Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brief training report. Wednesday 16th January

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Underdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

love your work WL
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks Laddy.

As usual, it was a pleasure reading your insightful reports.

Condolences over your family's sad loss.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 pm

bennymac1 wrote:
great info warburton lad, hows clarkey been traveling??? he seems to have trimmed up a bit since last home, hopefully he'll get a shot at a run with tagging role as he has the engine and endurance to suit, its make or break for him this year i'ed say, and i think he knows it himself, as he choose not to come home during the off season, he wanted to stay in melbourne to get a bit of extra work done, and he never ventured home for christmas also, just hope he gets a good start to the season and nails down a place in the 22 (its not going to be easy) but as long as he gives it a good lash.
keep the info coming lad great work

My pleasure Mr Bennymac1.

I spent three glorious weeks in your beautiful country in September /October. Was in Dublin the glorious Sunday afternoon when Kilkenny Cats beat the Men of Galway in the Hurling final. The crowds striding away rom Croke Park that day were just as passionate about their sport as we are about AFL.

Marty Clarke is a man from your county and he seems to be in fine fettle. I hope that he has a big year. He showed on ANZAC Day last year what he is capable of.

I will never forget the peaceful time spent in County Wicklow at the ruins of the church of St Stephen at Glendalough. When people describe Ireland as 'God's own country' , they underestimate the truth of that reality by half.

If you ever venture to this part of the world, come and join the Magpie Army in the Ponsford, our little peace of Heaven.

Cead mile failte!!!!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Great stuff WL, thoroughly enjoy your reports.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:43 pm

warburton lad wrote:

What I meant about Witts is that he seems to have learnt how to position his body so that he can get first hands on the ball at each contest.

As others have noted, he does not get very far off the ground, but his sheer girth troubled Hudson a great deal. To Hudsons credit, he was very encouraging of Witts.
A few older Pies fans were in awe of the ability of Witts to palm the ball to a teammate.

What Witts does well is protect the 'drop-zone: this is to say, when the ball comes to ground from a ruck contest/ball-up, he makes a space for his rovers/ ruck rovers to come through the pack.

He is one big unit, but he can play well. The improvement is evident and one hopes it translates into a bonus for the playing rout.

It was a shame Grundie was walking laps today. To my untrained eye he may have OP... Hope I'm wrong. Would loved to have seen these two boys go for it in rucking contests.

Thanks for that, if he was troubling Hudson, that's a great sign.

With his height and reach and considerable girth, if he can learn to use those assets as you describe, he doesn't need to jump.

bennymac1 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm

warburton lad wrote:
bennymac1 wrote:
great info warburton lad, hows clarkey been traveling??? he seems to have trimmed up a bit since last home, hopefully he'll get a shot at a run with tagging role as he has the engine and endurance to suit, its make or break for him this year i'ed say, and i think he knows it himself, as he choose not to come home during the off season, he wanted to stay in melbourne to get a bit of extra work done, and he never ventured home for christmas also, just hope he gets a good start to the season and nails down a place in the 22 (its not going to be easy) but as long as he gives it a good lash.
keep the info coming lad great work

My pleasure Mr Bennymac1.

I spent three glorious weeks in your beautiful country in September /October. Was in Dublin the glorious Sunday afternoon when Kilkenny Cats beat the Men of Galway in the Hurling final. The crowds striding away rom Croke Park that day were just as passionate about their sport as we are about AFL.

Marty Clarke is a man from your county and he seems to be in fine fettle. I hope that he has a big year. He showed on ANZAC Day last year what he is capable of.

I will never forget the peaceful time spent in County Wicklow at the ruins of the church of St Stephen at Glendalough. When people describe Ireland as 'God's own country' , they underestimate the truth of that reality by half.

If you ever venture to this part of the world, come and join the Magpie Army in the Ponsford, our little peace of Heaven.

Cead mile failte!!!!

glad to here you enjoyed your time in ireland lad and to be in dublin on any all ireland final day is an experience in itself, passion in are games is something we share with the afl, fans and players alike, players that have been drafted as a rookie and made it on there clubs senior list and went on to have a great careers at the one club would share the same passion as any gaa player would about there clubs and county, and for you to experience it at first hand must of been great.

wicklow is a lovely part of the world, and their mountains looking over dublin is a beautiful site and to get the chance to see more must of been great!

as for the martin man i hope thats the road they go down for him, as you say he showed on ANZAC on stanton would he could be capable of, but consistency is a big thing for martin i just hope he get a good run of games and can back them up with solid performances and that should set him up nicely for a good season, we'll find out in the not to distance future what the season will hold for him Very Happy

ventured a few seasons ago and took in 3 games which i enjoyed bigtime, its something i would love to do again but with money issues £££££(it takes lots to get there) and family its just a'nt possible, will just have to make do with espn and the early rise's to support the boys in the black and white Smile
Slan go foill, mo chara

Tpaxava 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:55 am
Post subject: Re: Brief training report. Wednesday 16th JanuaryReply with quote

Amazing work Mr Lad!! Your training reports got me through the off season last year and it is great to see that you are doing them again this year. Very Happy
warburton lad wrote:
Maxwell continues to show ENORMOUS leadership on the track. The amount of times he gets around his teammates and gives them a pat on the back or a word of encouragement is something to be seen. We are blessed to have him.

Best captain in the AFL. I can't believe there are people out there that would like him to step down in 2013... Shocked
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for the reports. Great to hear so much positivity but the sheer number in rehab has to be a worry. Could be a rough start to the year?

Now, is it just me or is the club almost hiding training at the moment. I would have thought they would have every single training session planned out between now and the start of the NAB cup but they seem to only be announcing the training sessions a day or two in advance, sometimes less. Anyone know if it's deliberate to keep people away? For those of us who can't change plans in 10 seconds it makes planning to attend a bloody pain in the butt!

Regardless, getting pumped for this year. Feels like there is a great vibe down at the club at the moment. They look very very relaxed.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Brief training report. Wednesday 16th JanuaryReply with quote

Tpaxava wrote:
Amazing work Mr Lad!! Your training reports got me through the off season last year and it is great to see that you are doing them again this year. Very Happy
warburton lad wrote:
Maxwell continues to show ENORMOUS leadership on the track. The amount of times he gets around his teammates and gives them a pat on the back or a word of encouragement is something to be seen. We are blessed to have him.

Best captain in the AFL. I can't believe there are people out there that would like him to step down in 2013... Shocked

Thank you Tpaxava. My pleasure to share what I see with my own eyes.

The working week should be two days and the weekends should be five days; Carlton supporters should neither be seen nor heard and the gap between seasons of AFL should be no more than twenty weeks.

Other than these small changes, I have no complaints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: