Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie's Reassurance about the Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Collingwood Football Club will not be responding to your questions.

I love Collingwood
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm

This looks good;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-in-the-clear-mcguire-20130209-2e5e4.html

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD has already instigated an audit of the supplements taken by players in the wake of the Essendon investigation into possible drug code breaches, with conditioning boss David Buttifant assuring president Eddie McGuire that the club has not taken any prohibited substances.
McGuire said the club believed its ''protocols'' for supplements and alike were ''pretty good'' but that the Magpies would ''step them up'' after the Essendon situation and the Australian Crime Commission's report into drugs and criminal links in Australian sport, including the AFL.
''It's interesting that the AFL said they wanted an audit, we've already got an audit that's in place,'' said McGuire. ''I've spoken to our guys just to see what supplements we've been having over the journey.
''David Buttifant assures me that any supplements we have are AIS-endorsed and ratified and I've seen him first hand going through supplements and things like that to make sure that they're OK.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-in-the-clear-mcguire-20130209-2e5e4.html#ixzz2KOqcnz1o

Very Happy
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Never any doubt boys.

Now keep off the crack
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 am

mattys123 wrote:
This looks good;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-in-the-clear-mcguire-20130209-2e5e4.html

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD has already instigated an audit of the supplements taken by players in the wake of the Essendon investigation into possible drug code breaches, with conditioning boss David Buttifant assuring president Eddie McGuire that the club has not taken any prohibited substances.
McGuire said the club believed its ''protocols'' for supplements and alike were ''pretty good'' but that the Magpies would ''step them up'' after the Essendon situation and the Australian Crime Commission's report into drugs and criminal links in Australian sport, including the AFL.
''It's interesting that the AFL said they wanted an audit, we've already got an audit that's in place,'' said McGuire. ''I've spoken to our guys just to see what supplements we've been having over the journey.
''David Buttifant assures me that any supplements we have are AIS-endorsed and ratified and I've seen him first hand going through supplements and things like that to make sure that they're OK.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-in-the-clear-mcguire-20130209-2e5e4.html#ixzz2KOqcnz1o

Very Happy

Whilst I'm a worry wart by nature, reading stuff like that makes me feel better. People bag Eddie, but he puts himself out there. Whether or not it's direct or indirectly, he keeps the Collingwood faithful 'in the know' about issues.

Comments like the one I bolded above, help ease the mind.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 am

E wrote:
Beast wrote:
I actually was shitting myself until hearing Ed talk, too much conviction and calmness in his demeanour for us to have anything to worry about.

Yep, he sounds as confident in this video as he did the morning he told us about who was and who wasnt in the car that Heath and dids smashed up. that didnt turn out too well for us IIRC

Did you really just compare Ed backing up his players based on little fibs with him reassuring the whole supporter base we have nothing to worry about the serious issue at hand?????

you never fail to disappoint
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 am

mattys123 wrote:
This looks good;

Quote:

Very Happy

If Collingwood really has instigated a meaningful audit, and by that I mean independent with open access to players, staff and records, the journalist has done a pretty good job of watering it down to Eddie running around asking a few questions.

It's good to know Eddie has confidence in our processes and key personnel, but don't go making out that it is more than what it is.

The main point I get from the article is that our protocols were not as water tight as Eddie would have liked, but nevertheless Eddie is confident we are in good shape.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 am

I love how he turns the whole saga int an opportunity to have a go at Sydneys concessions. Brilliant.

Regarding the supplement issue, I think he has no idea and sounds like a man hoping we are ok with no real assurances. His language is anything but convincing. It almost sounds like what he is really saying is, yeah, we didnt use any HGH to my knowledge, but we were doing the same type ofnthing they were.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 am

According to Buttifant all the supplements used at Collingwood are the ones used at the AIS. That's great news.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 am

Sounds Postive
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 am

Big t, Yep I like the dig, the article is great.

Don't understand your second comment, he is clear he is as sure as he can be, no one can be 100% sure, that's a sad fact.

If we are named I'm now more confident than ever that it would be an individual (more likely in my mind, recreational) thing.

Clink on the link below to Marty Lloyds article. It is very good, and I'm guessing the way a lot of us feel.

Cheers, go pies!

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am

think positive wrote:

Don't understand your second comment, he is clear he is as sure as he can be, no one can be 100% sure, that's a sad fact.

If we are named I'm now more confident than ever that it would be an individual (more likely in my mind, recreational) thing.

Clink on the link below to Marty Lloyds article. It is very good, and I'm guessing the way a lot of us feel.

Cheers, go pies!

What link?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:07 am

woftam wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers, go pies!

What link?

Sorry, if you go to the link for the article we are talking about, scroll down, there is a pic of Lloyd and it says enough.

I'd post it but I'm on an iPad in timbuctoo.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 am

If I may, this is the article from Matthew Lloyd in question:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/enough-20130209-2e5g3.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 am

MagpieBat wrote:
If I may, this is the article from Matthew Lloyd in question:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/enough-20130209-2e5g3.html

Ta, that's it, good stuff Wink

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 am

Very nice article. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: