Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL players & the Gay Pride March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 pm
Post subject: AFL players & the Gay Pride MarchReply with quote

Congratulations to Daniel Jackson & Brock McClean for marching today in the gay pride parade as part of the St kilda Festival. Congratulations also to Jason Ball who dare I say got the ball rolling. Well done lads.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/afl-stars-in-pride-march-20130202-2drex.html

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, it's a start in the right direction.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

That's a great gesture from both. Good on them.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Brave and good on them, it takes guts to do that.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Ho hum. Does anyone really care anymore? The only people making an issue out of sexual identity these days are people with a chip on their shoulder.

I don't care who you sleep with, just keep it private thanks!

P.S. You know if someone organised a Heterosexual Pride March I guarantee there'd be a huge outcry from the chattering classes up Lygon Street way.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I guess that's as close to a classy comment as we are gonna get from you on this one eh Jack?

Oh well, its a broad church the ole Collingwood FC.

Great to see the AFL associated with this event; one can only wish the evening ends with a good old effigy burning of Aker!

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I guess that's as close to a classy comment as we are gonna get from you on this one eh Jack?

Oh well, its a broad church the ole Collingwood FC.

Great to see the AFL associated with this event; one can only wish the evening ends with a good old effigy burning of Aker!

Hey, everyone watches Modern Family now and loves it. Gay rights are so "yesterday". Freedom of expression is the right under severe threat in this country now.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

These marches are a direct attack on the ANZAC traditions and a disgrace to the hetrosexuals in our community. Why do these nancy types feel the need to parade so much? In my view they only bring unnecessary attention upon themselves. And they attack anyone who dares to criticise their behaviour. Bring on a referendum to deal with this problem once and for all.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
These marches are a direct attack on the ANZAC traditions and a disgrace to the hetrosexuals in our community. Why do these nancy types feel the need to parade so much? In my view they only bring unnecessary attention upon themselves. And they attack anyone who dares to criticise their behaviour. Bring on a referendum to deal with this problem once and for all.

Oh sweetie - me thinks he protestuth too much

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Hiss wrote:

Dunno Hiss, my old man, a Lieutenant in the Second A I F told me a few times two of his fellow Officers were gay, and had their own tent. Everyone just let them be. One of them died in Crete, in 1941. True. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Hiss wrote:

Yes! At last a referendum to consider the proposal of deporting all bigots. That will really deal with the 'problem'.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome back Hiss. Smile Been a bit quiet here without you, and we have all missed your wisdom, experience, and balanced, mature judgment. Not to mention your wonderful prose, of course. Please pass on my kindest regards to your beloved Whosername, it was an evening I shall never remember. Carn the Pies!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Hiss wrote:

surely drinking your own bathwater will get you eventually.

i tend to agree with spin in that it is yesterday's war, something hiss knows alot about.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Hiss wrote:

Could I point out that, on average, 10% of the ANZACS would have been homosexual?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 pm

^ Actually, you will find that the correct figure, on average, is slightly over 8%. You can verify this for yourself by dividing the average height of an Anzac (a bit under 6 feet, or 180cm) by the average length of an Anzac (around 6 inches, or 15.2cm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20   

Jump to: