Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian entertainer arrested in Jimmy Savile case

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
crushed if true??

how about disgusted if true??

what about using the talent to abuse kids rights??

shit the defence cases on here really depend who the culprit is!!

If someone you knew personally were convicted of such a crime, you'd be crushed too (and disgusted, disappointed, etc.). It's natural that people should feel similarly about an entertainer that they grew up watching*.

*Although I've never quite been sure what his claim to fame was. I mentioned his name to my girlfriend, and when she asked who he was, I had no way of explaining. I always just kind of saw him as being famous for being famous.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
crushed if true??

how about disgusted if true??

what about using the talent to abuse kids rights??

shit the defence cases on here really depend who the culprit is!!

If someone you knew personally were convicted of such a crime, you'd be crushed too (and disgusted, disappointed, etc.). It's natural that people should feel similarly about an entertainer that they grew up watching*.

*Although I've never quite been sure what his claim to fame was. I mentioned his name to my girlfriend, and when she asked who he was, I had no way of explaining. I always just kind of saw him as being famous for being famous.

he is an entertainer I grew up with!

but disgust is easily my first reaction

(though im sure you will come up with a life excuse for him, for me there is no justification if true)

funny, you go on about Australian art and entertainers like you know it all, how could you miss this guy? hes a fricken icon

<snip>

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Quote:
funny, you go on about Australian art and entertainers like you know it all, how could you miss this guy? hes a fricken icon

Do I? Since when? I know very little about Australian popular entertainment, particularly that which was popular decades before I was even born!

And how could I make excuses or justifications for him when I — and you — don't even know what he's been accused of? That's a weird comment.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 pm

I have read two scenarios - one he was grabbing the odd boob and butt in the 70s - 80s of adult women (not children), the other he knew about Saville and co but didnt say anything.

Will be surprised if its him actually being a pedo.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 pm

And I have to say, the Poms carrying on about how it was a total shock that Saville was a rock spider is utterly ridiculous. Take a look at one photo and the average aussie would pick him as a boiled lollie merchant from 100 feet.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Where there is smoke there is fire. <snip - remember our request not to even infer?>. Shocked
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Why are we surprised if a powerful industry like mass entertainment can keep hidden a few horrible people? The Catholic church has done it with hundreds.
Who was there for the victims, the innocents?
Power corrupts....
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Before we start ripping into the bloke can we at least wait and see what he's actually charged with?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Wait and see if he is FOUND BLOODY GUILTY you trigger happy cnuts. What ever happened to the ironclad rule that we are innocent until found guilty by a court of law? A bloody disgrace.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:48 pm

Some of you seem to have completely missed my point. I was addressing how powerful people/industries/institutions can hide away horrible people. The Entertainment Industry & Catholic Church were used as examples.
Why does it take victims so long to come forward against individuals who have power/prestige/influence?
The power disparity can result in individuals having charges laid & trials heard delayed by decades. I'm not saying anyone is guilty. I'm just saddened by the hopelessness victims must feel when faced with the prospect of speaking out against a 'powerful' person
The statements and information now being gathered in relation to Jimmy Saville span decades. He died with no charges laid, no trial. He died an innocent man due to a terrible power imbalance that perhaps he may have abused for all those decades. How can this happen?
Guilt or innocence is decided at a trial. It is simply a indictment upon those knowingly involved in those industries that decades can pass before some are committed to such trials.

Last edited by sixpoints on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
annewilo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 am

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
This mania has gone too far. Is nothing to be left untouched and decent?

I wholeheartedly agee. What's the world coming to. Rocks the foundations from it's slabs. I'm disturbingly touched by the whole affair.

Next it'll be Mr Squiggle & Joffa boy on kiddie touching charges Shocked , that will shatter my childhood illusions.

Oh pour me a stiff glass of marchants or tarax lemonade because it's sparkarlarklearkling (at least that's what the man in the overcoat told me) Shocked

And dont forget Happy Hammond and Zig and Zag...lol...I think it will blow over and be as simple as he knew something but didnt tell....

however keep one thing clearly in your mind, just because they had fame doesnt obligate them from responsibility to society...similar to catholic priests who have gone down the same path, throw the bloody book at them...

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:52 am

Another Ped the entertainment industry has hidden away and protected. Geez they are just like the Catholic Church.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am

annewilo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
This mania has gone too far. Is nothing to be left untouched and decent?

I wholeheartedly agee. What's the world coming to. Rocks the foundations from it's slabs. I'm disturbingly touched by the whole affair.

Next it'll be Mr Squiggle & Joffa boy on kiddie touching charges Shocked , that will shatter my childhood illusions.

Oh pour me a stiff glass of marchants or tarax lemonade because it's sparkarlarklearkling (at least that's what the man in the overcoat told me) Shocked

And dont forget Happy Hammond and Zig and Zag...lol...I think it will blow over and be as simple as he knew something but didnt tell....

however keep one thing clearly in your mind, just because they had fame doesnt obligate them from responsibility to society...similar to catholic priests who have gone down the same path, throw the bloody book at them...

That I totally agree with, that's why justice stinks, money, power, fame get you off too often, not the truth

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am

Mr Squiggle always had a stiffy, he must be charged immediately!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Humphrey took the 5th amendment option
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: