Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best 3 recruits this year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinger wrote:
1. Ball - his inclusion frees up Beams and Swan
2. Hudson - finally a quality ruck backup for Jolly
3. Macaffer - missed his forward pressure and tackling in 2012

Actual recruits

1. Hudson - see above
2. Grundy - All Australian u18 ruckman for the past two years. Not expecting him to set the world on fire this year but I look foward to seeing him in Black & White for the next 10 years. A Grundy/Witts combination - noice.
3. Q-stick. A forward target that can actually kick goals. Now that would be something.

Just a gentle reminder that Cloke still finished fifth in the goal kicking!!! Unless of course you're having a shot at Dawes.... and that would probably be fair enough.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Stinger wrote:
1. Ball - his inclusion frees up Beams and Swan
2. Hudson - finally a quality ruck backup for Jolly
3. Macaffer - missed his forward pressure and tackling in 2012

Actual recruits

1. Hudson - see above
2. Grundy - All Australian u18 ruckman for the past two years. Not expecting him to set the world on fire this year but I look foward to seeing him in Black & White for the next 10 years. A Grundy/Witts combination - noice.
3. Q-stick. A forward target that can actually kick goals. Now that would be something.

Just a gentle reminder that Cloke still finished fifth in the goal kicking!!! Unless of course you're having a shot at Dawes.... and that would probably be fair enough.

Dare say it's directed at Dawes for the most part but Cloke had a poor season for his standards despite his numbers, struggled to play well vs quality sides and beat up on the minnows.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm

I should have added that I too am pretty excited by the prospect of having the Q stick down forward. A little worried that they will try to put him into the role that Dawes was trying to play. Let's be honest Lynch hasn't played that role ever and to try the same tactic with another would seem lunacy.

Let's hope (repeat HOPE) that Witts, Hudson and Grundy can lift sufficiently to provide the right type of backup for Jolly when needed. If that happens we look a bucket load stronger.... especially if Lynch can stay forward most of the time.

Man.... it's only January but I'm already getting the itch to watch footy.... stilll couldn't give a fat rats clacker about the give's a crap cup but... only four weeks to go people!

Go Pies.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Close to 150 hitouts in 2009, the lad can ruck if he has to.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

1: T. Cloke
2: Q. Lynch
3: L. Keefe
4: L. Ball
5: D. Thomas

Cloke to play like Cloke - not like that other dud we saw for most of last year. Cloke in full flight is awesome.

Lynch to play like Lynch, which is to say take some grabs, kick some goals, and punish sides unmercifully on the scoreboard when they leave him to double-team Cloke.

Keefe to force his way back in and become an automatic pick every week. I don't know what role he is going to play, and I can't quite see where he fits in, but I'm backing him to find a spot and make it his own. Just one thing: young players just back from a knee reco usually struggle for a year or so. I hope this does not apply to Keefe!

Ball. 'Nuff said. Well, I'll add that I see a role for him in the forward pocket as well as in the guts, 'cause Ball is capable of kicking quite a few from down there, and showing a lot of leadership, and of providing an extra dose of rock-hard inside play and sudden-death tackling to make other teams fear our pressure once again.

Thomas: played like an injured man for most of last year. Good enough to win a Brownlow. Could this be his year?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I'm hoping 2013 sees Dids return to close to his best. This seems to be the first injury free pre-season he's had for about 4 or 5 years, so here's hoping.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm hoping 2013 sees Dids return to close to his best. This seems to be the first injury free pre-season he's had for about 4 or 5 years, so here's hoping.

Hate to say it but I think 2013 will be a similar year to 2010 where regular senior players were squeezed out. It might be a lean year for Dids and Johno if they get injured early.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 pm

I don't think the contested game these days suits Dids. He needs space to show his wares. Problem is it's difficult to find it against the top teams these days. Pressure on the ball carrier is constant.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Ball will be a massive inclusion into the team this season. We missed his in-and-under work and his on-field leadership was obviously not present either. Hudson is going to be a great back-up to Jolly. It works well and we know that Jolly won't play every single match for the year, but we need him to stay fit when it matters most.

The jury is still out on Macaffer because he's missed a lot of footy in the past two seasons, but if he can replicate what he did in late 2010 which helped us win the flag, then we'll be laughing and smiling with joy. I just hope he has no setbacks this year.

Grundy is going to be a superb player. I'm not expecting too much this season. I think he may play a few matches, but hopefully he plays blinders in the VFL. He's going to be our main ruckman of the future along with Witts.

Lynch will be another good forward option along with Cloke. It'll free up Cloke somewhat with Lynch now in the team. I wonder if Lynch will also do some small rucking-duties along with Jolly and Hudson.

Young will be a good recruit without being outstanding. He's never been an outstanding player, but he is consistent and he does have a booming left foot. I think he'll be a great player to use for our kick-ins. Kick-ins was one of major weaknesses last year, so he could potentially solve this problem we had in 2012.

Russell could be anything. He could be a great recruit and be rejuvenated after a few poor years at Carlton. He could either be a dud, or reproduce his form that got him 2nd in the Scum's best and fairest in 2010.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I hope Caff plays in the forward line. I know it's been two years since he has played, but I remember all too well how quick the guy is on the lead.
Will be nice to have that option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: