Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Collingwood vs North Ballarat at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Dale Tapping has been left alone to coach his way. That is a massive plus.

Interesting at the 3/4 time huddle, while the line coaches were talking to the players Bucks snuck in and was talking to Tapping, pointing at names on the magnetic board.

Then as the players assembled into one group Bucks snuck back out of the road.

Also had big Lachie Keeffe walk past me to go into the huddle. He hasn't got any shorter or lost any weight. Shocked

For mine, thought it was a great game to watch live.

Daisy ran himself into the ground repeatedly, coming off to the bench with hands on knees, then 3 minutes later, back out and going again.

Witts impressed me with his positioning and leading as a forward. The big boy is getting the hang of it and starting to clunk some marks.

Paine looked right out of sorts earlier, I was talking to Die4Pies at half time and he agreed that Paine seemed to be trying TOO hard.

Krak did a few good things, Fas will be better up for the run, Frost is a class above VFL, love his 2nd efforts and tackling.

Overall, very pleasant day even if Proud Pies told me I looked like a total nuffy and was taking photos of my feet and posting them on facebook. Laughing

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Overall, very pleasant day even if Proud Pies told me I looked like a total nuffy and was taking photos of my feet and posting them on facebook. Laughing

omfg. your feet. Shocked Shocked Shocked
the tallest hobbit i've ever met.

terrific percentage booster for the start of the season. loved how we looked after quarter time.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:24 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
^ Yep, he needs a reality check.

Has played so much AFL since 2011, probably thinks he is a walk-up start. Uh-uh.

Needs to get his head out of his ar$e (maybe that's how he done his hammy) and just play good footy before he gets a look-in. Elliott is ahead of him in my opinion, and he's battling with Dids as well...

one thing i have noticed about daisy is that he is very respectful of the vfl team. he just does his bit. no arrogance about him.

he was very vocal today especially at the breaks, firing the team up.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Has played so much AFL since 2011, probably thinks he is a walk-up start. Uh-uh.

Needs to get his head out of his ar$e (maybe that's how he done his hammy) and just play good footy before he gets a look-in. Elliott is ahead of him in my opinion, and he's battling with Dids as well...

one thing i have noticed about daisy is that he is very respectful of the vfl team. he just does his bit. no arrogance about him.

Yep, Daisy was fine, it's Fasolo who I have a problem with over attitude.

Was good to see Dale coming of, hands on hips, then back out there a couple of minutes later. Just such a phenomenal work rate...

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

daisy ran himself into the ground during the game. the last few minutes of the game we played with 1-2 players on bench. witts had a good game oddly enough played better in forward line then in ruck. hudson good game in the ruck and around the ground. dids and krak did ok nothing special 1 more game in vfl will have them ready for afl selection in rd 3. paine did well, dropped a chest mark when he was alone inside 50 and then for some reason lost confidence and then came home strong.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 pm

If votes were being awarded, I would give them thus:

5. Martin
4. Hudson
3. Paine
2. Witts
1. Didak

Unlucky: JT, Frost, Daisy.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:48 pm

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

omfg. your feet. Shocked Shocked Shocked
the tallest hobbit i've ever met.

terrific percentage booster for the start of the season. loved how we looked after quarter time.

LOL, If you like being bare foot, get yourself a pair.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:12 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
John Wren wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Yep, Daisy was fine, it's Fasolo who I have a problem with over attitude.

Was good to see Dale coming of, hands on hips, then back out there a couple of minutes later. Just such a phenomenal work rate...

i know. but daisy is a good example of how to act.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Hudson - dominated the ruck and around the ground, all be it up against their fullback and full forward in the ruck. Ballarat didn't have a ruckman.

Witts - kicked well for goal and did well with the ground balls. Did seem to get knocked off the ball a bit to easy at times.

Paine - on the same trajectory as Cloke when he arrived at the club. Plays very very similarly.

Frost - isn't just happy to tackle the bloke, he must drive them to ground. Looks a level above. Confidence is high!

Gault and Richmond - both competed well. Looked a lot more comfortable compared to past players like Thoolen, Carter and Gordon.

J. Thomas - played a similar game to last week, big first half and was a bit quiet in the second. Missed a few running shots on goal.

D. Thomas - probably a stand out playing predominantly midfield before finishing the game up forward. Senior call up next week.

Didak - flashes of Didak, drifted in and out. May struggle to play out a full senior game. Ideal sub.

Fasolo - I agree with other posters, he needs to get his hands dirty if he wants to push out Sinclair and Elliott.

Krakeour - similar game to Didak. Played extended periods in the midfield but struggled to stamp his mark on the game. Missed some getable goals and dropped a hanger.

Oxley - the guy is skin and bone but he is composed and a beautiful kick. Repelled well and delivered lace out to the forwards.

Mooney - didn't realise just how good he is. He drifted in and out a bit but when he was on he was electrifying! Kicks well for goal and harasses well but almost seems wasted in the forward pocket. Lewis Jetta watch out!

Martin - was probably our best finishing with 30+ possies and 3 goals. Needs to show a bit more urgency and ferocity to really press for senior selection. Swan like - relaxed and cruised around the ground.

Young and Ramsay - didn't last long at all.

Yagmoor - played back pocket. Did most of the kick outs from fullback. Needs to show more dash from the back line.

Had more help from our vfl listed guys compared to previous years. Stand outs were the pocket rocket Ferguson up forward, Moloney and Hellier in the midfield and Riddle down back.

In all there are plenty of guys pushing for a senior spot. Reminiscent of 2010.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:40 pm

My Thoughts:

* Nice to get a Very Good Win
* Paine was good but Goal Kicking is unreliable
* Sad to see Ramsey and Young lasting about 10 Minutes:(
* Martin was very good
* All AFL Player except Krak where Good
* Krak just went when the Ball was near except that just Stood Around
* Frost was very good and love his Physically
* Oxley is a Beautiful Kick
* Yagmoor is a Turnover Machine

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Didak Kicking was Excellent
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm really not sure what all the love for Paine is about based on that performance. Confused

I like the kid but he didn't play a good game. He tried hard, maybe too hard, but got in the wrong positions when the ball was coming to him, let himself get outmarked too many times, his set shot kicking was crap and he looked down on confidence.

Witts was far more impressive as a key forward and did quite well in the ruck without being dominating.

Did like the look of Richmond and Gault (who has significantly bulked up from last year) despite neither doing anything special.

Special mention to the little bloke Hellier who runs all day and is hard as a cats head.

Oh, when Keeffe came into the huddle at 3/4 time he came with a mate I didn't recognise who had his arm in a sling. Tallish kid with dark hair. Any clues?

PS, Grundy is a big big boy. Walked past me during the 3rd..............he's a big boy.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Witts struggles to take a Contested Marks
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Michael hartley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: