Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day Log Book

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:25 pm
Post subject: Game Day Log BookReply with quote

Over the past 10 years or so I've been experimenting with ways of calculating quarter by quarter and score by score records for all Collingwood games. If you think that's pathetic, my uncle well into his 80s still keeps one and nominates best players on a quarter by quarter basis. He still uses an old Olivetti to type the player lists, best players and so on. He even paints and designs the covers. He shares this info with the father of a current Collingwood coach. Both of these men are thorough tragics.....but back to me.

I mentioned this to a Collingwood friend last week at training and she burst out laughing, so I'm expecting a possible avalanche here. Anyway, I'm not happy with the format I've developed and wonder if there's a Nickster out there who keeps a log and who wouldn't mind sharing. I suppose this only applies to those of us who live interstate, o/s or who can't get to games these days.

For the record, my system is this:
A Spirax book with 2 quarters per page.
On the right 3 columns: Player Name Goals Behinds
On the left 2 columns. One large enough to list player names and ticks awarded for each effective possession. A goal earns 2 ticks.
At the end of each quarter I count the ticks and award 54321 votes. Sometimes my gut overrules the stats though and I vote according to how I feel a player has influenced the game.
Then I rule off and start again. I find the old fashioned pen and paper easier than anything electronic, but I'd be interested if anybody has a computerised attack.

I'd be very interested to know how many of you keep game by game records and the formats used. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Really. I just keep the Video's of the Games
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Well Dave, you taught me how to get the games and I'm forever grateful, but how do you calculate your votes?
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Game Day Log BookReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Over the past 10 years or so I've been experimenting with ways of calculating quarter by quarter and score by score records for all Collingwood games. If you think that's pathetic, my uncle well into his 80s still keeps one and nominates best players on a quarter by quarter basis. He still uses an old Olivetti to type the player lists, best players and so on. He even paints and designs the covers. He shares this info with the father of a current Collingwood coach. Both of these men are thorough tragics.....but back to me.

I mentioned this to a Collingwood friend last week at training and she burst out laughing, so I'm expecting a possible avalanche here. Anyway, I'm not happy with the format I've developed and wonder if there's a Nickster out there who keeps a log and who wouldn't mind sharing. I suppose this only applies to those of us who live interstate, o/s or who can't get to games these days.

On the left 2 columns. One large enough to list player names and ticks awarded for each effective possession. A goal earns 2 ticks.
At the end of each quarter I count the ticks and award 54321 votes. Sometimes my gut overrules the stats though and I vote according to how I feel a player has influenced the game.
Then I rule off and start again. I find the old fashioned pen and paper easier than anything electronic, but I'd be interested if anybody has a computerised attack.

I'd be very interested to know how many of you keep game by game records and the formats used. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I don't do anything like that but I tip my hat! You've found a way to extract even more from your favourite pastime so good luck to you.

I'd love to see your dad's old books!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Well Dave, you taught me how to get the games and I'm forever grateful, but how do you calculate your votes?

What Votes?

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 pm
Post subject: Re: Game Day Log BookReply with quote

Redlight wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

I don't do anything like that but I tip my hat! You've found a way to extract even more from your favourite pastime so good luck to you.

I'd love to see your dad's old books!
yeah same here, nothing wrong with being a tragic Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: