Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies set to trade Young

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

burnsy17 wrote:
^^

free speech an issue with you?

We can like / dislike whoever we want. Clarke is a spud until proven otherwise.

You so remind me of the silly wankers who used to stand in front of the Collingwood Social Club at Victoria Park in the 70's and 80's and bag the crap out of the Magpie players during the entire bloody game, even when we were winning. It was soon obviously apparent that they just wanted to be the sole centre of attention rather than actually barrack for the Club. The amount of times these types were confronted and challenged by others was numerous but some dickheads still only ever wanted to bag our players non stop.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Free speech is a right but with every right comes a responsibility. There is a very fine line between having the right to free speech but then being genuinely interested in actually barracking for a team rather than releasing pent up emotions from other matters (usually family issues) by abusing Collingwood players rather than the opposition or the umpires......... Rolling Eyes

And to call an Irish bloke a "spud" is bordering on bigotry...... Evil or Very Mad .
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I quite liked Tom Young, sure, he had some deficiencies but he was a hard nut who knew how to find the footy. I suppose the deficiencies were a little too much. Good luck to him.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Always thought he was a bit vanilla
But he has done something myself and the rest of Nicks has never done
Played for Collingwood

All the best

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

frankiboy wrote:
I quite liked Tom Young, sure, he had some deficiencies but he was a hard nut who knew how to find the footy. I suppose the deficiencies were a little too much. Good luck to him.

This. Lack of pace and inability to read the game were always my major concerns wit Young. Wish him well in his future with the doggies.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
^^

free speech an issue with you?

We can like / dislike whoever we want. Clarke is a spud until proven otherwise.

You so remind me of the silly wankers who used to stand in front of the Collingwood Social Club at Victoria Park in the 70's and 80's and bag the crap out of the Magpie players during the entire bloody game, even when we were winning. It was soon obviously apparent that they just wanted to be the sole centre of attention rather than actually barrack for the Club. The amount of times these types were confronted and challenged by others was numerous but some dickheads still only ever wanted to bag our players non stop.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Free speech is a right but with every right comes a responsibility. There is a very fine line between having the right to free speech but then being genuinely interested in actually barracking for a team rather than releasing pent up emotions from other matters (usually family issues) by abusing Collingwood players rather than the opposition or the umpires......... Rolling Eyes

And to call an Irish bloke a "spud" is bordering on bigotry...... Evil or Very Mad .

Finished yet?

At some point you'll fall off your high horse and learn to respect anothers view...I wont resort to stereotyping you, although you make it pretty easy to do so with your copybook rant.

It must make you feel important calling others 'wankers' and accusing them of having family issues. Such insightful, baseless comments. At least my clarke comments are based on something... His inability to get a kick!

Oh.... And by the way... Clarke is still a SPUD.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

^ So his intolerance for your intolerance is now intolerable. Right.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm

jackcass wrote:
frankiboy wrote:

This. Lack of pace and inability to read the game were always my major concerns wit Young. Wish him well in his future with the doggies.

Some kids you look at and think they'll be a gun, and often you're wrong.

I watched this kid play and he seemed to have almost all the tools, but their was just something NQR I couldn't put my finger on. if you did a tick list for a midfielder, he'd score over 5 out of 10 on every category, but above 8 on none.

We may have just let go the next Josh Kennedy/Jobe Watson, but I seriously doubt it. If it happens, all credit to the kid.l

Scotch 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Even if he is the next Josh Kennedy or Jobe Watson it won't be bothering us any time soon if he stays at Footscray. And let's be honest, he wouldn't have become that great a player nor reached that sort of potential if he stayed at Collingwood. Would have just been starved of opportunities until no club wanted him.

I hope all the best for him.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Scotch wrote:
Even if he is the next Josh Kennedy or Jobe Watson it won't be bothering us any time soon if he stays at Footscray.

Laughing Shocked Laughing

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I watched this kid play and he seemed to have almost all the tools, but their was just something NQR

Exactly! At first I said "Nope. Hopeless" and then I said "but wait! there is something special there, somewhere". Now I say "Oh, I don't bloody know, could be anything or nothing but whatever he's got it hasn't clicked yet".

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 am

I like the way this kid runs at the contest and his ability to know when to risk leaving his man to attack, I hope he has a long and distinguished career at the dogs, and reaches his potential.
ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 am

Bulldogs were smart, if delisted there would have been a few interested in Tom. Saying he turns it over is not accurate, check the stats.....his efficiency was high. Well respected by the playing group. Hopefully has a long career.
Pies have lost a good inside player.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

Few bush leagues maybe. And his disposal by foot was down right atrocious a good percentage of the time.
Let's be honest, Pies haven't lost anything. He'll be delisted in two years.

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 am

^ some opinion was he was to be delisted this year......and wasn't.

Let's revisit in 2 years.

Good luck Tom

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 am

Delisted, traded to the Dogs for a 5th rounder, all the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: