Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Collingwood vs North Ballarat at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Dale Tapping has been left alone to coach his way. That is a massive plus.

Interesting at the 3/4 time huddle, while the line coaches were talking to the players Bucks snuck in and was talking to Tapping, pointing at names on the magnetic board.

Then as the players assembled into one group Bucks snuck back out of the road.

Also had big Lachie Keeffe walk past me to go into the huddle. He hasn't got any shorter or lost any weight. Shocked

For mine, thought it was a great game to watch live.

Daisy ran himself into the ground repeatedly, coming off to the bench with hands on knees, then 3 minutes later, back out and going again.

Witts impressed me with his positioning and leading as a forward. The big boy is getting the hang of it and starting to clunk some marks.

Paine looked right out of sorts earlier, I was talking to Die4Pies at half time and he agreed that Paine seemed to be trying TOO hard.

Krak did a few good things, Fas will be better up for the run, Frost is a class above VFL, love his 2nd efforts and tackling.

Overall, very pleasant day even if Proud Pies told me I looked like a total nuffy and was taking photos of my feet and posting them on facebook. Laughing
Couldn't see that on TV Stui. The team looks more balanced and focussed on winning than in past years.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm

^

Bucks was very low key. Jeans, grey T shirt, grey cap, nothing official Magpies about his dress flying right under the radar, but he was definitely providing advice on players.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Bucks was doing a bit of one on one coaching with Dale at the start of the 1/4 time huddle, then backed out and stood back with Robert Harvey

I'm really impressed with Coalin Mooney. He's a great kick and seems to have matured quite well.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 am

I thought Witts was exceptional today - he consistently marked on the lead clear of his man (which is not something you expect from a man so tall) and generally kicked well for goal. He has improved exponentially since I last watched him in 2012. He really is remarkably athletic for such a massive build.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am

Following from reading Stui's post earlier in the thread, Paine looks to me like he needs to improve his concentration - he was on fire for the first part of the last quarter but he was quite poor in patches. Eg, late in the second (during a period when his play was a bit sloppy for a few minutes), he looked to have been dudded by a call from an opposition player and hand-balled it about 20 metres straight to an opponent in the clear. I'm not sure whether others saw that clearly - I noticed it because I was in line for a burger in the outer forward pocket when it happened? He does some incongruous things for a player who generally looks to be of potential senior standard.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Eg, late in the second (during a period when his play was a bit sloppy for a few minutes), he looked to have been dudded by a call from an opposition player and hand-balled it about 20 metres straight to an opponent in the clear. I'm not sure whether others saw that clearly - I noticed it

Oh, I certainly did...

Quote:
Paine had Fasolo waiting at the top of the square to his left, decides to handball to the right and TURNS THE BLOODY THING OVER!!!!

Certain goal gone begging...

Laughing

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I thought Witts was exceptional today - he consistently marked on the lead clear of his man (which is not something you expect from a man so tall) and generally kicked well for goal. He has improved exponentially since I last watched him in 2012.

[Reaches for tissue box]. That's great to hear. The ace up the sleeve for the second half of the year one might wonder.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:32 am

John Wren wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
John Wren wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
^ Yep, he needs a reality check.

Has played so much AFL since 2011, probably thinks he is a walk-up start. Uh-uh.

Needs to get his head out of his ar$e (maybe that's how he done his hammy) and just play good footy before he gets a look-in. Elliott is ahead of him in my opinion, and he's battling with Dids as well...

one thing i have noticed about daisy is that he is very respectful of the vfl team. he just does his bit. no arrogance about him.

he was very vocal today especially at the breaks, firing the team up.

Yep, Daisy was fine, it's Fasolo who I have a problem with over attitude.

Was good to see Dale coming of, hands on hips, then back out there a couple of minutes later. Just such a phenomenal work rate...

i know. but daisy is a good example of how to act.

Yep, totally agree. Daisy's a pro.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:34 am

Culprit wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Dale Tapping has been left alone to coach his way. That is a massive plus.

Interesting at the 3/4 time huddle, while the line coaches were talking to the players Bucks snuck in and was talking to Tapping, pointing at names on the magnetic board.

Then as the players assembled into one group Bucks snuck back out of the road.

Also had big Lachie Keeffe walk past me to go into the huddle. He hasn't got any shorter or lost any weight. Shocked

For mine, thought it was a great game to watch live.

Daisy ran himself into the ground repeatedly, coming off to the bench with hands on knees, then 3 minutes later, back out and going again.

Witts impressed me with his positioning and leading as a forward. The big boy is getting the hang of it and starting to clunk some marks.

Paine looked right out of sorts earlier, I was talking to Die4Pies at half time and he agreed that Paine seemed to be trying TOO hard.

Krak did a few good things, Fas will be better up for the run, Frost is a class above VFL, love his 2nd efforts and tackling.

Overall, very pleasant day even if Proud Pies told me I looked like a total nuffy and was taking photos of my feet and posting them on facebook. Laughing
Couldn't see that on TV Stui. The team looks more balanced and focussed on winning than in past years.

tapping has said they want to win every game they play. it might sound like an obvious statement but given the key purpose of the vfl team this is great news.

hermerl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 am

MagpieBat wrote:
If votes were being awarded, I would give them thus:

5. Martin
4. Hudson
3. Paine
2. Witts
1. Didak

Unlucky: JT, Frost, Daisy.

Daisy was streets ahead of any one else
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Eg, late in the second (during a period when his play was a bit sloppy for a few minutes), he looked to have been dudded by a call from an opposition player and hand-balled it about 20 metres straight to an opponent in the clear. I'm not sure whether others saw that clearly - I noticed it

Oh, I certainly did...

Quote:
Paine had Fasolo waiting at the top of the square to his left, decides to handball to the right and TURNS THE BLOODY THING OVER!!!!

Certain goal gone begging...

Laughing
Sorry, MB - I didn't realise that was the same incident!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 pm

my thoughts
first time in years that i have seen a pie vfl team that had the right structure
and the right system and speed.
daisy was great.
frost has a glaring weakness in that a fast lead leaves him way
behind his man.
witts has improved 200% since last year.
paine needs to develop a bigger tank.
j thomas was very good but his handballs in close were poor
the irish man has speed!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 pm

hermerl wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
If votes were being awarded, I would give them thus:

5. Martin
4. Hudson
3. Paine
2. Witts
1. Didak

Unlucky: JT, Frost, Daisy.

Daisy was streets ahead of any one else

Agree, with the possible exception of Martin.

For mine (of the pies listed players):

5 Martin
4 Daisy
3 Mooney
2 Hudson
1 Witts

Be interesting to see how Jolly pulls up and who gets the gig if he's unavailable v the dawks. Witts for mine. Great development opportunity. Hudson a safer option but doesn't offer the same long term benefits.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Richmond showed a bit in flashes. With the basketball background showed some Pendles ability. We may have a KPP version of Pendles. Will watch his development with anticipation.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 am

Replay has now been uploaded to iView...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: