Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL players & the Gay Pride March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know. But my point stands! Wink
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:31 pm
Post subject: OhReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Oh phooey Hiss, stop dog whistling the Nick's trolls; they can troll without your deliberate incitement on this particular issue. But even if you can't imagine a footballer being gay for whatever strange reason, cast your mind back a decade or so; a gay man played for Collingwood. Yep and he played senior footy too. After Collingwood he became a coach and may still be coaching, not sure.

So there you go, a gay man pulled on the black and white jumper and there wasn't a feather, sequin or jock-strap in sight. Nobody inside the club could care less.

About the same time there were two gay players starring in the same Melbourne based AFL team. Both now enjoy lucrative careers in the media. Being gay and playing footy is really only an issue to red-necked desert-dwellers, dumb arsed fundamentalists and the fearful, closeted types who are the first to rush in to threads like these with juvenile put-downs.

I was beginning to think the worst of the homophobia was over in Australia and then I went back and read through some of the posts in this thread. Still a ways to go.

Oh what an outrage! Forget your nonsense about trolls . Because you don't like a posters views on topics various, you reduce the debate to the low standard you apply to most things by saying people are trolls. Crap! Crap! A different view to your preference on topics various does not make someone a troll. So tough tits. Get over it. Now I an outraged like the majority of Pies fans that you would come on here and dare suggest that we had a gay player wearing our colours without naming them. Because the truth is we did not. Rumour and innuendo does not make it a fact. The outrageously, you went on to then say there were these mystery two gays playing for another Melbourne based club. Oh come on! What point do you possibly expect to make by saying there were anonymous gays playing for Collingwood and other clubs? It proves nothing, other than I am right about this whole thing. There were none and are none now. So stop trying to make out gays are in the AFL based on poppycock innuendo.And as for that other crap on here about a Gay Major. Oh please Lord, I have never heard so much bs in all my life. I suppose you will try and have us believe the the military promotes and encourages sex changes. Proud of my RSL values.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:55 pm
Post subject: Re: OhReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Oh phooey Hiss, stop dog whistling the Nick's trolls; they can troll without your deliberate incitement on this particular issue. But even if you can't imagine a footballer being gay for whatever strange reason, cast your mind back a decade or so; a gay man played for Collingwood. Yep and he played senior footy too. After Collingwood he became a coach and may still be coaching, not sure.

So there you go, a gay man pulled on the black and white jumper and there wasn't a feather, sequin or jock-strap in sight. Nobody inside the club could care less.

About the same time there were two gay players starring in the same Melbourne based AFL team. Both now enjoy lucrative careers in the media. Being gay and playing footy is really only an issue to red-necked desert-dwellers, dumb arsed fundamentalists and the fearful, closeted types who are the first to rush in to threads like these with juvenile put-downs.

I was beginning to think the worst of the homophobia was over in Australia and then I went back and read through some of the posts in this thread. Still a ways to go.

Oh what an outrage! Forget your nonsense about trolls . Because you don't like a posters views on topics various, you reduce the debate to the low standard you apply to most things by saying people are trolls. Crap! Crap! A different view to your preference on topics various does not make someone a troll. So tough tits. Get over it. Now I an outraged like the majority of Pies fans that you would come on here and dare suggest that we had a gay player wearing our colours without naming them. Because the truth is we did not. Rumour and innuendo does not make it a fact. The outrageously, you went on to then say there were these mystery two gays playing for another Melbourne based club. Oh come on! What point do you possibly expect to make by saying there were anonymous gays playing for Collingwood and other clubs? It proves nothing, other than I am right about this whole thing. There were none and are none now. So stop trying to make out gays are in the AFL based on poppycock innuendo.And as for that other crap on here about a Gay Major. Oh please Lord, I have never heard so much bs in all my life. I suppose you will try and have us believe the the military promotes and encourages sex changes. Proud of my RSL values.

Hiss, think what you like, but I swear on Collingwood and its flag hopes, that this sex change Major was on the tele, interviewed, in full bird Major Uniform, is high up in Canberra defence dept. I am not making this up, it aint bs, and I would take a stat dec that I saw the interview, she is a Major, and is highly thought of by the army, she even has decorations. It was on about three months ago, and I remember thinking the army sure has changed since WW2 when my late dad was an Officer. Im telling the truth, sorry to upset you, but its fact. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 am

I was beginning to think the worst of the homophobia was over in Australia and then I went back and read through some of the posts in this thread. Still a ways to go.[/quote]

Oh what an outrage! Forget your nonsense about trolls . Because you don't like a posters views on topics various, you reduce the debate to the low standard you apply to most things by saying people are trolls. Crap! Crap! A different view to your preference on topics various does not make someone a troll. So tough tits. Get over it. Now I an outraged like the majority of Pies fans that you would come on here and dare suggest that we had a gay player wearing our colours without naming them. Because the truth is we did not. Rumour and innuendo does not make it a fact. The outrageously, you went on to then say there were these mystery two gays playing for another Melbourne based club. Oh come on! What point do you possibly expect to make by saying there were anonymous gays playing for Collingwood and other clubs? It proves nothing, other than I am right about this whole thing. There were none and are none now. So stop trying to make out gays are in the AFL based on poppycock innuendo.And as for that other crap on here about a Gay Major. Oh please Lord, I have never heard so much bs in all my life. I suppose you will try and have us believe the the military promotes and encourages sex changes. Proud of my RSL values.[/quote]

Hiss, think what you like, but I swear on Collingwood and its flag hopes, that this sex change Major was on the tele, interviewed, in full bird Major Uniform, is high up in Canberra defence dept. I am not making this up, it aint bs, and I would take a stat dec that I saw the interview, she is a Major, and is highly thought of by the army, she even has decorations. It was on about three months ago, and I remember thinking the army sure has changed since WW2 when my late dad was an Officer. Im telling the truth, sorry to upset you, but its fact. Exclamation[/quote]

A Major in Canberra is not very high up. They make the tea. I am aware of a RAAF officer , same level as a Major, a having sex change but I don't recall an Army one. Decorations are given for long service etc and at that level should have done 10-15 years which would qualify plus campaign medals such as East Timor. Gallantry medals are rare.There was a civilian at Broadmeadows Army Base who had the cut and tuck a few years ago when Broady was full on and it was a circus. A lot of the civilian storemen and labourers were mediteranean descent and it took threats of sacking to stop any trouble. They had to hire a portaloo because the women wouldn't share a toilet with an exbloke. They moved her to Victoria Barracks and later laverton.My mate was Commanding Officer there and he said between the equal opportunity people, the unions (about 5 of them) and the military staff associations Beazer didn't do any real work for 2 months.

I am currently in Thailand and the difference in attitude is light years towards GLBT than it is in the Department of Defence where I worked for 34 years.

3 notable slips through the cracks were Julian knight, Derek Percy and Paul Luckman although Knight was not thought a sexual deviate the other 2 were.

Gay women have been in the military with a blind eye for generations. There is still a reluctance, as with women, to have gay men in combat roles or at the very least not in the same unit. Army practice used to be if 2 men were suspected of having an affair they would send them to other sides of the country. Say one in Adelaide and the other to Townsville.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 am

I recommend a few watch the below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnGkcSOyCc

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 am

September Zeros wrote:
I recommend a few watch the below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnGkcSOyCc

Great stuff.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm

ronrat wrote:

Oh what an outrage! Forget your nonsense about trolls . Because you don't like a posters views on topics various, you reduce the debate to the low standard you apply to most things by saying people are trolls. Crap! Crap! A different view to your preference on topics various does not make someone a troll. So tough tits. Get over it. Now I an outraged like the majority of Pies fans that you would come on here and dare suggest that we had a gay player wearing our colours without naming them. Because the truth is we did not. Rumour and innuendo does not make it a fact. The outrageously, you went on to then say there were these mystery two gays playing for another Melbourne based club. Oh come on! What point do you possibly expect to make by saying there were anonymous gays playing for Collingwood and other clubs? It proves nothing, other than I am right about this whole thing. There were none and are none now. So stop trying to make out gays are in the AFL based on poppycock innuendo.And as for that other crap on here about a Gay Major. Oh please Lord, I have never heard so much bs in all my life. I suppose you will try and have us believe the the military promotes and encourages sex changes. Proud of my RSL values.[/quote]

Hiss, think what you like, but I swear on Collingwood and its flag hopes, that this sex change Major was on the tele, interviewed, in full bird Major Uniform, is high up in Canberra defence dept. I am not making this up, it aint bs, and I would take a stat dec that I saw the interview, she is a Major, and is highly thought of by the army, she even has decorations. It was on about three months ago, and I remember thinking the army sure has changed since WW2 when my late dad was an Officer. Im telling the truth, sorry to upset you, but its fact. Exclamation[/quote]

A Major in Canberra is not very high up. They make the tea. I am aware of a RAAF officer , same level as a Major, a having sex change but I don't recall an Army one. Decorations are given for long service etc and at that level should have done 10-15 years which would qualify plus campaign medals such as East Timor. Gallantry medals are rare.There was a civilian at Broadmeadows Army Base who had the cut and tuck a few years ago when Broady was full on and it was a circus. A lot of the civilian storemen and labourers were mediteranean descent and it took threats of sacking to stop any trouble. They had to hire a portaloo because the women wouldn't share a toilet with an exbloke. They moved her to Victoria Barracks and later laverton.My mate was Commanding Officer there and he said between the equal opportunity people, the unions (about 5 of them) and the military staff associations Beazer didn't do any real work for 2 months.

I am currently in Thailand and the difference in attitude is light years towards GLBT than it is in the Department of Defence where I worked for 34 years.

3 notable slips through the cracks were Julian knight, Derek Percy and Paul Luckman although Knight was not thought a sexual deviate the other 2 were.

Gay women have been in the military with a blind eye for generations. There is still a reluctance, as with women, to have gay men in combat roles or at the very least not in the same unit. Army practice used to be if 2 men were suspected of having an affair they would send them to other sides of the country. Say one in Adelaide and the other to Townsville.[/quote]

Look the gay lobby like you are running out of steam. I note no names have come forward about former and current gays in the AFL. Because there ain't any. You claim that the military has all these gay Major's etc. Oh crap! A media beat up doesn't constitute the truth. Gays are welcome in my view as long as they keep in inside their own bedrooms and not parade it around or take tax payers money. So 34 years in the foul public service does not qualify you as a social studies expert. Please refrain from insulting our club, our military, and RSL values by suggesting the whole planet is turning gay.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:13 pm

/popcorn
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Methinks Hiss does protest a bit much. I reckon Bertha's just a cover.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

They reckon one in 10 are gay-bi, probably no more than 1% of those ever exit the closet.

Of course there are gay-bi AFL players, I'd be very surprised if Collingwood didn't have at least one.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Hiss wrote:

You got a purdy mouth.

HEY BOY, YOU LOOK MIGHTY CUTE IN THEM JEANS!!!!

You like this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Don't crack it hiss and fall off your perch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPsYWN-mW-s

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:58 am

1061 wrote:
Don't crack it hiss and fall off your perch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPsYWN-mW-s

that's it, that's the one, I got her or his rank wrong, but that's the person I saw interviewed. I rest my case, and thanks for that. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:36 am

My Mrs reckons Matty Richardson putts from the rough, she attends a lot of upper class charity summits and such (at least that what she tells me) and the rumours are rife.

Personally I find it hard to believe, Matty always had trouble putting it between the big sticks.

You like this.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:33 am

Look the gay lobby like you are running out of steam. I note no names have come forward about former and current gays in the AFL. Because there ain't any. You claim that the military has all these gay Major's etc. Oh crap! A media beat up doesn't constitute the truth. Gays are welcome in my view as long as they keep in inside their own bedrooms and not parade it around or take tax payers money. So 34 years in the foul public service does not qualify you as a social studies expert. Please refrain from insulting our club, our military, and RSL values by suggesting the whole planet is turning gay.[/quote]

When did I say that I was a was an expert you turkey.I am a member of an RSl., that had 2 VC winners. I was merely correcting someone and adding the truth, something this website is fast running out of. And what have you done for 34 years. I said there was no gay major. It was a Squadron Leader actually. Perhaps if you had done more than evade duty all day you could understand what a rank and service is.

Sack all the public servants and it will be the likes of you who whinge when you get **** all from a government service that quite frankly you gave nothing to anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: