Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL players & the Gay Pride March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BHPIE wrote:
Dave,your last statement was something I allmost agree with and understand ,just realise how angry and pissed ppl get with homophobic reactions and remember ppl who dont agree with gays ,but dont really care get just as pissed off with the constant bombardment of ppl trying to force their veiws down your throat (no pun intended) , now I really dont care if ppl are gay or not,but Iwill not sit by with stupid comments about our Diggers and other statements that get my back up .

If ppl are happy being gay good on em, get on with their lives instead of tryin to be in ya face all the time,now Idont even know if your gay or not but it doesnt matter,I hope you are happy either way,, and it has never been my intention to hurt anyone and if I have then it wasnt intented,..but Im an eye for a eye type of bloke , if Im pushed, i push back,Oh and the satement of natural was back flipped to say, OK even IF its part of nature which I dispute anyway ,then I argue on that front ,hell ill argue on any front.

It's good you've had time to reflect. Of course soldiers will engage in same sex, all the more when you're lumped together for a lot of time away from the usual life & face extraordinary stress & are usually young. This has zero to to with "our diggers" because our diggers like all soldiers include: heterosexual, homosexual & transgender folk. Like the rest of the population the last two being in a minority however.

Seriously though, I believe same sex acts were not uncommon in the types of circumstances noted without being homosexual. This is not a slur on soldiers.

Anyways, I'm told you have a lovely bunch of coconuts Wink Razz

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:18 pm

The only soldiers that would have same sex sex would be that way inclined anyway, and that , no doubt would have happened ,but to suggest it was rife and by hetro men is stupidity and has no proof or facts to back it up.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 pm

BHPIE wrote:
The only soldiers that would have same sex sex would be that way inclined anyway, and that , no doubt would have happened ,but to suggest it was rife and by hetro men is stupidity and has no proof or facts to back it up.

I didn't say it was rife but it used to be looked on differently & it was not uncommon. It certainly did happen. Read Gore Vidal (amongst others). To say having same sex sex only ever occurred between homosexuals is being naive.

(I'll do some more research & get back to you).

My old school Motto & school song was "onwards & upwards & may the pillars be behind you" Wink

Melbourne Boys High School - lost a few in WW1, WW2 etc. & had ex natios' do their HSC after Vietnam. Mind you I was too young & too straight to survey them at the time.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Would having sex with David be considered same sex sex or is it borderline hetro?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Just a quick google search came up with this:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/a-secret-history-of-sexuality-on-the-front-20121220-2bp9m.html

Also:

Soldiers with conventional domestic lives found the baths a convenient place for sleep, showers, and sex. The general habitus were a mix of every sort of ...

From a Biography of Gore Vidal:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=-cauzQyhd5kC&pg=PA188&lpg=PA188&dq=gore+vidal+on+sex+between+soldiers&source=bl&ots=HMbFJPzaDk&sig=pz4g3Yay1vSCuOkxG5xzBww2Aa4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ekH4Uv3zFcjdkgXW6oHIDg&ved=0CEwQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=gore%20vidal%20on%20sex%20between%20soldiers&f=false

Interesting read age 248:

The criminalisation of homosexuality & homosexual acts was linked to the McCarthy witch hunts to root out commies, gays etc ...

"In short, the regulations do not penalize soldiers for engaging in [same-sex] acts; they penalize soldiers who have engaged in [same-sex] acts only when the Army decides that those soldiers are actually gay.52 The distinction between an act..."

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=1YR8plajhwIC&pg=PA248&dq=non+homosexual+same+sex+between+soldiers&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dkL4UqaBNM6UkgWqvYDQCw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=non%20homosexual%20same%20sex%20between%20soldiers&f=false

(I'll be adding more)

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:59 pm

BHPIE wrote:
Dave,your last statement was something I allmost agree with and understand ,just realise how angry and pissed ppl get with homophobic reactions and remember ppl who dont agree with gays ,but dont really care get just as pissed off with the constant bombardment of ppl trying to force their veiws down your throat (no pun intended) , now I really dont care if ppl are gay or not,but Iwill not sit by with stupid comments about our Diggers and other statements that get my back up .

If ppl are happy being gay good on em, get on with their lives instead of tryin to be in ya face all the time,now Idont even know if your gay or not but it doesnt matter,I hope you are happy either way,, and it has never been my intention to hurt anyone and if I have then it wasnt intented,..but Im an eye for a eye type of bloke , if Im pushed, i push back,Oh and the satement of natural was back flipped to say, OK even IF its part of nature which I dispute anyway ,then I argue on that front ,hell ill argue on any front.

No worriesI appreciate your clarification. For me, it depends on what you mean by "bombardment". If it were people literally grabbing you by your shoulders and screaming "I'm gay" in your face for hours on end, that could be pretty annoying. But when it comes to things that actually happen, like gay people appearing on TV, in movies or in advertising, couples holding hands in public or people holding street marches to celebrate their lifestyle, I think that's a good and important thing because it means they don't have to be ashamed of their sexuality or consider it something worth hiding. It's important to know you're not alone.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:43 pm

collie dog wrote:
I still don't know why this thread is not in VPT. Confused

It is all about politics (sexual) and not football! Each to their own (sexual) preference, but politics ruins everything. Just ask the Greeks. Razz

You STILL don't know why this topic isn't in VPT eh Collie? Whoops. Say hello to Jack next time you take a shower together.

As for you Hiss, I saw you and Bert....I mean Bertha at a game last year. How much did it cost for Bertha's Bangkok operation? Mighty fine job for sure, but you should remind her to wear the gloves. Nobody reads my posts so don't worry, your secret is safe with my partner and I and anyways, you two are just as good as the rest of us.

As for you David, Tannin and WPT, chiding BHPie, you're such meanies. Why can't you just leave him alone to (I'm a dinosaur)-bash till his heart's content? You know ultra-right-wing fundamentalists aren't very bright; they're the sort of people who believe changing the law will mean jock-strap clad roller-bladers or 'Brokeback Cowboys' in arseless-chaps invading their suburbs the next day. Can't ya just back off?

I shouldn't just argue that amending the law for marriage equality is the right thing to do, or that it will make life more bearable for lonely men in hick-desert-towns in outback Australia, worthy reasons to be sure, but there's a better reason; I wanna see BHpie's head explode like a bag full of shit dropped from a helicopter.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:02 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

There is a very strange thing going on here. A few posters appear to have a total obsession with gays and their sexual habits. I am inclined to wonder why? Get this stupid thread and the posters I refer to above out of this site before more people leave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:43 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
There is a very strange thing going on here. A few posters appear to have a total obsession with gays and their sexual habits. I am inclined to wonder why? Get this stupid thread and the posters I refer to above out of this site before more people leave.

Strange times indeed hey Hissa.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Nah Dave its the later, the constant whinging and whinning ie Mrs Applebee ,Though I did find the helicopter jibe rather humorous, I can just sit back and rest my case now Mrs applebee,...thank you, I guess this makes you a homophoicphob.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:26 pm

The thread has grown legs & was all about 2 Footy players joining the Gay pride march about 12 months ago.

A gentle pulling of Hiss's leg has assisted but not caused the thread to move.

However, regardless & dare I say "moving forward" (oh how I hate that term), the thread should stick to it's origins. This will be more pertinent when the AFL gay round or whatever it's called will be an event in 2014 tokenistic or not.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:13 pm

OF course there are, and would be Gay AFL players, anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn fool. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Would having sex with David be considered same sex sex or is it borderline hetro?

I wore a skirt to a party on Saturday night, does that count? Confused

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
OF course there are, and would be Gay AFL players, anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn fool. !

Oh ok then. Lets have the names. I suspect there are none, but you seem to have fantasies that there are. Sorry disappoint but there are none because they would have come out by now. No pressure anymore. Even that American star footballer has declared he bats for the other side. So you wanting players prancing around in feathers doesn't mean there is or will be any. My old man always said that young blokes need a good beer and the right role models to get them thinking straight. And he mean't straight as in their mental thoughts. Join the Army son. See the world. Enjoy the best women and a good long hard beer. Those methods work. If we had these values today, no bloke would want to be gay.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:22 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Oh ok then. Lets have the names. I suspect there are none, but you seem to have fantasies that there are. Sorry disappoint but there are none because they would have come out by now. No pressure anymore. Even that American star footballer has declared he bats for the other side. So you wanting players prancing around in feathers doesn't mean there is or will be any. My old man always said that young blokes need a good beer and the right role models to get them thinking straight. And he mean't straight as in their mental thoughts. Join the Army son. See the world. Enjoy the best women and a good long hard beer. Those methods work. If we had these values today, no bloke would want to be gay.

Your dreaming, I'd bet there are at least a few, and so what? As long as they kick straight, who care how they ****?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20   

Jump to: