Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL players & the Gay Pride March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

think positive wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OF course there are, and would be Gay AFL players, anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn fool. !

Oh ok then. Lets have the names. I suspect there are none, but you seem to have fantasies that there are. Sorry disappoint but there are none because they would have come out by now. No pressure anymore. Even that American star footballer has declared he bats for the other side. So you wanting players prancing around in feathers doesn't mean there is or will be any. My old man always said that young blokes need a good beer and the right role models to get them thinking straight. And he mean't straight as in their mental thoughts. Join the Army son. See the world. Enjoy the best women and a good long hard beer. Those methods work. If we had these values today, no bloke would want to be gay.

Your dreaming, I'd bet there are at least a few, and so what? As long as they kick straight, who care how they ****?

I will walk bare bum backwards to Bourke if there are any gay players in the AFL. That's how confident I am there are none. Please stop confusing your fantasy with reality.

Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Hiss wrote:

... I will walk bare bum backwards to Bourke if there are any gay players in the AFL. That's how confident I am there are none. Please stop confusing your fantasy with reality.

Now isn't this passing strange ...

... here's what Hissles' close mate Robert Katter had to say about pooves in N Qld:

'I would walk to Bourke backwards… if the poof population of North Queensland is any more than 0.001 per cent'

Now, I'm not suggesting that they compare notes, but I also don't believe in coincidences ...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 am

Hiss wrote:
think positive wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OF course there are, and would be Gay AFL players, anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn fool. !

Oh ok then. Lets have the names. I suspect there are none, but you seem to have fantasies that there are. Sorry disappoint but there are none because they would have come out by now. No pressure anymore. Even that American star footballer has declared he bats for the other side. So you wanting players prancing around in feathers doesn't mean there is or will be any. My old man always said that young blokes need a good beer and the right role models to get them thinking straight. And he mean't straight as in their mental thoughts. Join the Army son. See the world. Enjoy the best women and a good long hard beer. Those methods work. If we had these values today, no bloke would want to be gay.

Your dreaming, I'd bet there are at least a few, and so what? As long as they kick straight, who care how they ****?

I will walk bare bum backwards to Bourke if there are any gay players in the AFL. That's how confident I am there are none. Please stop confusing your fantasy with reality.

My so called fantasies have nothing to do with it Hiss, the fact is, in footy as in any walk of life, any occupation, even in Parliament, there would and are gays, dunno how many, but they would be there. footy players are no different to any other part of society. I see in the gay pride march in melboune we now have police, and in the Sydney parade defence force personnel march too, times have changed old son, it aint the 1950s anymore, that's the gist of it. Im not gay, but I know when society changes, and moves on. even tony abbotts sister is gay, so there ya go. Exclamation Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Would having sex with David be considered same sex sex or is it borderline hetro?

I wore a skirt to a party on Saturday night, does that count? Confused

Poof!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 am

What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Would having sex with David be considered same sex sex or is it borderline hetro?

Poof!

But did he wear his girlfriend nickers or not and did she wear his?

(refer to VPT)
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 am

Oh phooey Hiss, stop dog whistling the Nick's trolls; they can troll without your deliberate incitement on this particular issue. But even if you can't imagine a footballer being gay for whatever strange reason, cast your mind back a decade or so; a gay man played for Collingwood. Yep and he played senior footy too. After Collingwood he became a coach and may still be coaching, not sure.

So there you go, a gay man pulled on the black and white jumper and there wasn't a feather, sequin or jock-strap in sight. Nobody inside the club could care less.

About the same time there were two gay players starring in the same Melbourne based AFL team. Both now enjoy lucrative careers in the media. Being gay and playing footy is really only an issue to red-necked desert-dwellers, dumb arsed fundamentalists and the fearful, closeted types who are the first to rush in to threads like these with juvenile put-downs.

I was beginning to think the worst of the homophobia was over in Australia and then I went back and read through some of the posts in this thread. Still a ways to go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:24 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Oh phooey Hiss, stop dog whistling the Nick's trolls; they can troll without your deliberate incitement on this particular issue. But even if you can't imagine a footballer being gay for whatever strange reason, cast your mind back a decade or so; a gay man played for Collingwood. Yep and he played senior footy too. After Collingwood he became a coach and may still be coaching, not sure.

So there you go, a gay man pulled on the black and white jumper and there wasn't a feather, sequin or jock-strap in sight. Nobody inside the club could care less.

About the same time there were two gay players starring in the same Melbourne based AFL team. Both now enjoy lucrative careers in the media. Being gay and playing footy is really only an issue to red-necked desert-dwellers, dumb arsed fundamentalists and the fearful, closeted types who are the first to rush in to threads like these with juvenile put-downs.

I was beginning to think the worst of the homophobia was over in Australia and then I went back and read through some of the posts in this thread. Still a ways to go.

And the Red Necked get validation because their attitudes keep these gutless men in the closet.

I have only condemnation for those not prepared to be who they are 100% of their lives.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 am

1061 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

And the Red Necked get validation because their attitudes keep these gutless men in the closet.

I have only condemnation for those not prepared to be who they are 100% of their lives.

Bit harsh calling them gutless. They know if they came out, theyd get vilified on the field from over the fence, by homophobes. As this thread shows, homophobia is alive and well, still, and we have ways to go yet. Confused Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 am

1061 wrote:

Gutless? Dude, try having the pressure of being the first openly gay footballer. None of these guys, as far as I know, ever seriously pretended to be anything they weren't (though I wouldn't blame them); they just didn't feel it was something they needed to make public. I get that they could have paved the way for future players, but take a walk in their shoes and see if you'd be willing to deal with the sledging, media obsession, public criticism, fear and prejudice that would accompany such an act.

To be honest, I'm surprised that someone who supports gay rights would take such a judgemental approach.

What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Poof!

Breeder!

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:34 pm

This reporter blows the lid of homophobia in professional football. I hope the homophobes in this thread watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olc5C4SXAYM

http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/sports-reporter-blows-lid-off-nfl-homophobia-over-sam-coming-out/118289

Quote:
TEXAN sports reporter Dale Hansen has become an overnight global sensation after voicing his support for newly-out NFL prospect Michael Sam.

He also put a spotlight on the latent homopohobia that continues to dwell within the sports world.

Responding to media reports including in Sports Illustrated where several NFL officials claimed that Sam’s decision to publicly reveal his sexuality would make other players uncomfortable, the Dallas-based reporter used his evening broadcast to launch into a smackdown of homophobia within sports.

In his “Dale Hansen: Unplugged” segment for WFAA-TV, the 30-year media veteran said it had been “quite a weekend” with Sam coming out as gay only months before the NFL Draft where he was expected to be at least a mid-round pick.

Hansen then continued: “The best defensive player in college football’s best conference only a third to fifth round NFL pick? Really? That is shocking, and I guess that other thing is, too.
 Michael Sam would be the first openly gay player in the NFL; says he knows there will be problems… and they’ve already started.

“Several NFL officials are telling Sports Illustrated it will hurt him on draft day because a gay player wouldn’t be welcome in an NFL locker room. It would be uncomfortable, because that’s a man’s world.

“You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You’re the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft.

“You kill people while driving drunk? That guy’s welcome. 
Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they’re welcome.
 Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away?
 You lie to police trying to cover up a murder?
 We’re comfortable with that.
 You love another man? Well, now you’ve gone too far.”

The sportscaster then equated existing discriminatory attitudes towards gay people as similar to how black players in the past weren’t allowed to “play in our games”.

“So many of the same people who used to make that argument (and the many who still do) are the same people who say government should stay out of our lives. But then want government in our bedrooms,” Hansen said.

“I’ve never understood how they feel “comfortable” laying claim to both sides of that argument. 
I’m not always comfortable when a man tells me he’s gay; I don’t understand his world. But I do understand that he’s part of mine.”

Hansen’s defence of Sam’s sexuality came as the University of Missouri player’s own father, Michael Sam Sr, publicly attacked his son and admitted to being shocked by the news of his coming out.

“I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr told The New York Times.

“I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment. I’m old school. I’m a man-and-a-woman type of guy.

“As a black man, we have so many hurdles to cross. This is just one he has to cross.”

Sam will enter May’s NFL Draft after being named the South Eastern Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Without naming anyone there is an ex Bomber who is known to be gay (hasn't come out as far as I know, so wont name names) and a gay guy I worked with had engaged in ummm relations with a well known Carlton player in the late 90s I believe (or early 00s). So time to cut the bum out of your best leather pants and start walking Hissy Boy.

As for "pride parades" there should be numerous Fetish parades throughout the year where practitioners dress up in their gear and show their pride in who, what or where they choose to have sex. Or maybe the whole thing is a ridiculous 'look at me' concept that stereotypes homosexuals as rampaging queens when most are normal, sane individuals who just happen to like having sex with people packing the same equipment.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:24 pm

By the way, speaking of Gays and the Military, I saw an interview recently, on ABC 24, with a Major, in the Australian Army, who was a man, but had a sex change and I now a woman. ! There "she" was on tele, in full Army Uniform, a Major, based in Canberra Defence Dept, going on about the slurs she copped in the army way back. Not sure if she is Gay or not, but just shows the Australian Army has moved on, twenty years ago, even ten, she woulda been drummed out. ! Times and attitudes change, some on here must come to terms with that.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:30 pm

As long as they behave like heterosexual people I have no problem with them.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:37 pm

There are some heterosexual people that I hope they (or anyone else) never behave like. Particularly people who state the view above unironically.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 pm

David wrote:
There are some heterosexual people that I hope they (or anyone else) never behave like. Particularly people who state the view above unironically.

Was a joke mate, our old president said a similar thing about indigenous folk.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20   

Jump to: