Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report- Family Day- 2nd February 2013

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon all.

How did Martin and Dwyer go? I haven't heard or seen much about either of them since coming on board.

Cheers
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the updates Lad Smile

I didn't attend the family day this morning and I was curious to find out how the boys trained. Sounds like the new recruits are training very well. What made you very impressed by Clinton Young?

Good afternoon Mr Jezza.

New recruits trained very well.

Clinton Young is quick and a penetrating kick. Can opposing sides shut down all of him, H-Bomb, Shawry and Johnno running out of defence?

I'm really keen to see Young kicking 'over the lines' to our tall forwards.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Very Happy thanks for the report Sir W.L. and Albert Parker + contribution by others, did anyone spot Josh Thomas? The set plays are they set up to get the ball wide or go up the middle with Swanny Seedsman or Young (or other
designated kicker? (Maybe I'm asking for too much here!)
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks Mr Warburton Lad and Albert Parker... great reports. Good to hear re previously injured players joining in... hoping for a few more to join shortly to get that rehab group back to a lonely place.

Encouraging re Young. We may just have snagged him at the peak of his powers, and benefited from the now infamous hawthorn salary cap squeeze...

Also hope and feel that we are carefully managing key players through even the pre season, to get them cherry ripe and avoid some late season fatigue. Would like to think that players such as Harry and beams are resting a bit, rather than overcoming something more serious. Any feedback more than welcome.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Underdog wrote:
Thanks warburton lad, great read as always

It sounds like Paul Seedsman is going to have a break out season, everything I have read about him this year has been outstanding

Good afternoon, Mr Underdog.

I'm confident Seedsman will have a breakout year. He has developed physically and is prepared to match it one on one with his opponent.

In my view, he is being prepared to play both on-ball and defensive roles.
His work at half back today was very impressive.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm

woftam wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Frost did a Good Job or Cloke I thought. Spoiled some balls when 1 on 1 with Cloke

I thought Frosty was quite impressive too DTM. Had the smarts not to try to body Cloke but rather stayed behind but with touch on the opponent.
For once I disagree with the Lad.
I thought Hudson & Jolly broke even.
Beamsy also left the track early after talking to the physio
Young was impressive with his pace & kicking & Q Stick gave a contest & was too big for Maxy

I agree with you Mr Woftam on Frost. This may well be the advantage of recruiting a player that's had a bit of senior footy experience. He is a thumping kick too which impresses me a great deal.

Beamsy and Daisy walked around the boundary near us; it's well known that Daisy has the ankle issue. Less clear to me what Beams' problem is...

I respect your opinion on Hudson Mr Woftam. In retrospect, he was not so much dominated by Jolly but unable to truly assert himself. Either way, we have an authentic support in terms of ruck man if needs be.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Rick wrote:
Good afternoon all.

How did Martin and Dwyer go? I haven't heard or seen much about either of them since coming on board.

Cheers

Good afternoon Mr Rick. You were great in 'Casablanca'.

Martin is an impressive physical specimen. He worked very hard in the rehab group and later was involved in some of the less taxing drills later. His skills are most impressive.

Dwyer is a very good depth player who can run fast and get his own ball. Not sure who he would displace in our best 22.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Mossi wrote:
Very Happy thanks for the report Sir W.L. and Albert Parker + contribution by others, did anyone spot Josh Thomas? The set plays are they set up to get the ball wide or go up the middle with Swanny Seedsman or Young (or other
designated kicker? (Maybe I'm asking for too much here!)

Good afternoon Mr Mossi.

Josh Thomas was in the rehab group but appeared to have no obvious injury. He worked very hard on the close proximity ball handling which saw the ball being drilled at him very hard. He has excellent reflexes and sure hands.

The designated kicker was mostly Young, but H and Seedsman and Shawry were also used. When Swan was on Sidebottom he would work very hard to get to the opposite flank and be the "exit" option. In other words Mr Mossi, we practised a number of options out of defence.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:19 pm

[quote="Mossi"]Very Happy thanks for the report Sir W.L.

Last edited by warburton lad on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Oops. Too much data.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Thanks Mr Warburton Lad and Albert Parker... great reports. Good to hear re previously injured players joining in... hoping for a few more to join shortly to get that rehab group back to a lonely place.

Encouraging re Young. We may just have snagged him at the peak of his powers, and benefited from the now infamous hawthorn salary cap squeeze...

Also hope and feel that we are carefully managing key players through even the pre season, to get them cherry ripe and avoid some late season fatigue. Would like to think that players such as Harry and beams are resting a bit, rather than overcoming something more serious. Any feedback more than welcome.

Thank you cityslick1. I concur with your observation that we are managing the players through this preseason.

Agree about Young. Hawthorns ultra tight salary cap may work to our benefit with the acquisition of Clinton Young who looks a beauty!

Not sure if Buttifant was there today but the approach to the preseason of all players seems to be very, very cautious with a great deal of 'lighter' programmes ( less running etcetera) replaced with intense ball-handling work and extended sessions with the boxing gloves.

Roll on March 31!!!!!

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 pm

cheers for the reports all, good to have thoughts of many.

As usual great report Lad!

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:18 pm

thanks Lad , DTM and everyone else who contributes. Living interstate means we don't get much information and I love these reports
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:40 pm

think better wrote:
thanks Lad , DTM and everyone else who contributes. Living interstate means we don't get much information and I love these reports

Good afternoon Mr Think Better.

These reports are a pleasure to provide to our fellow Magpies. Similarly, I really appreciate the photos that are often provided of the boys on the track.

Side by side.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm

W Lad, you're not only knowledgable , you have a nice writing style.Craig Kelly as an orthodontist; that cost him 5 weeks in 1992. Also, I liked your reference to "Casablanca".
Lad, do you know what's really wrong with Grundy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: