Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Right to Bear Arms

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ONE of the teenagers charged with the murder of Melbourne baseball star Chris Lane posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/chilling-911-call-details-final-moments-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane8217s-life/story-fni0fiyv-1226700172461

I understand gun laws are the biggest issue with this case at the moment, but surely the murder being racially-motivated can't be dimissed considering one of the shooters harboured strong hatred towards white people.

How has this been dismissed by so many so quickly?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Jezza wrote:
Quote:
ONE of the teenagers charged with the murder of Melbourne baseball star Chris Lane posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/chilling-911-call-details-final-moments-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane8217s-life/story-fni0fiyv-1226700172461

I understand gun laws are the biggest issue with this case at the moment, but surely the murder being racially-motivated can't be dimissed considering one of the shooters harboured strong hatred towards white people.

First thing would be that his friend, the driver, is white.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 am

stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Quote:

First thing would be that his friend, the driver, is white.

Fair point, but the two charged with murder were African American and one of them displayed some kind of hatred against '90% of white people'. I might be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if they ideally wanted to go for a white caucasian as their target, but if they got bored as they say they did, then they'd probably go for anyone on the street, no matter if you're black or white or male or female.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/black-teen-who-murdered-australian-jogger-posted-racist-tweets/

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:36 am

How do you plan to do this?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 pm

shoot them all
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm

I very nearly put this in the WTF thread, and it certainly wouldn't be out of place there. Shocked

Quote:
AN American state has been authorising the blind to carry guns, even people who aren't allowed to drive a car.
The Des Moines Register reports that in Iowa, Polk County officials have confirmed that they've issued weapons permits to at least three people who can't legally drive and who were unable to read the application forms.
And sheriffs in three other counties say they have granted permits to people they believe have severe visual impairments.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/iowa-allows-blind-to-carry-guns-under-disability-laws/story-fndir2ev-1226714987227#ixzz2eMSdUAtg

I'm sorry, WTF?

But wait, there's more. End of the same article.

Quote:
Cedar County Sheriff Warren Wethington supports the equality stance and has a legally blind daughter who plans to obtain a permit to carry when she turns 2.
"If sheriffs spent more time trying to keep guns out of criminals' hands and not people with disabilities, their time would be more productive," Wethington told the Register as he and his daughter took turns practice shooting with a semi-automatic handgun.

Shocked

Edit, I just bumped into another article on the same subject elsewhere. The Sheriff's daughter will turn 21 in 2 years and he'll get her the licence to carry then, not when she turns 2. Embarassed

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Edit, I just bumped into another article on the same subject elsewhere. The Sheriff's daughter will turn 21 in 2 years and he'll get her the licence to carry then, not when she turns 2. Embarassed

^ And this will make any damn difference exactly how? Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

^ And this will make any damn difference exactly how? Shocked

Well, hopefully the 2 year old wouldn't also have a drivers licence? Razz

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Ahh, Of course. Thankyou. Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 pm

I'd usually rather eat my own teeth for brunch than listen to Neil Mitchell, but this is a pretty good interview with one of our brand new senatorsan advocate for concealed weapons!

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/mr-abbott-meet-some-of-your-new-best-friends-in-the-senate-20130908-2te7h.html

We need a double dissolution, stat. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 pm

And on and on it goes! Rolling Eyes

Chicago police search for suspects in shooting that hurt 13

Chicago police are searching for suspected gang members who opened fire with an assault weapon at a park late on Thursday, wounding 13 people including a 3-year-old boy, in an attack that highlighted Mayor Rahm Emanuel's struggle to stem street crime.

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told a news conference that up to three gunmen used at least one assault-style weapon with a high-capacity ammunition clip to fire on a crowd in the city's Back of the Yards neighborhood.

The shooting, on a warm night when residents were enjoying a basketball game, came 10 days after Emanuel and McCarthy held a press conference in a nearby neighborhood to claim success in a strategy of flooding 20 high-crime neighborhoods with police.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/20/us-usa-chicago-shooting-idUSBRE98J03Q20130920

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Blacks killing Blacks, it's a form of population control setting up gun shops in black neighborhoods.
London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/21/american-gun-out-control-porter

An interesting perspective
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Assault weapons you would think would have been designed and intended for the Military and outside of them and law enforcement no one else should be allowed to legally own them.

When will the yanks learn?

Never is my guess.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Shocked Shocked We were there last year and are planning on returning next year!

Bloody extremists of any shape colour or creed - just buggar off!! Evil or Very Mad

Nairobi shooting: Kenya police in stand-off with terrorists after 39 shoppers killed in mall massacre

An unknown number of hostages are being held by gunmen inside a shopping centre in Kenya's capital Nairobi, more than 17 hours after terrorists from the Somali group Al Shabaab launched a deadly attack on the complex.

At least 39 people were killed and more than 150 injured when heavily armed gunmen attacked the city's Westgate mall on Saturday (local time), throwing grenades and shooting shoppers as they went.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-21/kenya-nairobi-mall-shooting-terrorist-group-in-deadly-attack/4973210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25   

Jump to: