Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Elijah Edwards Watch

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malla13 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

how many small players do we want? massive pass imo
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm

malla13 wrote:

Have you seen him Play?

We need speed and he has speed, Quicker then Mooney

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
malla13 wrote:

Have you seen him Play?

Seriously?

If he's anywhere near Mooney's speed and has skills then hang onto him. We can fit him into the game structure the way the Swans did with Jetta etc etc.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
malla13 wrote:

Have you seen him Play?

Seriously?

If he's anywhere near Mooney's speed and has skills then hang onto him. We can fit him into the game structure the way the Swans did with Jetta etc etc.

Well I read from a Bloke who seen him play and he says he is Quicker then Mooney. Plays a lot like Lewis Jetta from the Swans

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:13 pm

He be Playing for NSW Rams on Sunday at 2:30pm at Princess Park.

If you want to check him out

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Side Here:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=23973669

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 pm

malla13 wrote:

As DTM asked a massive pass based on what? Have you seen him play?

I agree with you that EE's height is an issue not to be ignored.

The recruiters by & large seem to get things right with us, a lot of clubs wanted this guy. Sydney were massivley pissed off when we recruited him under the NSW scheme.

At Scotch College he is one of very few players to win their best school footy player as a year 11 student (competing against yr 12''s). The others include Swans premiership player Nick Johnton & Gold Coast's (ex Hawthorns premiership player Campbell Brown.

Based on that info (just reading the websited provided at CFC & Nicks) that augurs well for a player - & would hardly constitute a "Massive" pass.

However at this time based on what we know now & what we've invested so far I would be reluctant to pass on him just yet. After all, Darcy Moore's gunna need someone to rove his tap's in the foward line Laughing

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Was Very Poor Today. Kicked one into the Man on the Mark and Kicked a Goal form a 50 Meter Penalty
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Was Very Poor Today. Kicked one into the Man on the Mark and Kicked a Goal form a 50 Meter Penalty

Well that doesn't help my case much does it? Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy Embarassed

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
malla13 wrote:

As DTM asked a massive pass based on what? Have you seen him play?

I agree with you that EE's height is an issue not to be ignored.

The recruiters by & large seem to get things right with us, a lot of clubs wanted this guy. Sydney were massivley pissed off when we recruited him under the NSW scheme.

At Scotch College he is one of very few players to win their best school footy player as a year 11 student (competing against yr 12''s). The others include Swans premiership player Nick Johnton & Gold Coast's (ex Hawthorns premiership player Campbell Brown.

Based on that info (just reading the websited provided at CFC & Nicks) that augurs well for a player - & would hardly constitute a "Massive" pass.

However at this time based on what we know now & what we've invested so far I would be reluctant to pass on him just yet. After all, Darcy Moore's gunna need someone to rove his tap's in the foward line Laughing

I dare say at the time all the clubs would have expected him to grow more than he has.

Good effort to win the b&f but in reality that is just a school competition between private schoolboys.

Now that he's playing against the elite juniors in the TAC gathered from a much wider pool of talent he seems to be stuggling somewhat.

At the end of the day we can add him to the list for not much in terms of draft picks so he's worth the risk if we have a spot available.

Remember we passed on father son selection Stewart last year so his drafting is far from guaranteed.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Kicked 2 Goals and Named in Best in the 1st game for NSW in the U-18 Champs vs SA

Wasn't named in the best on AFL site.

Kicked 1 goal in second game and not named amongst the best.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

A couple of things to note: he is playing as a small forward so dominating games is unlikely, and he'd not be expected to collect a massive number of possessions at this stage, especially for Oakleigh who have been struggling. At least early in his AFL career, he'll be someone who can impact games with pace and skill, not an accumulator.

The second thing: he'll be a Collingwood player if we want him (unless I'm mistaken, there's not even a bidding process for NSW scolarship players like there is for father/sons), so this season is just another development year, and he'd be looking at fulfilling the requirements of Collingwood which are not likely to focus heaviliy on goals and kicks. The question will be about his ability to handle physicality, no one doubts his pace and skill.

Some comments on his second National Champs game:

Quote:
Collingwood fans will be pleased with NSW/ACT Scholarship holder Elijah Edwards performance for Vic Metro on the weekend. Despite being a NSW Native, the live-wire moved to Victorias Scotch College to further his football development at the start of 2011, winning Scotchs B&F as a bottom age player, ahead of Vic Metro players such as a Tom Boyd and Josh Kelly. Edwards only had the 11 disposals, but he was lightening quick, set up plenty of excitement in his ability to sidestep opponents with ease, create opportunities, and run rings around the opposition. Hes very much in the mould of a Lewis Jetta type, however at the request of Collingwood, Vic Metro have played him forward this year, rather than on a wing where he has spent the vast majority of his junior career. Edwards is only able to be selected as a priority by Collingwood, who they have committed to. Should the Pies go back on that, he will then be fair game in the draft pool, where he could be picked up by any AFL Club.

http://www.scpaige.com.au/2013-under-18-national-championships-round-2/

I have no idea whether he'll make it or not, the club's decision will be far more fine-grained than anything we can glean through basic stats. We've been monitoring this boy for a long time and will have a very good idea of what he can and can't do, and he'll be under clear instruction about what we need from him in 2013.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:25 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
The second thing: he'll be a Collingwood player if we want him (unless I'm mistaken, there's not even a bidding process for NSW scolarship players like there is for father/sons), so this season is just another development year, and he'd be looking at fulfilling the requirements of Collingwood which are not likely to focus heaviliy on goals and kicks. The question will be about his ability to handle physicality, no one doubts his pace and skill.

No, there is none.

With NSW Scholarship players, you can just slot them onto your list as a "Category B" rookie with your last selection in the rookie draft.

Category B rookies exist outside the normal rookie list, and you can have a maximum of 3. Right now, our Category B's are Hartley, Mooney and Richmond.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:15 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Quote:
Collingwood fans will be pleased with NSW/ACT Scholarship holder Elijah Edwards performance for Vic Metro on the weekend. Despite being a NSW Native, the live-wire moved to Victorias Scotch College to further his football development at the start of 2011, winning Scotchs B&F as a bottom age player, ahead of Vic Metro players such as a Tom Boyd and Josh Kelly. Edwards only had the 11 disposals, but he was lightening quick, set up plenty of excitement in his ability to sidestep opponents with ease, create opportunities, and run rings around the opposition. Hes very much in the mould of a Lewis Jetta type, however at the request of Collingwood, Vic Metro have played him forward this year, rather than on a wing where he has spent the vast majority of his junior career. Edwards is only able to be selected as a priority by Collingwood, who they have committed to. Should the Pies go back on that, he will then be fair game in the draft pool, where he could be picked up by any AFL Club.

That's interesting. Are we trying to make him cope with a hard defender rather than free wheeling on the wing?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
A couple of things to note: he is playing as a small forward so dominating games is unlikely, and he'd not be expected to collect a massive number of possessions at this stage, especially for Oakleigh who have been struggling. At least early in his AFL career, he'll be someone who can impact games with pace and skill, not an accumulator.

Quote:

I have no idea whether he'll make it or not, the club's decision will be far more fine-grained than anything we can glean through basic stats. We've been monitoring this boy for a long time and will have a very good idea of what he can and can't do, and he'll be under clear instruction about what we need from him in 2013.

What I saw from that game I was not very Impressed though Interesting to hear he was played out of Postion. That might explain it a bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: