Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Two years on....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm
Post subject: Two years on....Reply with quote

Well it's been two seasons now and memories change relatively quickly.

What sticks in your mind as the moment that you would describe AFL Grand Final Replay Day 2010.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZOUEGuyvs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7bIqkN9Tw

I think mine will always be that moment of lul after the players left the arena. And the feeling of absolute satisfaction that we had seen our boys win a flag... and then the real party which begun outside and into Ammi park.

Has any ever not thought of the day now everytime Lionel comes on the radio/at a party?

Great memories.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am
Post subject: Re: Two years on....Reply with quote

favourites 2008 wrote:
Well it's been two seasons now and memories change relatively quickly.

What sticks in your mind as the moment that you would describe AFL Grand Final Replay Day 2010.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZOUEGuyvs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7bIqkN9Tw

I think mine will always be that moment of lul after the players left the arena. And the feeling of absolute satisfaction that we had seen our boys win a flag... and then the real party which begun outside and into Ammi park.

Has any ever not thought of the day now everytime Lionel comes on the radio/at a party?

Great memories.

How sweet it is!

Loved watching that again

Thanks for that Fav's

I'm greedy, I wanna another one this year.

Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The best GF smother ever! Heater must have been wearing his studded slippers for Nick the Dick to not hear him coming
WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 am

I still day dream about 1990,,,
I here elton john i think of darren millane.
I ve always lived in the past.
Lionel richie always reminds me of that special day,the smother by heath shaw,the didak goal,who will ever forget.
I was sad when players like mcguane,monkhurst,francis,russell,manson were traded out years after,more tragic wellingham and dawes so soon.
But all part of the fututre,and keeping cloke.
We did recruit some aged experience,but time will tell.
The celebrations after 2010 and 1990 were wild,but at victoria park 1990,was the party of all partys.
So many things bring up memories from so many collingwood based things.
This is why we are such a unique club.

Oh well geelong have meat loaf to sit back and ponder,lol.
Glad it isnt in my dreams

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 am

WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC wrote:
I still day dream about 1990,,,
I here elton john i think of darren millane.
I ve always lived in the past.
Lionel richie always reminds me of that special day,the smother by heath shaw,the didak goal,who will ever forget.
I was sad when players like mcguane,monkhurst,francis,russell,manson were traded out years after,more tragic wellingham and dawes so soon.
But all part of the fututre,and keeping cloke.
We did recruit some aged experience,but time will tell.
The celebrations after 2010 and 1990 were wild,but at victoria park 1990,was the party of all partys.
So many things bring up memories from so many collingwood based things.
This is why we are such a unique club.

Oh well geelong have meat loaf to sit back and ponder,lol.
Glad it isnt in my dreams

Beautifully said... 1990 had me in tears, 2010 made me feel superior to everyone else... what will 2013 make me feel like? I'm guessing "its our right" to be number 1.
ip address 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 am
Post subject: You TubeReply with quote

favourites 2008

These videos you created were the BEST!!
So much so that at the time I bought some software on-line that would be able to convert it and then burn it to a DVD format so I could watch it on the big screen TV and I have it now forever.
It is great viewing with the sound cranked up.
I eagerly hoped that there would be a 2011 version but alas it wasn't to be.
However, I still hang out for your next masterpiece when we win again.
I can feel it .....
It's coming real soon.
Thanks again. It's a great memento to complement my DVD of the game.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Sadly myself and the guys I went with made the stupid decision to not go to AAMI Park - massive mistake! That sometimes pops into my head but as my brother always reminds me... one things stands above everything else " we were there brother, we saw the Pies win a premiership".

I remember just being in disbelief that we were even there. I remember sitting down when we arrived just thinking "oh sh**".... we happened to be in the bay that had the front half Pies fans and the back half Saints fans. Was dreading if we didn't win.... glad I didn't have to deal with that.

I remember not believing we had in the bag until Dids smother and goal. I remember thinking "no way, no way, no way", then looking down and seeing the goal umpire not moving from the centre of the goals and then screaming "yes, yes, yes" as I finally believed that we had "it" in the bag.

And finally I just remember the joy on everyone's faces - and not being able to wipe the smile off my face. I can still channel that pure unadulterated joy. What an amazing day? We can only hope we experience something similar again soon.

Go Pies. Side by Side.

Alien 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Dougie Barwicks goal sealing it for us in 1990
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Alien wrote:

In 2010, it would have been Daisy's goal early in the last quarter that put our minds at ease and we had it won. It was at that time when Ed began to cry with tears of joy Very Happy

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
Alien wrote:

In 2010, it would have been Daisy's goal early in the last quarter that put our minds at ease and we had it won. It was at that time when Ed began to cry with tears of joy Very Happy

It came a lot earlier for mine.... those 3 goals on the trot in the third from Dawes, Wellingham and Swan and that game was well and truly over!! The players knew that too... the way they celebrated those three goals, they knew they were never going to catch us!!

Love watching that game...

laird 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Jezza wrote:
Alien wrote:

Jolly's goal (from Rusty), was when I knew we had it won - plenty of time to enjoy Smile

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah, early third quarter for me. It was hard to pinpoint an exact time, but once we got beyond 40 points we looked home.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm

- Opening bounce when Kerro belted it forward out of the middle and the ball went through for a point. I thought it was a goal and was pissed off that it was touched, still didn't see it touched. Never forget that for some reason.

- Daicos on the boundary, first goal. Game on!

- Monkey's goal at the end and the all the confetti raining down.

- The smother, unforgettable. Just the sight and sounds of all the Saints fans cheering then going quiet as all the Pies supporters go from quiet to cheering. Iconic moment in GF history.

- Harry's 50m penalty then long bomb goal, watching it curl back as I was right behind it. Goose bumps.

- Watching Dids with ball in hand on the siren throw it in the air. I was also near him at ground level and knew he was waiting for the siren, he kept holding on and on and on. As he was doing this I was thinking to myself "Remember this moment, remember this moment".

Memmmmmories.......like the corner's of my mind, misty water-coloured memmmmmories, of the way we werrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

2013, bring back the rage!

MONCO: Your life.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:09 pm

yes, another season gone by and it already feels like an eternity for me. I'm hungry for more success. Some great players in that team not even at their peak. It'd be a great shame if that crop weren't able to taste it again. I sense more greatness isn't too far away Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Alien wrote:

It came a lot earlier for mine.... those 3 goals on the trot in the third from Dawes, Wellingham and Swan and that game was well and truly over!! The players knew that too... the way they celebrated those three goals, they knew they were never going to catch us!!

Love watching that game...

Yes I think it was won early in the 3rd quarter, but knowing Collingwood, you can never be too sure, so I think we knew it was ours very early in the last quarter.

After that the next 20 minutes were the best I've ever felt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: