Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The logo is wrong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadOnPies 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:03 am
Post subject: The logo is wrongReply with quote

G'day just a heads up, the Collingwood logo should have the Australian flag on the left. It is law for any logo using the Australian flag to have it on the left.
From 1991 to 2003 we had it on the right hand side but we had to change it to comply with federal law.
Just look at it in the left hand top corner then look to the right hand top corner. Research it, whatever. It's wrong, trust me.

It's so unfortunate that I have seen many recent Collingwood tattoos with the flags wrong. It's been changed for almost a decade.

I don't mean to nit pick but I can't believe you haven't been told before and if you have I can't believe that you haven't changed it yet.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that why you joined? First and only post.

Welcome.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 pm

I think it may be a copyright issue
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm

It's not actually a legal issue. It's just protocol (but, hilariously, probably only caught by the protocol rules if you treat the Collingwood Flag as a flag of another nation!).

There's a Commonwealth Flags Officer who watches out for these horrors: your taxes at work.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 pm
Post subject: Re: The logo is wrongReply with quote

MadOnPies wrote:
G'day just a heads up, the Collingwood logo should have the Australian flag on the left. It is law for any logo using the Australian flag to have it on the left.
From 1991 to 2003 we had it on the right hand side but we had to change it to comply with federal law.
Just look at it in the left hand top corner then look to the right hand top corner. Research it, whatever. It's wrong, trust me.

It's so unfortunate that I have seen many recent Collingwood tattoos with the flags wrong. It's been changed for almost a decade.

I don't mean to nit pick but I can't believe you haven't been told before and if you have I can't believe that you haven't changed it yet.

I can't believe you care. Flag protocols — give me a break! Bill Hicks said all that's ever needed to be said on this issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCkm9-LvRg

Personally, I'm glad it's wrong. I'm all for desecrating the flag, clumsily or otherwise. Mr. Green

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I like this old version better. In the modern logo, the Collingwood flag looks like an extension of the Magpie's tail.
Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Aussie soldier of 13 years and i have always preferred this version. I find nothing offensive about the way the flags are positioned in this older version in fact i prefer it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Here's the thread about this from 2003:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Oh, and another from last year:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=65234&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Still entertaining reading!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Care factor zero.

I don't understand how people get so heated up over where the flag sits relative to others. Yep there's a protocol, I had to find and download it once when we had a flag display in the foyer where I worked with the Australian, Aboriginal and Torres St Islander flags together and someone got bitter and twisted about the placement of the Australian flag because the Aboriginal flag was in the centre and therefore more prominent.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 pm

The AUS flag looks so WRONG in the newer version. If you look at our logo, the flags have flag posts from the centre EST crest (how else would the flags stand upright and flutter?). The flag post should be at the left of the union Jack on our national flag (unless looking at the back of the flag). In the newer version, the flag post is basically on the right side. It looks so wrong and back-to-front. Oh, and while we're at it, any chance changing the black and white flag to freakin' VERTICAL stripes? We're not Geelong! Even Port have black and white vertical stripes on their logo. Why not us? WTF is with our thick horizontal bars?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:18 am

Arch@M32 wrote:
Aussie soldier of 13 years and i have always preferred this version. I find nothing offensive about the way the flags are positioned in this older version in fact i prefer it.

How did I miss this? A 13 year old soldier!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 am

Wow! I don't think there has ever been such a stupid thread. Simply amazingly dumb stuff.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am
Post subject: Re: The logo is wrongReply with quote

MadOnPies wrote:

The logos on the Bulletin Board pre-date the change and where made by Mike as was the rest of the BB, there is no reason to change them, it dates the site and the BB quite well IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: