Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL players & the Gay Pride March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I guess that's as close to a classy comment as we are gonna get from you on this one eh Jack?

Oh well, its a broad church the ole Collingwood FC.

Great to see the AFL associated with this event; one can only wish the evening ends with a good old effigy burning of Aker!

Hey, everyone watches Modern Family now and loves it. Gay rights are so "yesterday". Freedom of expression is the right under severe threat in this country now.

I look forward to a day when gay rights are indeed 'yesterday'; when, for instance, same-sex couples in long-term relationships are no longer treated as second-class citizens. That day hasn't arrived yet. Nobody's forcing you to march with them, Jack (though perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea if you consider gay rights to be so worthy of universal acceptance!).

Last edited by David on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

VicParkTragic wrote:
Hiss wrote:
These marches are a direct attack on the ANZAC traditions and a disgrace to the hetrosexuals in our community. Why do these nancy types feel the need to parade so much? In my view they only bring unnecessary attention upon themselves. And they attack anyone who dares to criticise their behaviour. Bring on a referendum to deal with this problem once and for all.

Could I point out that, on average, 10% of the ANZACS would have been homosexual?

Proof please. You start the 2013 season on Nicks by spewing bile false assertions about the ANZAC legend.

If it is good enough for Bob Katter to say there are no gays in his electorate , then it is good enough for Australians to accept the truth that there were no ANZAC gays. Both are wonderful Australian legends.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 pm

What's the gay and lesbian demographic in Corio, Hiss? Razz

Are you certain that Bertha hasn't been prone to the odd experimentation?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
VicParkTragic wrote:
Hiss wrote:
These marches are a direct attack on the ANZAC traditions and a disgrace to the hetrosexuals in our community. Why do these nancy types feel the need to parade so much? In my view they only bring unnecessary attention upon themselves. And they attack anyone who dares to criticise their behaviour. Bring on a referendum to deal with this problem once and for all.

Could I point out that, on average, 10% of the ANZACS would have been homosexual?

Proof please. You start the 2013 season on Nicks by spewing bile false assertions about the ANZAC legend.

If it is good enough for Bob Katter to say there are no gays in his electorate , then it is good enough for Australians to accept the truth that there were no ANZAC gays. Both are wonderful Australian legends.

Shocked Shocked Does Bob Katter go around his electorate peering thru peoples bedroom windows, to make sure there are no gays. ?? I cant think of how else he would arrive at that remarkable conclusion. Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Ho hum. Does anyone really care anymore? The only people making an issue out of sexual identity these days are people with a chip on their shoulder.

Your knuckles are dragging along the ground again Jack.
Many people care that the civil rights of a significant number of Australian citizens are being denied. You either believe in equality or you don't. It seems you don't.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Gay rompers imop, should hide in the dark cracks they crawl out of,bring on a referendum ,all ya gay lovers would get a shock.
drfranger 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 pm

It makes me sick, swanning up and down a public street - awful and unnatural. In my day it would have prompted a beating. What message does it send to children having a Carlton player out and about like that?

Seriously though this is a good thing.

It's a shame the AFL hasn't been at the forefront on Gay rights as it was with racism, but this is good. I still hear way too much homophobic abuse at the footy.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm

BHPIE wrote:
Gay rompers imop, should hide in the dark cracks they crawl out of,bring on a referendum ,all ya gay lovers would get a shock.

It is you country hicks that are going to get a shock my friend. Bring on the referendum! Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 pm

BHPIE wrote:

Oh yeah, you Broken Hill homophobes are totally in the majority here. Laughing

Check the polls, my friend. 60% in support of gay marriage; a good proportion of those who aren't don't really have an issue with homosexuals. Your lot are a dying breed — thank god!

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm

I've been to Broken Hill. Nice place but too many gays for my liking.
laird 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 pm

drfranger wrote:
It makes me sick, swanning up and down a public street - awful and unnatural. In my day it would have prompted a beating. What message does it send to children having a Carlton player out and about like that?

It's a shame the AFL hasn't been at the forefront on Gay rights as it was with racism, but this is good. I still hear way too much homophobic abuse at the footy.

+1

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:08 pm

drfranger wrote:

I am totally opposed to gays. Full stop.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Pink Magpies Supporter Group

The Pink Magpies is a group of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer-friendly men, women and family members who support COLLINGWOOD FC with passion, pride and FLAIR.

The Pink Magpies aim to maintain a community presence as a vibrant social group within the COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB and encourage membership to support the Club and to swell the numbers of the Mighty Magpie Army, SIDE by SIDE, in the March to October 2011 and beyond.

We are one of many supporter groups that contribute to the rich culture and inspiring diversity of COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB.

We encourage and support any current and past CFC players, officials, staff, members or supporters, without prejudice and vilification.

We are the only gay supporters group in the AFL.

We meet socially as a group. Some of us choose to sit together at home and away games and travel to interstate matches as a flock. We host fundraising functions to sponsor a CFC player.

We welcome interstate and international membership.

Raise the Flag and show our true colours by joining THE PINK MAGPIES.

Pink Magpies membership info : CLICK HERE

Membership form : CLICK HERE

Pink Magpies Daniel Grey, Ian Bell and Jeremy Glover pictured with Collingwood president Eddie McGuire (third from left). Photo: Pat Scala

Gay-friendly Pink Magpies hoping membership soars

Quote:
IT IS a little-known fact that Eddie McGuire endorsed the appointment of another Magpie president earlier this year. When he did, 61-year-old Ian Bell, a visual artist who came out as a gay man at age 40 when still married to the mother of his two children, became head of the revived Pink Magpies, the only coterie of its kind in the AFL.
In their membership flyers, the Pink Magpies describe themselves as a GLBTIQ-friendly football supporter group. In long form, that's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer-friendly. Men, women and families are also welcome.

Read more...

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:45 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

die4pies wrote:
Pink Magpies Supporter Group

The Pink Magpies is a group of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer-friendly men, women and family members who support COLLINGWOOD FC with passion, pride and FLAIR.

The Pink Magpies aim to maintain a community presence as a vibrant social group within the COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB and encourage membership to support the Club and to swell the numbers of the Mighty Magpie Army, SIDE by SIDE, in the March to October 2011 and beyond.

We are one of many supporter groups that contribute to the rich culture and inspiring diversity of COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB.

We encourage and support any current and past CFC players, officials, staff, members or supporters, without prejudice and vilification.

We are the only gay supporters group in the AFL.

We meet socially as a group. Some of us choose to sit together at home and away games and travel to interstate matches as a flock. We host fundraising functions to sponsor a CFC player.

We welcome interstate and international membership.

Raise the Flag and show our true colours by joining THE PINK MAGPIES.

Pink Magpies membership info : CLICK HERE

Membership form : CLICK HERE

Pink Magpies Daniel Grey, Ian Bell and Jeremy Glover pictured with Collingwood president Eddie McGuire (third from left). Photo: Pat Scala

Gay-friendly Pink Magpies hoping membership soars

Quote:
IT IS a little-known fact that Eddie McGuire endorsed the appointment of another Magpie president earlier this year. When he did, 61-year-old Ian Bell, a visual artist who came out as a gay man at age 40 when still married to the mother of his two children, became head of the revived Pink Magpies, the only coterie of its kind in the AFL.
In their membership flyers, the Pink Magpies describe themselves as a GLBTIQ-friendly football supporter group. In long form, that's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer-friendly. Men, women and families are also welcome.

Read more...

Here we go again. In our faces again. Why I ask why? I will never understand why gays want to make such an issue of their sexuality? Does Collingwood want a hetrosexual coterie that is distinguished by its members promoting their sexual preference? It would seem ridiculous.I have no issue with gay people but I don't agree with their choice but in their own private homes no issue with what goes on.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

It would be good to see some Collingwood players march in this parade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20   

Jump to: