Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Barcelona at the San Siro

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am
Post subject: Barcelona at the San SiroReply with quote

That was pretty funny. 2:0. It reminded me a little of the final in - was it 1994? - all we needed was Il Genio runing in from the left, commentator muttering under his breath "And Barcelona are being blown away here". I'm sure Lionel must have had the ball at some stage this morning - I just didn't notice it.

Should make for a fantastic second leg, since Barca will need to score at least twice even to level the tie. And, of course, if Milan can snatch an away goal, Barca will need at least 4 to progress.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was the 1994 European Champions League Final when AC Milan beat Barcelona 4-0. It was actually held two days after I was born.

AC Milan certainly have control, but the second leg is being played at the Nou Camp, so write off Barcelona at your own peril. I think Barca is declining ever so slightly and this may be the first sign of it with ageing players such as Xavi and Puyol close to retirement.

Last edited by Jezza on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Could this be the end of an era for Barca? They just got their arses roundly kicked by Ronaldo and co (Real Madrid) 3-1 after losing to AC Milan and Seville during the week.

All good things must come to an end. But on today's game Ronaldo looks like he might just be about to supercede Messi as the world's greatest player.

Manchester United v. Real Madrid next week in the second leg of the Champions League is going to be an absolute cracker. Not to be missed!

Go United!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Could this be the end of an era for Barca? They just got their arses roundly kicked by Ronaldo and co (Real Madrid) 3-1 after losing to AC Milan and Seville during the week.

All good things must come to an end. But on today's game Ronaldo looks like he might just be about to supercede Messi as the world's greatest player.

Manchester United v. Real Madrid next week in the second leg of the Champions League is going to be an absolute cracker. Not to be missed!

Go United!

Real Madrid won with ease this morning. Barcelona certainly isn't playing like the team they have been in the last few years. Maybe the change of managers is finally starting to show after Pep Guardiola decided to leave at the end of last season.

The teams to look out for in the UCL are Bayern Munich who I believe are favourites and Borussia Dortmund who should not be underestimated whatsoever.

Man Utd and Real Madrid will be a cracker. I'm still backing Real Madrid, but it will be close.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: