Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 pm
Post subject: Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?Reply with quote

Could Cloke's massive contract at the end of last season, have caused some friction with some of the other experienced players in the team this year.

Players like Swan, Shaw, or even Pendles might feel they deserved just as much since they do all the hardwork in defence or midfield etc.

Apart from injuries this season, I am trying to figure out what has gone wrong with the team cohesion this season so far.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly establish the existence of a problem with team cohesion.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 pm

It seems to me Steven that you have drawn a very long bow to be equating Trav's $ with a lack of team cohesion.

Our other guns have got perfectly sound player managers looking after their affairs and would have been advised that as contracts come up for re-negotiation that relativity would be brokered into the equation. So to be saying that our guns are off-side because of Trav's current $ position absent any first-hand credible evidence is plainly celebrating red-herring day. Thank you very much.

Furthermore, team cohesion or a lack of it - according to you Steven, is caused by this question.

Bullshit.

We have played 35 lads so far this season to Round 11 due mainly to injuries and if for no other reason we had some sort of cohesion problem, you could probably point a finger in that direction. Nonetheless in spite of the chopping and changing with personnel I believe team cohesion has actually been one of our strengths this year. The 'young and inexperienceds' have trained with the 'big boys' throughout and together have got a handle on what Bucks is moving to achieve with the game plan this year, so, a cohesion issue?

I don't think so.

Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Swan got 4 years and Pendlebury signed for 1 year then 4.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 pm

So in trying to come up with a reason for a supposed lack of team cohesion, you invent a reason based upon Travis Cloke's contract.
You are now well and truly in the running for the "most idiotic thread of year award". Well done
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

No.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I Highly Doubt it
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Nah
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes!!!..... Ooooh hang on sorry.....no

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:39 pm

@SteveH67

As the old TV chief from The Box used to say "boulderdash!" Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

sixpoints wrote:

You are now well and truly in the running for the "most idiotic thread of year award". Well done

that's a massive statement given some of the threads we've seen this year but i concur.

to win a premiership everything must go right, the planets need to align. given that it's 7-4 and likely to be 8-4 going into the bye i'd say we aren't traveling too badly. we're only three wins off top spot. a few weeks' ago my outlook was not so positive. we're going ok given what we've had to deal with this year.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

Troppo wrote:
It seems to me Steven that you have drawn a very long bow to be equating Trav's $ with a lack of team cohesion.

Our other guns have got perfectly sound player managers looking after their affairs and would have been advised that as contracts come up for re-negotiation that relativity would be brokered into the equation. So to be saying that our guns are off-side because of Trav's current $ position absent any first-hand credible evidence is plainly celebrating red-herring day. Thank you very much.

Furthermore, team cohesion or a lack of it - according to you Steven, is caused by this question.

Bullshit.

We have played 35 lads so far this season to Round 11 due mainly to injuries and if for no other reason we had some sort of cohesion problem, you could probably point a finger in that direction. Nonetheless in spite of the chopping and changing with personnel I believe team cohesion has actually been one of our strengths this year. The 'young and inexperienceds' have trained with the 'big boys' throughout and together have got a handle on what Bucks is moving to achieve with the game plan this year, so, a cohesion issue?

I don't think so.

Agree Troppo. People play down the injuries as merely a factor in our struggles this year but the lack of team stability as a consequence of injuries has severely impacted on the smoothness of ball movement. The more games of footy you play with someone, the more comfortable you are with how they play.
Underdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 am
Post subject: Re: Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?Reply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
Could Cloke's massive contract at the end of last season, have caused some friction with some of the other experienced players in the team this year.

Players like Swan, Shaw, or even Pendles might feel they deserved just as much since they do all the hardwork in defence or midfield etc.

Apart from injuries this season, I am trying to figure out what has gone wrong with the team cohesion this season so far.

Trav & his 2 other Bros cost how much ? Jas & Cam

Full Forward or CHF, Trav would be lucky to hit a barn

Trav has nearly as many OOTFS

VFL standard at best

If Travis Cloke is getting paid 1 MILL a year over 5 years, we are DOOOOMNENNED

How stupid is that ?

I guess nothing has changed at Collingwood in the last 40 years
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 am
Post subject: Re: Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?Reply with quote

Underdog wrote:
If Travis Cloke is getting paid 1 MILL a year over 5 years ..... I guess nothing has changed at Collingwood in the last 40 years

Tell that to Len Thompson, who played his guts out for this club 40 years ago, got paid about sixpence a game, and as an old man had to sell his Brownlow Medal just to put bread on the table. Or ask any of his mates from 40 years ago if they think anything has changed.

Frohickey 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:59 am

The big dog gets the bone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: