Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies practice match 10am Vic Park Friday 8th

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic! thanks.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Good stuff, thanks. Great to see Wittsy doing altitude training and Lynchy in black and white. And is that Marley at the foot of the pack?

That is Marley. Has been doing a lot of work in the middle.

One senior player did dump him pretty hard at one stage too.

The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:31 am

Long time viewer. First time poster.

I went along to the intra club match this am. I initially found it quite difficult identifying who was who with the training jumpers and no numbers. Quite a few of the VFL kids I didn't recognize.
I was mainly interested in seeing how the younger brigade and those returning from injury were going. These are my impressions.

I thought Witts more than held his own in the ruck. A couple of times out muscled by Hudson but also a few times put it straight down the throat of Pendles at the centre bounces. Appeared to work very hard around the ground.

Broomhead is a very classy mover and got a fair bit of it in the first half. Great disposal.

Ben Kennedy looked very lively, quick and hard at it.

Marley Williams looked good. Also quick, aggressive and knows how to find the ball. Appears to have fully recovered from his shoulder injury.

Seedsman who is probably my favourite young player ran and carried the ball and kicked beautifully to position. Definitely looks stronger this year.

Of the older recruits I was impressed with Clinton Young who has appeared to have gotten over his foot op as he delivered some thumping kicks into the forward line.

Quentin Lynch also presented hard and had a few possessions and tried to kick a goal from 5 m inside the centre square.

I thought the Caff looked leaner and quicker and played well.

Dids I think only played the first half but ran on top of the ground, looked very lively and great disposal as you would expect.

I haven't commented on the senior players as the played as you would expect. Pendles glided around and Beams and Swanny gathered the ball effortlessly. Blair was his usual terrier self and played smart football.

Maxy was very vocal and captain like and gave a fearful blast to some other back at one stage. No need for a microphone.

I thought the tempo of the game overall was pretty good. Whilst there was some sloppy play, marks and handballs it was pretty intense for a club match.

Anyway for what its worth, these were my impressions. I have been hanging out for footy this year and the match was a great distraction given the events of the last few days.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 am

^ Cheers Life of Pie. Great name BTW. Thanks for your informative post.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for the report Life of Pie Smile. I've been curious on how our boys have been doing on the training track. Looking forward to this upcoming season.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Here is a brief report by the Herald Sun on our intra-club match on Friday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/see-who-sizzled-for-your-club-in-pre-nab-cup-trial-matches/story-e6frf9jf-1226575546214

Quote:
IT looks like Andrew Krakouer is back. The magical forward showed plenty of tricks at Victoria Park on Friday, kicking a big bag of goals and avoiding

Quinten Lynch has been all the rage this summer and he justified that with some big grabs and working nicely into the Pies structure.

Clinton Young got on the paddock despite foot surgery, while fellow recruits Jordan Russell showed poise in defence and big Ben Hudson hasnt lost any of his rucking nous.

Luke Ball boundary umpired, while Dale Thomas sat out and remains Collingwoods biggest worry with his ankle concern.

Dane Swan moved OK, but dont expect the likes of him or Scott Pendlebury to really flick the switch until next month.

Swans fitness is supreme.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks Life of Pie and welcome. Many of the observations are consistent with my own from the family day simulation a week earlier (Broomhead, Young, Dids & Seedsman, and a bit of sloppiness in the disposal in particular).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: