. Unfortunately with Tooves out he will still get a game. We will not win a flag with him in the side as they will get 5 or 6 goals through him. Shit overhead, shit disposal.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 am

ronrat wrote:
He is a hack. Always will be. Unfortunately with Tooves out he will still get a game. We will not win a flag with him in the side as they will get 5 or 6 goals through him. Shit overhead, shit disposal.

This.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: